And one more thing

More
31 Aug 2011 07:47 #19442 by garfi3ld
And one more thing was created by garfi3ld
As amazing as it is, I forgot to give away the most expensive prize at the entire LAN this weekend! Ergotron provided us with a prize and I intend to give it away right here on the forums to those of you who were at the LAN. Here is how this is going to work...

You need to post up here with a link to the product you would like and how you would use it if you win. You can pick from the following list with the exception of the DS100 Quad monitor stand and the tablet racks.
www.ergotron.com/Products/DeskMounts/tab...e/en-US/Default.aspx

Here are the rules! Please read carefully.

1. You must be registered and have attended our LanOC v9.0 event this past weekend
2. If you won two items in the raffle you will not be included. Lets spread the wealth around to attendees who didn't win.
3. If you win you MUST post up a photo of you using your stand here on the LanOC forums in the situation you described when you entered to win.
4. ALL entries must be in by the end of the day Friday September 2nd, no exceptions

How do you win? We will be picking a winner at random and posting it up for all to see after the entries are all in. At that time I will pm you looking for your shipping information. If you don't get back to us BEFORE Monday the 5th we will redraw.

I am looking forward to seeing what everyone would do with their stand. Good luck to you all!

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2011 08:17 #19444 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re: And one more thing

garfi3ld wrote: 2. If you won two items in the raffle you will not be included. Lets spread the wealth around to attendees who didn't win.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Sorry, but I'd time travel to avoid getting one of my prizes, just to get a chance at this epic contest.
I just hope those that ARE eligible actually catch this contest and enter, HOLY SMNC! you can't complain about going home empty handed when you get this kind of opportunity.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
31 Aug 2011 10:11 - 31 Aug 2011 21:26 #19445 by Brandonxcore
Replied by Brandonxcore on topic Re: And one more thing
The Product I would like: Ergotron LX Triple/Dual Display Lift Stand

If I won, I would like the LX Triple/Dual Display Lift Stand because soon as I buy another Asus 23.6" 1080p monitor soon and then use one of my 20" lcd's as a third screen to use while gaming on my two 23.6" screens to play music and check facebook, it will need a dual/triple mount to hold both on one stand, well it would be nice anyways if I won! ;P I only won once in the raffle.
Last edit: 31 Aug 2011 21:26 by Brandonxcore.

More
31 Aug 2011 10:15 - 01 Sep 2011 08:29 #19446 by Rhythmatic
Replied by Rhythmatic on topic Re: And one more thing
Ever since I saw the triple monitor setups at LanOC 8 and then again at 9, I've wanted one.

If I won, I'd want this: www.ergotron.com/Products/tabid/65/PRDID...e/en-US/Default.aspx

The LX Triple/Dual Display Lift Stand would be perfect, especially considering how cheap monitors are nowadays! I remember paying $390 for my 20.1" Dell 2007WFP in 2006. YEAH! I could get two more for that kind of money now, lol.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2011 08:29 by Rhythmatic.

More
31 Aug 2011 14:57 #19449 by Vulture
Replied by Vulture on topic Re: And one more thing
I had 3 tickets and didn't win anything this time. This an 2 other stands are the only thing that can handle the weight of my monitor.
www.ergotron.com/Products/tabid/65/PRDID...e/en-US/Default.aspx

More
31 Aug 2011 17:14 - 31 Aug 2011 17:44 #19454 by jj_Sky5000
Replied by jj_Sky5000 on topic Re: And one more thing
Me & Aidan went 0-4 :( We just missed the last raffle.

The LX Triple/Dual Display Lift Stand www.ergotron.com/Products/tabid/65/PRDID...e/en-US/Default.aspx

looks amaizing and world fit perfectly on my desk :)
Last edit: 31 Aug 2011 17:44 by jj_Sky5000.

More
31 Aug 2011 17:20 #19455 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: And one more thing
make sure to include a link

Wes

More
31 Aug 2011 21:08 #19461 by Plague
Replied by Plague on topic Re: And one more thing
I don't know if I can get in on this but I will post this up anyway...

If I won a stand, it would be the LX Triple/Dual Display Lift Stand. I would use it with my current 24in Dell monitor and my 2 20in monitors to game it up like I never have before. I would also use it when I am doing website editing/testing and photoshop work. Like I said don't know if I am allowed to enter, but I can dream of this awesome setup on my desk.

More
31 Aug 2011 21:37 #19463 by Big Ed
Replied by Big Ed on topic Re: And one more thing
Having a dual monitor setup would be ideal, as I work from home at least once a week. While any multi-display product from Ergotron would be great, I am sure I could benefit from the DS100 Dual-Monitor Desk Stand.

More
31 Aug 2011 22:37 #19464 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re: And one more thing
I'd finally pick up a 2nd moniter, would be great for doing homework all those science and medical slides!

More
31 Aug 2011 23:41 #19466 by Fildy
Replied by Fildy on topic Re: And one more thing
Well seeing as how I finally upgraded to a widescreen monitor to take with me to lans, and don't forsee myself getting another one any time soon. I would like this.
It would help stabilize my monitor which is quiet shaky on the factory stand.

And I think Wes knows how many prizes I won, considering if he had the displeasure of calling my name more than once he might have gone insane :D

I'm a bear, put your head in my mouth.

I cry at night

More
01 Sep 2011 00:58 #19471 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Re: And one more thing
For me I love products that support future expand-ability so that is why I would choose the
LX Triple/Dual Display Lift Stand PN# 33-296-195

I like the fact that you can run a dual or triple monitor setup without going to a different stand. So if you have to take a monitor out to toke to the next LAN, you can convert down to the dual screens. Also the integrated cable management is an absolute plus.

More
01 Sep 2011 01:24 - 01 Sep 2011 01:27 #19475 by zrigged
Replied by zrigged on topic Re: And one more thing
LX Dual Stacking Arm <--clicky linky

I mean, seriously, how friggin' cool is this? My new man cave is more like a man hole, so space is suddenly a commidity, so being able to manage either a notebook + LED or dual LED/LCD screens, STACKED, is just too ergonomic to pass up.

BF3 on one monitor, funny LanOC v9.0 pics on the other. Priceless!!!

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up. HST
Last edit: 01 Sep 2011 01:27 by zrigged.

More
01 Sep 2011 04:46 #19478 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: And one more thing
I'm going to have to go with the majority here and want the dual/triple monitor holder. I already have two monitors and adding a third when i have the office space is on the wish list. Using this now on my two current monitors would help with cable management and even give me a little extra actual desk real estate with out having the two current stands taking up that space.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
01 Sep 2011 05:59 #19482 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Re: And one more thing
I just want the Neo-flex :P

Then I can get my tower off the ground lol

More
01 Sep 2011 06:15 #19484 by renegade
Replied by renegade on topic Re: And one more thing

I would finially build my multiple display system. I already have the desk pc one LCD. Just need the stand couple more LCD and 2nd vid card!

More
01 Sep 2011 06:45 #19487 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: And one more thing

Sure, why not :D I plan on getting an ultra-badass triple-monitor setup sooner rather than later.

More
02 Sep 2011 01:56 - 02 Sep 2011 02:00 #19526 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re: And one more thing
Just a friendly reminder to everyone who is planing on a triple screen setup. DO NOT skimp on the graphics card. If you don't go top-of-the-line, your framerate is going to tank. You're pushing 3 times as many pixels. I wasn't even happy with the performance of a single 6970 and had to get a second. In the end, if you aren't willing to spend at least $1000 on the upgrade, then you'd better wait.
Last edit: 02 Sep 2011 02:00 by Nacelle.

More
02 Sep 2011 03:19 - 02 Sep 2011 03:19 #19531 by RumplePunkSkin
I'd go with the XL triple/dual stand,

The English Premier League highlights on "Match of the Day" would never look better!

-Rumple
Last edit: 02 Sep 2011 03:19 by RumplePunkSkin.

More
02 Sep 2011 05:35 - 02 Sep 2011 05:38 #19532 by h4lt
Replied by h4lt on topic Re: And one more thing
I would totally want the dual monitor vertical stand. I was just sitting here imagining a second monitor above my main screen, and I think it would work out pretty well. Not to mention it would save big time on desk space.

Link to Ergotron product: www.ergotron.com/Products/tabid/65/PRDID...e/en-US/Default.aspx

Example of similar product in action: zedomax.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009...al-monitor-stand.jpg

Edit: I could eventually work my way towards this as well XD ---> www.flickr.com/photos/ethank/640688210/
Last edit: 02 Sep 2011 05:38 by h4lt.

More
02 Sep 2011 21:06 #19545 by Angrypirate
Replied by Angrypirate on topic Re: And one more thing
If I had this...I would be droppin' plates and the ladies would be droppin' dayer panties!!!

THIS ONE!!

More
03 Sep 2011 01:54 #19558 by Ronster
Replied by Ronster on topic Re: And one more thing
if i won i would like to have the www.ergotron.com/Products/tabid/65/PRDID...e/en-US/Default.aspx triple stand that shit is dope. always wanted to have 2 or 3 monitors up and running in front of me kicking ass on fps games.

More
03 Sep 2011 02:15 #19561 by Action
Replied by Action on topic Re: And one more thing
If I won. I would like to have the LX Triple/Dual Display Lift Stand

I have dual monitors that are low to the desk with their current built in stands. This would not only bring the monitors closer together but would raise them to the right height without neck and back strain. Also the fact that it can be upgraded to three monitors would be a very nice plus. I could definitely see myself using three monitors in the future especially for gaming.

More
03 Sep 2011 04:28 #19566 by natsu
Replied by natsu on topic Re: And one more thing

I would set this up to use my laptop alongside my desktop so i could skype with my family in Florida and with my nephew. I dont want to buy a webcam when i already have one, but i don't want to be limited to my non-gaming laptop either. This way, i could have skype open and setup so i could sit at my desktop and game/whatever.

More
03 Sep 2011 04:33 #19568 by Emicon
Replied by Emicon on topic Re: And one more thing
I would have to choose LX Desk Mount LCD arm. This way I could swing my monitor to the perfect angle for watching Netflix or playing games in bed!

More
03 Sep 2011 05:13 #19570 by Heywood
Replied by Heywood on topic Re: And one more thing
If I won, I would like the: www.ergotron.com/Products/tabid/65/PRDID...e/en-US/Default.aspx sit and stand single monitor workstation. The narrow size and dual position would fit perfectly in my room. A perfect personal place to game and surf. Thanks

More
03 Sep 2011 05:20 #19571 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic Re: And one more thing
If I won, It would help me with my sorta side PC repair biz.

More
03 Sep 2011 07:02 - 03 Sep 2011 07:06 #19574 by Slash_Fury
Replied by Slash_Fury on topic Re: And one more thing
My before and after photos will describe how I will be using the Work-Fit S Single HD Sit-Stand Workstation (Link here. )

Having to use the bathroom is the #2 cause for getting killed in a game (#1 is due to Mom making you do the dishes, #3 is "lag"). For most people, lowly "sitters," this is not an issue, as they can just pull up their workstation to their other workstation. But what about the glorious master race of squatters? Where is our salvation from toilet-frags?

That's where the Work-Fit S Single HD Sit-Stand Worstation comes in. With its ability to hold my 24" monitor, I will be able to see the terror in my foes' eyes, as they receive a shot between the eyes from my #2 weapon. The last thoughts before their bodies collapse will be, "Surely, this man must go AFK sometime," and, "Does anyone else smell that?"

The adjustable arm will be able to support the intense strain of battle, as I proceed to drop airstrikes, whether in the field of battle, or the virtual field of battle. The slide-out mouse tray will face a fierce grip, unparalleled, showing my dedication to the most dangerous game.

Artist's renditions:

Before:

After:

Any provided photos will be SFW. Alternatively, I can put my exercise bike in front of my desk and use this for exercise :)
Last edit: 03 Sep 2011 07:06 by Slash_Fury.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TownFunk

More
03 Sep 2011 21:12 - 03 Sep 2011 21:13 #19581 by garfi3ld
Thanks for the entrys guys and girls! I have the results

Congrats to Natsu, please pm me your shipping information and I will get the information over to Ergotron. I can't wait to see pictures of everything all setup! A LanOC logo in the final picture would get you bonus points ;).

Wes
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Sep 2011 21:13 by garfi3ld.

More
03 Sep 2011 21:17 #19582 by garfi3ld
I also wanted to point out that I reached her name after going through 4 other people who didn't post up on the forum or didn't make it to the LAN. ie Meatshield and a few others.

Wes

We have 2005 guests and one member online

supportus