Borderlands 2 for $36, activates on Steam

More
13 Sep 2012 19:48 #27957 by Dreyvas
slickdeals.net/permadeal/79932/green-man...-pc-digital-download

Base game for $36, season pass for $22. Both activate on Steam. I am strongly considering picking this up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld, Wooderson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2012 23:08 #27958 by Wooderson
Thanks for the heads up on the deal!

I kill CPU's

More
14 Sep 2012 05:04 #27965 by Twodavez
This is the cheapest i've seen this game. Is this going to be the new way of marketing/selling a game. Make all the true fans pay full price for it a month ahead of time, then offer it practically half off to the slackers who wait till right before, and give them bonuses for their slacking???? Just seems a$$-backwards to me. :dry:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
14 Sep 2012 06:34 #27966 by Fildy

Twodavez wrote: This is the cheapest i've seen this game. Is this going to be the new way of marketing/selling a game. Make all the true fans pay full price for it a month ahead of time, then offer it practically half off to the slackers who wait till right before, and give them bonuses for their slacking???? Just seems a$$-backwards to me. :dry:

Borderlands 2 has been listed on GMG for $50 at most since it was added to their store. There have been sales ranging from 30%-20% off of any game in the store for quiet some time. Newegg even had $12 off any game over $49.99 for the longest time. I am confused as to what part of having a sale on games (or anything for that matter)is ass-backwards? Shit, Steam iteself even had the game as low as $45 a copy in a 4pack, this was a special deal for the "true fans" as it was only for a limited time when it was first listed on steam, and it was only for those who owned the first Borderlands.

As far as the marketing strategy itself, it's just Green Man Gaming. They almost always have the best deals on games, almost any game is 20% off if you preorder it through them. They also run promotions from time to time, and almost anything they sell digitally that is listed on steam, activates on steam. With their great prices comes some sacrifice obviously. They sometimes run out of keys or have issue with the distribution process on big name titles, but its a price I am willing to pay to get a game as you said, almost half off. They are a great company and are doing a great thing, I don't see why anyone would be upset to see good deals on games.

I'm a bear, put your head in my mouth.

I cry at night

More
14 Sep 2012 16:12 #27968 by Twodavez
I'm not upset, i'm just wondering what kind of message it's sending to people. To me, you want people to prepay for the game to make lots of money ASAP so that it can be invested into other games. But they way they keep allowing their vendors to mark the price of the game down, just tells people they need to wait till the day it comes out, so what's the point of pre-sales if it's going to be cheaper when it comes out.
Green man gaming has to get permission from the borderlands people to offer that prices, they can't just buy the game for $25 and sell it for whatever they want.
Again i'm not upset, I just don't understand the marketing strategy that allows slackers to get the better deal than the supposid responsible people who bought the game the day it became available to buy.
Horay for lower prices, but sorry if you bought it earlier because youre a fanboy, you do'nt get all the extra stuff. Just seems to snub those fanboys and reward the casual gamers...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
14 Sep 2012 19:02 #27969 by renegade
Actually Greenman can sell it for what ever they want over what they paid for the license. They can do this because they are selling just licenses no box, manual, dvd etc like all the brink and mortar places. I can order in games and sell for 1.00 over what I paid if I wanted but I dont move enough to do that. Greenman moves such volume they can get away with only making a couple bucks a copy. Green man is to software mail order like newegg is to hardware. Since both are net only no local stoes etc they can sell for stupid low prices and still make money on the sheer volume they sell.

I also suspect that green man secures alot of the Nvidia / AMD game codes that are stupid cheap to buy if your an OEM, and they manage the low prices this way. I also suspect they do a fair amount of lost leaders to get people to the site for an AAA game then those people see the other games really low an buy also an they make money on those.

More
14 Sep 2012 21:07 #27973 by Dreyvas
HOW DARE THEY CHARGE LESS THAN $59.99? I HERD THEY DIDN'T EVEN OFFER PREORDER BONUSES

We have 1844 guests and no members online

supportus