v9.0 Tournament Rules: League of Legends

More
17 Aug 2011 07:52 #18362 by garfi3ld

Arxon wrote:

Nacelle wrote:

garfi3ld wrote: Chris you may not feel like you are arguing but it does feel like it when you read your posts.

You don't realize how often I've waited to hit submit or edited my post to change the wording to sound less argumentative. What you see is more than %50 off the original. Take the post above. The first thing I put down was a bit different.

Sorry I sound that way. I will reword from now on. Like I want to say more but won't.(Not to you Nacelle, just in general.)

Lets just let things be now no more arguing and when the lan comes you can shoot them in the head in TF2 and/or what other fps you like.

Chris as in Nacelle, not you lol

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2011 08:01 - 17 Aug 2011 08:05 #18365 by garfi3ld

Nacelle wrote:

garfi3ld wrote: Chris you may not feel like you are arguing but it does feel like it when you read your posts.

You don't realize how often I've waited to hit submit or edited my post to change the wording to sound less argumentative. What you see is more than %50 off the original. Take the post above. The first thing I put down was a bit different.

Just because its half as argumentative doesn't mean its not arguing.

"I assume you want the 2nd one to be the one you meant."

You take a small quote from the entire statement and turn it around... I will stand by my FULL quote. Doing one thing doesn't equate to the staff trying to "make it fair". Not to mention its really frustrating that you complain about something, we do our best to fix that issue and then you turn it around and bash us for "trying to make it fair". We weren't trying to make it fair, we were trying to come to a compromise with a group of people who complained in this post (Including you..).

Edit* sorry this comes off pissy. Its just really frustrating.

Wes
Last edit: 17 Aug 2011 08:05 by garfi3ld.

More
17 Aug 2011 08:08 #18367 by Leonresevil2
I am glad that the staff knows how Dota, HoN, and LoL can be. Actually, this makes me wish the staff COULD play in the tournament, as it would be more 'veteran' players involved. I hope you guys would be interested and take part in some unofficial matches, I might even not play Martyr in HoN! =D

My last remaining concern is internet. Each match would be 10 people connected to the LoL servers, and that may be a challenge with 77 people there. That last factor is hardest to test and prep for. Will we be blocking ports, restricting non-tourney play to LAN, or any other restrictions to provide optimal connection for the tourney? Don't be afraid to crack the whip, if it means we can actually have a running tournament.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
17 Aug 2011 08:16 #18369 by Wingless92
I would play but I don't want anyone thinking, lol

That came out bad.

I would be more than happy to play but not in the tournament.

More
17 Aug 2011 08:52 #18376 by Arxon

Wingless92 wrote: I would play but I don't want anyone thinking, lol

That came out bad.

I would be more than happy to play but not in the tournament.

I can attest he does stink at these types of game but i have fun with him anyway. What he says on vent has me in tears most of the time.

More
17 Aug 2011 09:00 #18378 by garfi3ld

Leonresevil2 wrote: My last remaining concern is internet. Each match would be 10 people connected to the LoL servers, and that may be a challenge with 77 people there. That last factor is hardest to test and prep for. Will we be blocking ports, restricting non-tourney play to LAN, or any other restrictions to provide optimal connection for the tourney? Don't be afraid to crack the whip, if it means we can actually have a running tournament.

We actually had a lot of people playing LoL at our last event, even when the internet seemed to be running slow without to many issues. But as of right now we are looking at having 3 times or more internet bandwidth than our last event. We will be testing that to be sure as soon as our load balancing router comes in, hopefully at the end of this week.

Also if anyone local has cable internet and can bring their modem to the event to help add to the bandwidth please let me know.

Wes

More
17 Aug 2011 09:02 #18379 by Arxon
If i didn't have family that needed it i would. I upgraded to the 30mb RR.

More
17 Aug 2011 15:21 - 17 Aug 2011 15:27 #18386 by Nacelle
Vulture was playing LoL at the last lan and there certainly were issues with lag. That was during the day. At night after a lot of people left it was fine.

BTW I never bashed you for "making it fair". Don't put words into my mouth. I only put quotes around those words to describe the fact that the staff is building the teams. The reader can come to their own conclusion if it is or not. I have not bashed any staff for any of the rules. They're fine, roll with it. I am bashing ideas like, everyone should be level 1 or level caps are dumb.

[argumentative section]I'm sorry but you can't say in one post we're not "making it fair" and in the next say "to make it fair for everyone", No matter what you said after that. You can't have it both ways. Either you're making it fair or not. Pick a stance and stick with it. If it needs to be spelled out.. Staff picking the team is "making it far", letting people pick their own teams is "not making it fair". I don't care that it's "fair", I'm just point out your wishy-washyness here. Ever consider politics as a career path?[/argumentative section]
Last edit: 17 Aug 2011 15:27 by Nacelle.

More
17 Aug 2011 18:48 #18392 by garfi3ld
Where did I say that the staff will be building teams at all? I'm fairly sure i said the opposite.

beyond that I am done.

Wes

More
17 Aug 2011 19:34 #18393 by Arxon
If we do LoL again as a tourney we should contact Riot and see if they can help with some accounts that are max level all champs and all runes needed. That would make for an interesting tourney.

More
17 Aug 2011 21:14 #18408 by Ender
I LOVE 3v3s. I understand their are more people able to play when it comes to 5v5, but you can get more 3v3 games in at a time and i think it requires more skill than a 5v5, since you have more chances of dying or being ganked =P I agree that the pick and ban time limits shouldn't be that long, but it also shouldn't be rushed. I liked the idea of not having to wait and watch someone else play. It keeps the action going and no one watches your strategy. I wish their was a way to max all accounts so that it was fair when it comes to masteries and runes, but at the same time, you usually have skill or you don't *shrug*

All in all, I am PUMPED for this lan party and can't wait to battle. no matter how the rules are laid out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

More
18 Aug 2011 00:27 #18418 by Leonresevil2
Good to see new input, and see more people interested. I do think if there are less than 15 people signed up and interested, 3v3 may be the way to go.
Runes and masteries make a small impact, but some people have bad runes and selections. It takes some time and calculation to find out what gives you the optimal stats for each rune slot and mastery. If we do LoL again, which would probably be over a year from now at least, then I think that's a reasonable length of time for beginners to get some practice in and unlock things.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
18 Aug 2011 05:17 #18433 by Davey_Boy
!!!WOWOWOWOWOW!!!

I'm gone for a week on vaca and this topic blows up haha :P

So, I dont want this to turn into a "Us lvl 30s dont want you noobs cause we hate you" kinda thing. It's just in MOBA's the learning curve is WAAAAAAY higher than FPS's. I'm just saying that I don't know if you will have fun playing in the tourny if you haven't play at all or even more than like 5-10 games. If you wanna join in then fine by me but don't whine about it not being fair cause a lvl 30 kicked ur ass lol

And JJ, even the top teams in the game don't really get paid to play in tournies. And I'm not bragging trust me, but I have a tourny team and we've done fairly well. Plus I'm in like the top 10% of LoL in solo queue. I'm all about having fun, but I'm also very competitive :P

I could really care less about the tourny and I'll participate anyway regardless cause not much get's on my nerves. I would just like the "heated discussions" to stop so we don't have an all out brawl lol Just too many ppl wanting too many things. Plus, to be honest, it's not like we're playing for $1,000 or even $100 lol I'd be up for a smaller more competitive tourny on the side just for us more skilled players to battle it out B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld, Leonresevil2, Kelf

More
18 Aug 2011 05:25 #18435 by Leonresevil2
Good points. I know if I get someone inexperienced on my team, I'll be telling them to play defensive and not go for kills, which they may not like but they'd like constant dieing even less. I know some people can be really turned off by failing hard in the game, and I'd hate to see beginners get rolled hard in the tourney. We'll see how things go. I'm excited, and hoping for a solid team that understands the basics.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
18 Aug 2011 05:32 #18439 by Davey_Boy

Leonresevil2 wrote: Good points. I know if I get someone inexperienced on my team, I'll be telling them to play defensive and not go for kills, which they may not like but they'd like constant dieing even less. I know some people can be really turned off by failing hard in the game, and I'd hate to see beginners get rolled hard in the tourney. We'll see how things go. I'm excited, and hoping for a solid team that understands the basics.

Pretty much this!^

I know the best thing for a "newbie" to do in a situation like this is just play defensive and let the more skilled players handle it. And idk but that just doesn't sound very fun :unsure:

IDK w/e if you guys wanna do it anyway then go ahead and have fun!! :)

More
18 Aug 2011 06:20 #18449 by Arxon
Star, I am gunning to get a kill streak just on you =D

More
18 Aug 2011 07:51 #18459 by Davey_Boy

Arxon wrote: Star, I am gunning to get a kill streak just on you =D

Good luck! Cause not many ppl get that B)

More
18 Aug 2011 08:03 #18463 by Leonresevil2

starkiller wrote:

Lol cuz he gives all the kills to the minions. 'Siege Minion is LEGENDARY!' ;)

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davey_Boy

More
18 Aug 2011 10:09 #18473 by Davey_Boy

Leonresevil2 wrote:

starkiller wrote:

Lol cuz he gives all the kills to the minions. 'Siege Minion is LEGENDARY!' ;)

SHHH!! DON'T GIVE MY SECRETS AWAY!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonresevil2

We have 1631 guests and no members online

supportus