Thanks for a great time!

• L0rdG1gabyt3
  • L0rdG1gabyt3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • The character limit on this box is too small for m
More
29 Aug 2011 16:14 #19325 by L0rdG1gabyt3
I would like to thank everyone for a great time!

I appreciate all the time, effort, money and hard work that is required to put on such a great event. Oh, and you too Wingless! ;)

Im already looking forward to seeing everyone in the spring for v10!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2011 19:12 #19326 by Wooderson
Another great event ,and possibly the best one yet. The new building was amazing. The projectors are very cool.Also you could not ask for a better staff. Thanks for going through all the trouble so we can have a good time, and meet new people. Lets not forget a special thanks to Twodaves (pancake supreme) for the culinary delights. I cant wait for V.10 see you there.

I kill CPU's
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
30 Aug 2011 00:41 #19338 by garfi3ld
As messed up as it is, im excited about getting going on the next event. Looking forward to improving even more. Thanks guys!

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
30 Aug 2011 03:27 #19348 by Davey_Boy
I will agree that this was by far the best lan yet!! The new building was kickass and so was the community!! You guys ROCK!!! B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
30 Aug 2011 03:44 #19350 by Ropplestiltskin
Have to say this is the best lan I have been to. You guys did a great job!!

Ok so I need a bottle of nitro, a stick of Dynamite, a roll of duct tape and ... Oh yeah! a squirrel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
30 Aug 2011 03:54 - 30 Aug 2011 06:02 #19351 by Leonresevil2
Event was pretty epic, thanks to the staff and sponsors! Building was great, projectors helped a lot, and everything was pretty great. That said, I'd like to put forth some ideas and suggestions to help things even more (with tldr's in italics) :
  • Maybe Valve would give LanOC some advert funding if we listed up sales, new releases, and anything else for them? LanOC loves Steam, maybe we can get some of their love for spreading the word on buying everything possible on Steam. Advertise for Valve and Steam
  • We saw why there was so much talk about the League tournament. There's a lot of aspects to consider, and work to balance, and some things didn't go as planned. We expected that all champions would be available to pick from, and maybe that was a bad assumption but that's how it should've been, considering everything. Beginners definitely had a rough time, and I think Linky was the only one that really enjoyed it as a beginner (of course, he's pro at everything he touches, so what do you expect ;) ). I'm not upset or butt-hurt (kinda was from all that Alister action at the time), but I think for everyone's sake, we need a minimum level. Everything was a bit of a mess, with the change to the meta, uncertainty of ban/pick rules, odd execution time, and just the overall package. If any other LoL players can give further input, that would be great. Maybe having the tournament start/end at an earlier time of day would avoid server issues, although they were not too bad but could've easily been far worse (I'd aim for Sunday morning perhaps). Find mod to allow all champion pick, do draft picking, add minimum level, nerf Starkiller lol
  • TF2 tourney was fun, I think 6v6 or 8v8 would've been fun, even if that meant less teams, as that would allow possible double elimination and more matches. Even with 6 teams, we won one and lost in the finals; this just felt super-short compared to LoL, and I didn't feel LoL deserved so much more time and gameplay compared to the classic TF2. moar tf2 hat...time
  • You must, MUST confirm that Super MNC will make a tournament showing at the next event. It will honestly be more balanced than LoL, and get more people because its more natural to play and FREE! Don't make me beg. SMNC nuff said
  • The event is definitely a great value, and if it continues at the Senior Center for the same time length or hopefully a bit longer, it's definitely worth $20 or more if needed. LanOC just keeps getting bigger, and that venue just made things so much better. The spectating wall was so perfect. The mic was a bit quiet, so maybe more speakers on both ends of the building would help. That was the first time I was actually glad I slept in-venue. The chairs were a bit bad, but the fantastic setup at Wes's mini probably spoiled me. So much epic, pull an EA on us please!

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2011 06:02 by Leonresevil2.

More
30 Aug 2011 04:11 - 30 Aug 2011 04:12 #19355 by Davey_Boy

Leonresevil2 wrote: nerf Starkiller lol

YEA NERF THAT FAGGOT!!!
Last edit: 30 Aug 2011 04:12 by Davey_Boy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonresevil2

More
30 Aug 2011 05:32 - 30 Aug 2011 05:57 #19363 by Koolaid84
Thanks for everyone making it a great time :)

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon
Last edit: 30 Aug 2011 05:57 by Koolaid84. Reason: for the sake of everyone

More
30 Aug 2011 05:59 - 30 Aug 2011 06:08 #19370 by Leonresevil2
I hope my (hopefully constructive enough) constructive criticism doesn't get overlooked.

And I lovez all the staff, don't think I forgot about you!

... Apparently we can't delete our own posts anymore...

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2011 06:08 by Leonresevil2. Reason: erasing stuff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Koolaid84

More
30 Aug 2011 06:01 - 30 Aug 2011 06:15 #19371 by Koolaid84
Youre fine :) dont worry about it :P

* it wont be overlooked and be taken into consideration :)*

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon
Last edit: 30 Aug 2011 06:15 by Koolaid84.

More
30 Aug 2011 06:24 #19376 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re: Thanks for a great time!

• We saw why there was so much talk about the League tournament. There's a lot of aspects to consider, and work to balance, and some things didn't go as planned. We expected that all champions would be available to pick from, and maybe that was a bad assumption but that's how it should've been, considering everything. Beginners definitely had a rough time, and I think Linky was the only one that really enjoyed it as a beginner (of course, he's pro at everything he touches, so what do you expect ;) ). I'm not upset or butt-hurt (kinda was from all that Alister action at the time), but I think for everyone's sake, we need a minimum level. Everything was a bit of a mess, with the change to the meta, uncertainty of ban/pick rules, odd execution time, and just the overall package. If any other LoL players can give further input, that would be great. Maybe having the tournament start/end at an earlier time of day would avoid server issues, although they were not too bad but could've easily been far worse (I'd aim for Sunday morning perhaps). Find mod to allow all champion pick, do draft picking, add minimum level, nerf Starkiller lol[/i[/ul]

• I was never under the impression that all champions were gonna be avalible, not to mention that the staff had no way of making this possible. The setup needs some fine tuning but for a first run it went well. And yes a min level is needed..... cause well... my team blew, if you were on my team sorry but your bad. Not saying I did amazing but I held for as long as I could with a tank, and ended up 3-4-4. Pretty dang good for a game were the other team had between 30 and 40 kills... over 50% of them h4lt. Earlier time in the day would avoid most server issues cause the server gets packed in the evening. The issues with draft pick is you have to have like 14 characters a person in order for draft pick to work so the way we did it was fine. One thing that a few teams had was issues with champions and such, and really the only way I can see to fix this is to give each team a max of 5 min to get there champions fixed cause we had people keep changing who they wanted to be, then complain.. then change again. Just from experiance the more structured a tourny is the smoother it goes. Like I said, it went really well for a first run. And as for balance, it's not that unbalanced if you play well, but once a team gets a few people fed... well your dead. does it need work? heck yes but even a powerful character can be shutdown if you play right and beat him down.longest post from me ever. :P

More
    30 Aug 2011 07:00 #19380 by Leonresevil2
    Twodavez and I had discussed the all-champs aspect, and I think Starkiller was also under the impression we would be able to pick freely. It apparently is possible, and would be very nice especially if we must have beginners with only current free champs available to pick. As Riot themselves have said, by level 20 you should have enough champs unlocked that you can have 4 bans, 9 picks, and be able to pick from your own champs without an issue. That was the issue with Ranked mode, as if everyone picked/banned from the free champ pool, the last four picks would have no options by default. If we coordinated in Draft Pick, we could've done that. I guess picks were done without Draft to allow for no min level.
    Draft really helps for balance, as you can actually counter-pick and discuss pick strategies to get 'steal' champs from the other team and such. It felt a bit more like solo queue than a real tournament; we even had someone QQing a bit (won't name names) because we decided to ban the champs we knew he played mainly. Personally, I think that was the best part of the tournament. :evil:
    As mentioned, the server issues weren't too bad, but I've seen the servers go down on Saturday nights. Of course, I think Riot has improved their stuff, but I'd hate to see the finals delayed because Riot says "manual server shutdown, no more games launched until reboot." And those can last a long time.

"You should the forums"
    Better words never said.

More
    30 Aug 2011 07:14 - 30 Aug 2011 07:18 #19381 by Arxon
    Replied by Arxon on topic Re: Thanks for a great time!

we even had someone QQing a bit (won't name names) because we decided to ban the champs we knew he played mainly. Personally, I think that was the best part of the tournament.

:lol:

Man wish i was there. Star would have been eaten alive by me.

my team blew, if you were on my team sorry but your bad.

This is just rude.
    Last edit: 30 Aug 2011 07:18 by Arxon.

More
    30 Aug 2011 07:45 #19385 by Dreyvas

Leonresevil2 wrote:

• TF2 tourney was fun, I think 6v6 or 8v8 would've been fun, even if that meant less teams, as that would allow possible double elimination and more matches. Even with 6 teams, we won one and lost in the finals; this just felt super-short compared to LoL, and I didn't feel LoL deserved so much more time and gameplay compared to the classic TF2. moar tf2 hat...time

• Agreed.

More
    30 Aug 2011 20:23 #19400 by Wingless92
    The TF2 tourney teams where awesome. Sure we lost our second game but did I care? Nope, it was hella close! and that's what makes it fun. The final was also super close so it just goes to show you that random teams do work out. That was the most fun I have had in a TF2 tourney in a LONG TIME. I will post again but later but i'm getting ready to leave work.

More
    30 Aug 2011 23:38 #19414 by THUMPer
    sorry to team 1 for the LoL tourney. I sucked. But I wanted to play because I wanted to have fun. And I did. Ive never played that game, let alone a game like it. Thanks

More
    31 Aug 2011 00:05 - 31 Aug 2011 00:07 #19416 by Ronster
    as always i had a great time just shooten the shit with everyone. to me i thought all the tournaments sucked i had no idea what i was doing in tf2 or lol so sorry for my team i just have never played either of the games im a fps man like cod and anything close to it. i have decided to bring my daughter to the next lan though cause being the second time to a lanoc i have left empty handed from raffles two times running hopeing with my daughter next time maybe one of us could win something. seeing people get like 2 or 3 prizes and leaving empty handed was a drag but hey always next time. once again though thanks for putting it together and look forward to the next one. hopeing for same location much better then the other.
    Last edit: 31 Aug 2011 00:07 by Ronster.

More
    31 Aug 2011 02:46 #19423 by Davey_Boy

Arxon wrote:

we even had someone QQing a bit (won't name names) because we decided to ban the champs we knew he played mainly. Personally, I think that was the best part of the tournament.

Challenge Accepted!! B)

More
    31 Aug 2011 02:56 #19425 by garfi3ld

starkiller wrote:

Arxon wrote:

Challenge Accepted!! B)

hacker :-P

Wes

More
    31 Aug 2011 06:18 #19437 by Leonresevil2

THUMPer wrote: sorry to team 1 for the LoL tourney. I sucked. But I wanted to play because I wanted to have fun. And I did. Ive never played that game, let alone a game like it. Thanks

I'm actually glad to hear that you had fun. I thought you were getting frustrated at times, but I'm glad to be wrong. I blame it more on bad composition for the enemy team's heavy harassment.
    Now, just to keep the new players interested in the game, so that everyone gets more experience in it and can put forth a solid tournament later on!

"You should the forums"
    Better words never said.

More
    01 Sep 2011 06:01 #19483 by Davey_Boy

Leonresevil2 wrote:

THUMPer wrote: sorry to team 1 for the LoL tourney. I sucked. But I wanted to play because I wanted to have fun. And I did. Ive never played that game, let alone a game like it. Thanks

I'm actually glad to hear that you had fun. I thought you were getting frustrated at times, but I'm glad to be wrong. I blame it more on bad composition for the enemy team's heavy harassment.
    Now, just to keep the new players interested in the game, so that everyone gets more experience in it and can put forth a solid tournament later on!

I really would like to see more ppl get a better understanding of the game and have a more solid tourny next time!!

I hope I didn't discourage too many ppl from playing after facing my WRATH!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!! :evil:

More
    02 Sep 2011 03:10 #19530 by LinkyPwns
    Thanks LANOC for hosting the new building, new reliable network, and new people at 9.0. It was a great time and the tournaments were great. I'm hoping sometime we could get a Starcraft 2 tournament going. The projectors were fabulous and the old school selection was awesome. Thank you staff for your constant dedication for making this amazing event possible! :woohoo:

We have 1328 guests and no members online

supportus