WTB - USB Network card or wireless card for Laptop

More
14 Jun 2011 05:11 #16163 by Twodavez
So i found an old (i mean old) laptop at my in-laws over the weekend and would like to get it up and running. I already wiped it and installed windows XP i had laying around which is what it had on it.
Anyway, i CAN NOT get the network card to work. I've installed all the drivers from Lenovo's site and they all aren't activating the network card.
It's a IBM Thinkpad R51 - 2888
www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-55029.html

I was able to get the USB Working, so i'm thinking it might be easier to just get a USB network card, as we'll want it to be wireless through-out the house and i don't think it has wireless on it now...
Here's what the manufacturer wants me to buy: www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/docu...o?lndocid=MIGR-51855

Thanks for any and all help you can offer.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2011 05:40 #16164 by Nacelle
If you're going to buy a USB adapter, get one with N. No sense in buying old tech. I paid $20 for an itty bitty one for my netbook. Though it's small size hinders it's reception.

More
14 Jun 2011 05:46 #16165 by Dreyvas
Yeah, I think it was $10 or $15 for a USB wireless N adapter on Newegg last time I got one.

We have 1746 guests and no members online

supportus