v8.0 games

More
28 Feb 2011 09:53 #14001 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re: v8.0 games

Lersar wrote: I also like the idea of FlatOut, I think LeonRes said at v7.5 he found a copy without the glitch that causes it to crash sometimes.

That would be awesome! maybe then I can go farther in th tourny instead of getting hit by 3 semitrucks that I can't even use!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2011 23:13 #14007 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re: v8.0 games
I will have to fiddle with Flatout, but i should be able to get everything unlocked and working. If someone has the original game and wants to load all the Cars folders into the Fixed.zip, that works, but I will try to get some custom skins to throw on the cars and make it all work. I've also tried messing with player caps and such, so we could maybe get 32 player demo! Some numbers may not display right, but who cares with that much destruction!

And Dreyvas and I have talked about an Audiosurf tournament, which could be run offline easily. Thinking over how to ensure fair scores and play.
Plus UT2k4, TQ, DoW1 even. FC2 would be amazing, I loved it on PS3 multiplayer, not sure if the online activation has been patched out yet (think it was).

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
28 Feb 2011 23:18 #14009 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: v8.0 games
I really want to get some UT2K4 in.

More
01 Mar 2011 06:36 #14014 by shocka
Replied by shocka on topic Re: v8.0 games

Dreyvas wrote: I really want to get some UT2K4 in.

YABOIIIIIIIIII

Xfire: bigdizzl3 | Steam: wwweeezzzyyy

More
03 Mar 2011 03:26 #14048 by renegade
Replied by renegade on topic Re: v8.0 games
Is the vent server local? If so its limitied to 8 slots, have a look at mumble for a local chat that has no slot limit.

As for PC Games -

Black Ops
Crysis 2
Home Front
COD 4 (Freetag mod)
Starcraft II DOTA Mod.
Blur
Flat Out 2
UT2k4 Instagib CTF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
03 Mar 2011 08:09 #14049 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: v8.0 games
We have a 25 person slot Vent server running, no it's not local.

I would like some Crysis 2 but I am going to wait and see what the reviews are before buying it.

More
03 Mar 2011 18:40 #14055 by renegade
Replied by renegade on topic Re: v8.0 games
Should consider a local mumble then for the lan it would allow the entire lan in the chat server at 1 time and also remore the use of bandwidth on your connection that will already be in heavy use from gaming, surfing etc.

I ran it at the last NeXus an worked really well.

More
03 Mar 2011 19:30 #14056 by Dreyvas
Yeah, not to mention we had a lot of internet problems at the mini. Local Mumble would probably be the best solution for the LAN.

More
03 Mar 2011 22:04 #14057 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: v8.0 games
Lets keep this topic on the subject of games. We have both vent and mumble on the server

Wes

More
03 Mar 2011 22:51 #14059 by Dreyvas

garfi3ld wrote: Lets keep this topic on the subject of games. We have both vent and mumble on the server

Yeah, I totally forgot about that.

Anyway, we should give TF2 medieval mode a shot at the LAN. Several friends and I have been playing it lately and having an absolute blast. It's just a point control map that disables everything but melee weapons and arrows. It also adds a chat parser to translate everything you say into medieval language. :D

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Medieval_mode

More
04 Mar 2011 00:37 #14064 by jj_Sky5000
Replied by jj_Sky5000 on topic Re: v8.0 games
melee battles are epic or taunt kills :)

More
04 Mar 2011 01:47 #14070 by garfi3ld

Dreyvas wrote:

garfi3ld wrote: Lets keep this topic on the subject of games. We have both vent and mumble on the server

Yeah, I totally forgot about that.

Anyway, we should give TF2 medieval mode a shot at the LAN. Several friends and I have been playing it lately and having an absolute blast. It's just a point control map that disables everything but melee weapons and arrows. It also adds a chat parser to translate everything you say into medieval language. :D

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Medieval_mode

Im going to check this out, sounds like a good time

Wes

More
05 Mar 2011 06:27 #14112 by Leonresevil2
Did get FarCry2 to patch, now runs LAN nokey and all. Tried to set up one with no net, and it starts but says it can't make, probably because it detected the lack of Ethernet cable or LAN. So it SHOULD run, if people are interested. Plus, it should LAN fine with Steam copies and all (for those that pick it up this weekend on sale ;) )

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
12 Mar 2011 22:23 #14251 by Big Ed
Replied by Big Ed on topic Re: v8.0 games
As much as I would really like to see some BFBC2, I'm predicting we'll have a difficult time getting everyone connected/playing online. That game does some wierd things when you try to LAN it on the interwebz.

We should really try to find some games that the vast majority of people have. Many of the LANs that I have been to in the past have really been lacking big multi-player gameplay. Honestly, 3v2 in TF2 is just not that much fun! I only used TF2 as an example because Zrigged and I drove all the way to Louisville KY for LANWar, and that was pretty much the extent of multiplayer gameplay. Sadly there was between 75 and 100 people in the room, but a lot of them were too busy playing single player games and looking at the pron. :woohoo:

I think it would be really cool to get massive game of old school Battlefield 1942 going. Battlefield 2 would also be fun. Another game that I will suggest is Crysis Wars. It's not that bad of a shooter, and (as long as their systems can handle it) everyone would be able to play.

More
12 Mar 2011 22:31 #14252 by patch
Replied by patch on topic Re: v8.0 games
well i agree with everyone on the BLOPS now that i have it. but then there is starcraft 2, MNC, CSS BEST GAME EVER, and right now thats all i got and can think of.

More
12 Mar 2011 22:59 #14253 by Wingless92
Monday Night Combat has LAN support, that is why I wrote my article on it. It's becoming harder and harder to find games with true LAN support.

COD4 is always a good one. Other than that I don't see any COD being played. To many people screw around on the net while at LAN's. Unless you have FAT PIPES like IU does it ain't gonna happen.

I agree on Crysis Wars, Great fun but most people system can't handle it. I know Linky and I have had some epic battles in the past.

TF2 is always fun cause there's LAN.

That game Crasher looks to be some fun when we figure it out, it has LAN.

Alien Swarm could be some fun, set a time limit and furthest team wins.

FarCry could also be alot of fun too.

Can't forget Lead And Gold, that has LAN and it's cheap!

Maybe some L4D action?

Not sure if Serious Sam has LAN but I love those games.

I agree on Battlefield 2, Looks like 3 people have it on Steam, I used to have it but I am getting it now for Steam.

The more LAN games we play the better. Also if people will not play WoW or other MMO games while at a LAN the better. I know that we don't have the FAT PIPES like we want to so we have make due with what we have.

Those are the games that I know that have LAN play off the top of my head and looking over my Steam list.

Monday Night Combat is the new LanOC crack. Loads of fun.

More
13 Mar 2011 00:30 #14254 by garfi3ld
I agree on most of the games you just listed skyler. We have done Crysis Wars in the past and I don't recall many if any of the people having issues with it. Its a lot more flexible than Crysis when it comes to playability on systems. Not to mention a lot more people have upgraded to better systems recently also.

Wes

More
13 Mar 2011 07:22 #14256 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic Re: v8.0 games
I play any and all games. Great at some crappy at others. But hey thats part of lanning, you can't win them all!

More
13 Mar 2011 18:09 #14258 by shocka
Replied by shocka on topic Re: v8.0 games
So has anyone else played the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo? I thought it was pretty fun and the game will be out before the LAN, not really sure if it will have LAN support tho. :( lol.

Xfire: bigdizzl3 | Steam: wwweeezzzyyy

More
13 Mar 2011 19:26 #14259 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Replied by L0rdG1gabyt3 on topic Re: v8.0 games

shocka wrote: So has anyone else played the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo? I thought it was pretty fun and the game will be out before the LAN, not really sure if it will have LAN support tho. :( lol.

Ive been playing that demo a bit. It is a blast!

I just picked up MNC last night. I can see it being a ton of fun at a lan.

More
13 Mar 2011 20:40 #14263 by Wingless92
I am going to be looking at Homefront and Crysis 2 in the coming weeks. Watch for gaming news this Wednesday for Homefront and Crysis 2 next Wednesday. For full reviews. Gonna try and beat both single player campaigns, this is gonna be rough.

More
14 Mar 2011 02:43 - 14 Mar 2011 02:43 #14265 by THUMPer
Replied by THUMPer on topic Re: v8.0 games
Homefront... Crysis 2 can lick ma balls
:sick:
Last edit: 14 Mar 2011 02:43 by THUMPer.

More
14 Mar 2011 02:53 #14266 by garfi3ld
other than MNC anyone have anything they would be interested in doing for tournaments? If it does not require internet its even better btw

Wes

More
14 Mar 2011 03:11 - 14 Mar 2011 03:13 #14267 by THUMPer
Replied by THUMPer on topic Re: v8.0 games
we could do a black ops nazi zombie tourney. 1 player tourney. or a 2 player team tourney. see who can get the furthest.
or a black ops gun game, or something easy like that.

Something that doesnt require internets....
UT2k3 instagib? lol
or even UT3 instagib.

both can be set up for LAN only play
Last edit: 14 Mar 2011 03:13 by THUMPer.

More
14 Mar 2011 04:11 #14270 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Re: v8.0 games
I'm down for an LoL tourny :P

It does require the interwebz though :unsure:

More
14 Mar 2011 05:03 #14272 by J_E_R_O_M_E
Replied by J_E_R_O_M_E on topic Re: v8.0 games
Just to throw them out there for people to see... LAN Games

FPS:
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty World at War
Unreal Tournament 2004
Unreal Tournament 3
Counter Strike Source
Quake 3 & 4
Halo 1 PC
Team Fortress 2

RTS:
Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3
Commend and Conquer Generals Zero Hour
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
Company of Heroes
Starcraft

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

More
14 Mar 2011 05:57 #14275 by Wingless92
Since everyone wants to play games that require internet it's Railworks for everyone, that or Farming Simulator.

More
14 Mar 2011 16:24 #14276 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Replied by L0rdG1gabyt3 on topic Re: v8.0 games
Did you know that all you need to play BF1942 is the install folder?

I think I have one of those laying around on my HDD somewhere! Its already patched, along with the DesertCombat mod.

Very interesting! I also remember it having excellent lan support.

More
14 Mar 2011 22:07 #14281 by Leonresevil2
I just watched the video for Shattered Horizon, since I was thinking of getting the frontier pack on steam... That game looks amazing, any word on gameplay?

I agree on LAN stuff. I'd try Crysis Wars again with my upgrade; thinking over getting Crysis 2 and the rest sometime. Decided to go with Homefront and get Metro free, so I'll try to post after midnight my thoughts.
Big Ed, we usually get 75-95% of people into a game, if possible with the player limit. No worries on that, you wouldn't be disappointed with the MP here.
Got Crasher, want to try it.
Serious Sam BFE is supposed to have 16 player co-op lol. May not be out in time however.

Think I mentioned earlier, but Audiosurf tournament. Wouldn't require internet either.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
14 Mar 2011 23:01 - 14 Mar 2011 23:01 #14282 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: v8.0 games

Leonresevil2 wrote: I just watched the video for Shattered Horizon, since I was thinking of getting the frontier pack on steam... That game looks amazing, any word on gameplay?

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Mar 2011 23:01 by Lersar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Koolaid84

We have 2388 guests and no members online

supportus