Bad Company 2 Server for LanOC 7.0

More
30 Aug 2010 04:02 #8653 by draymac
I would like to announce the donation of a dedicated Battlefield: Bad Company 2 server for LanOC 7.0!!

Server IP: 68.232.181.118:19567
Server Name: Attic Inc. Ohio Gamers

The server is live right now and currently has conquest maps loaded. There is 24 max players right now but will be bumped up to 32 for the lan. Look for a poll coming soon to see what game type you all want to play. We are thinking of maybe polling on the intranet site at the lan for on the fly changes.

I have the ability to make the server private but that would make it unranked, so that will have to be decided upon.

Some may read the server name and say WTF!?! Lol....
Myself, J_E_R_O_M_E, Gweg, Wooderson, and Patch are part of a group called Attic Inc. Basically a group friends that enjoy gaming...we have hosted CS:S and TF2 servers over the last few years. Our website is at www.atticinc.org . We are a small group with only those listed as real participating members. Our webmaster is currently on hiatus from gaming and overall communication, so we haven't fixed our new user issues for the site.

I plan on keeping the server after the lan for everyone to enjoy as well. We shall see how long but lets use it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2010 04:26 #8654 by Lersar
Sa-weet!

More
30 Aug 2010 04:38 #8657 by jj_Sky5000
very cool, i am excited!!!!!

More
30 Aug 2010 06:11 #8661 by Twodavez
How cool if we could get everyone at the LAN on one team talking via Vent, and just roll the PUG competition!
Thanks for the Server, i'll add it whenever i'm able to get on BC2. Also make sure everyone has everyone else on their friends list. It's always nice to know other people plus you can PM them in Steam to figure out what the Ping situation is. Sometimes the server list is misleading! :pinch:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
30 Aug 2010 17:10 - 30 Aug 2010 17:11 #8666 by J_E_R_O_M_E
Yeah we had been talking about it for a while and decided. Hey we love the game and know most of all you do too. So why not just have a server that can be for all of us to play on.

Obviously we will have people to fill the server during the LAN and hopefully with people then knowing more about will help to keep the traffic flowing through it.

If anyone ever wants to play just send me or one of the others a steam message and we'll hop on.

My in-game name is J_3_R_O_M_3 if you would like to add me as a friend.

My Steam ID is J_E_R_O_M_E

Thanks, and ENJOY!!

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3
Last edit: 30 Aug 2010 17:11 by J_E_R_O_M_E.

More
30 Aug 2010 20:35 #8672 by Dreyvas
I'd probably prefer having it private, if only for the LAN. It will be much easier to keep the teams balanced that way. But I'm down for whatever majority opinion dictates.

More
08 Sep 2010 03:04 #9048 by J_E_R_O_M_E
Just bumping this up if anybody may be interested in playing tonight. We are gonna try and get enough people on to get some descent play going. Bump this if interested.

My in-game name is J_3_R_O_M_3 if you would like to add me as a friend.

My Steam ID is J_E_R_O_M_E

More
08 Sep 2010 03:22 #9049 by J_E_R_O_M_E
Forgot to mention we plan on being on around 9 or so EST tonight

More
08 Sep 2010 05:28 #9050 by Nacelle
Boy that was fair. 2 on 1 and I had to make 100 kills to win. You guys only had to destroy the targets. Then rolling in with a tank to take the win, lame. I guess my infantry skills are too good.

More
08 Sep 2010 06:40 #9052 by J_E_R_O_M_E

Nacelle wrote: Boy that was fair. 2 on 1 and I had to make 100 kills to win. You guys only had to destroy the targets. Then rolling in with a tank to take the win, lame. I guess my infantry skills are too good.

HAHA sorry I didn't even know the other person on my team. I was just messing around. there was no scoring for lack of people. If we had a 4th there would have been haha. We'll get some real action come LAN time. SORRY!!

More
08 Sep 2010 18:26 #9060 by Bushwackr
:sick: Tried to find server today and did not see. I will check my version.

More
08 Sep 2010 20:03 #9062 by zrigged
Very cool. I'd probably be up for some gaming tonight if anyone's interested. My in-game is "zrigged", Steam is "zlctr6" (Z-L-C-T-R-6).

A lot of us from LanOHIO have been talking about getting some old-school BF2 going as well. Any interest in this at the lan? The last mega update from EA is sweet--makes the game a little more updated and refreshed for not only hardware (wide screen should have been there in 2006, but whatever), but the game as well, since it includes the DLC.

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up. HST

More
08 Sep 2010 20:06 #9063 by Nacelle
If you're thinking of doing BF2 at the lan, I'll get it installed real quick. If there's enough interest, I'll bring a server.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
08 Sep 2010 23:57 #9066 by cytog64
I hope to play some old school Battlefield 2.

More
08 Sep 2010 23:59 - 09 Sep 2010 00:02 #9067 by Twodavez

cytog64 wrote: I hope to play some old school Battlefield 2.

I used to have it, anyone have a copy i could install? I thought it was a game where you could install on multiple computers to play LAN... :huh:

I've always been a fan of the original 1942 & Desert combat. I might have a copy of that for anyone interested! :whistle:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
Last edit: 09 Sep 2010 00:02 by Twodavez.

More
09 Sep 2010 01:58 #9079 by Nacelle
I have a legit copy I can bring. It's on 3 CD's

More
13 Sep 2010 17:20 #9208 by J_E_R_O_M_E
I hope everyone enjoyed being able to all get together and play on one server. I definitely did. I know we had a few issues with ping at times. All-in-all went pretty good in my opinion. I hope all of you added it to favorites to keep enjoying the server.

I know the traffic isn't constant like some servers but hopefully enough know about the server now and will frequent it to get more of us together playing on a regular basis.

More
13 Sep 2010 18:53 #9212 by jj_Sky5000
I will add it and definalty will play more, i was too busy at the lan and for the past few weeks to game, i hope that will change when the snow flies.

We have 1831 guests and no members online

supportus