Role Playing Game at the LAN?

More
31 Dec 2011 08:54 #21941 by Twodavez
Over the weekend i had a chance to join my bro-in-law and his group of friends in a game of "Call of Cthulhu" and it was kinda fun to get back into a pen and paper role playing game.
I've proposed the idea of maying having a local DM and a few of his normal players actually play at the lan for a few hours. Like maybe from 5pm - midnight.
Would anyone else be interest in playing some type of dice/role playing game off of the PC? i know it's not what everyone comes for, but might be a change of pace and this seems to be the type of community to have some D&D players in it. Plus you could play something like Skyrim, but actually be social with other attendees :-)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2011 09:23 #21943 by Shroud
Nerd... ;)

I've always kinda wanted to due that kind of thing but I'm pretty sure my attention span would not allow me to.

More
31 Dec 2011 09:33 #21944 by Twodavez

Shroud wrote: Nerd... ;)

I've always kinda wanted to due that kind of thing but I'm pretty sure my attention span would not allow me to.

Up until last weekend, i hadn't played anything like that in over 10 years. Depending on the DM (Dungeon Master) the game can get boring or it will stay interesting and fun.

I was just sitting at the table talking to one of the guys there who brought in the parts to a new i5 he was building for gaming and thought, why not merge the communities a little and see what shakes out. This would'nt require any power from the PC's but would add more people to the LAN totals and might be fun!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
31 Dec 2011 11:44 #21946 by Shroud
Can I be a giant with six arms? that way I can dual wield two handed hammers and have two tower shields.

I'd be up for this kind of thing, even if I just watched for a bit and learned how it worked. Some of us could learn some classic rpg gaming and people who come for that could learn some pc gaming.

More
31 Dec 2011 22:20 #21950 by Wingless92
I never got into the whole board game thing. But count me in for some Connect Four!

If you guys can get enough people, run with it I say.

More
01 Jan 2012 01:40 #21952 by Wooderson
I might play like you It's been 15 years since i played those games, and even then we didn't play properly. It would be nice to play with people that know the game well.

I kill CPU's

We have 2339 guests and no members online

supportus