Would You Look At That!

More
02 Apr 2011 03:52 #14753 by draymac
Found these on a certain staffers facebook page....hopefully each soldier deployed to Ohio City on the 16th and 17th will be bringing them home with them after the LAN! ;)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2011 04:46 #14756 by Twodavez
Very Creative and good idea. Kinda makes me think i thought of it, but i didn't! :P

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
02 Apr 2011 04:56 #14760 by jj_Sky5000
I think you been saying name tags the last 2 years lol lol

More
02 Apr 2011 05:36 #14761 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Very nice!

More
02 Apr 2011 09:36 #14768 by J_E_R_O_M_E
That's pretty sweet!!

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

More
03 Apr 2011 19:23 #14781 by garfi3ld

jj_Sky5000 wrote: I think you been saying name tags the last 2 years lol lol

we have had name tags for the past three events. This will just be the first time going with lanyards

So everyone likes the design? Its going to take me a while to get them all made I wanted see a few opinions before I jumped all the way into it.

Wes

More
03 Apr 2011 21:36 - 03 Apr 2011 21:38 #14787 by Leonresevil2
Looks good, but I'd recommend making the name tag bigger and the LanOC tag maybe smaller. I know they are supposed to be balanced but I'm afraid we have some people's screennames that won't fit well as things are.

Maybe the LanOC tag could be more horizontal and pushed to the top. Could have it partially cut off the print for a bit of styling, but maybe only I view it as styling and everyone else would think it's an error.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 03 Apr 2011 21:38 by Leonresevil2.

More
03 Apr 2011 22:44 #14790 by J_E_R_O_M_E

garfi3ld wrote: So everyone likes the design? Its going to take me a while to get them all made I wanted see a few opinions before I jumped all the way into it.

I like them very much Wes.

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

More
04 Apr 2011 05:23 #14792 by Twodavez
What if the LAN OC was simply on the back? I agree that it may be hard to read some longer names, plus i like the name to be at least 40% of the area, and with the shape of the tags, they seem a little small.
Like I said, it'd be baller to be able to order real ones, i know i'd wear it to other LAN's even though they typically have their own name tags :-)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
04 Apr 2011 05:57 #14793 by Leonresevil2

Twodavez wrote: What if the LAN OC was simply on the back? I agree that it may be hard to read some longer names, plus i like the name to be at least 40% of the area, and with the shape of the tags, they seem a little small.
Like I said, it'd be baller to be able to order real ones, i know i'd wear it to other LAN's even though they typically have their own name tags :-)

I like the idea of front/back, maybe looking like one dual-sided tag. They could be bigger still, and still be smaller and take less paper by being that way. Of course, two-sided printing may be trickier.
And real ones would be amazing, we'd have to make a pool over several months to get everyone interested and get at one good price, since I figure they'd be expensive. But I'd wear them about everywhere! Even to job interviews! ;)

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
04 Apr 2011 06:15 #14794 by garfi3ld
The back is going to have our sponsors on it. don't disagree with the names being a little small. It was important to include the event logo also because these will be used like we have used wrist bands in the past.

Wes

More
04 Apr 2011 06:25 #14796 by Leonresevil2
OMG I just thought, what if we had QR tags on them? Maybe for the sponsors, maybe to go to the site here, and it would be cool if each user's profile on here was a QR on the tags. Just something to think about.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
04 Apr 2011 06:33 #14797 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: Would You Look At That!
Are the lanyards all from one company or several

More
04 Apr 2011 07:05 #14800 by garfi3ld
Several, we weren't able to get one that had enough to cover everyone.

Wes

More
04 Apr 2011 08:05 #14801 by Leonresevil2
Are these built into the admission price?

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

We have 1955 guests and no members online

supportus