Im getting tired of being banned

More
27 Jul 2010 19:14 #7604 by garfi3ld
During our case mod contest we have been banned multiple times by other sites for posting up letting people know about our contest. I guess I am used to the LAN community. We have always supported contests from other websites. Adam and I have been banned and even IP banned. I just want to give free stuff away :(

This kind of stuff really makes me reconsider doing this kind of contest in the future

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2010 21:46 #7615 by NitrosDragon
ALL CAPS SAD FACE!

DX

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
27 Jul 2010 22:02 #7620 by Nacelle
How else do you advertise if not in forums? Have you asked some of the sponsors to post a link on their respective sites?

More
27 Jul 2010 23:35 #7625 by garfi3ld
Well the best way is to have people who are active on the forums to post it up.

Wes

More
28 Jul 2010 04:25 #7633 by jj_Sky5000
i find out about most of mod contest via the forums, also for future reference. the modding community like to build things for the contest so haveing a longer time period would get more help in posting more mods.

More
28 Jul 2010 11:20 #7637 by garfi3ld
If I make it to long the prizes will be out of date lol

Wes

More
28 Jul 2010 11:20 #7638 by garfi3ld
Do you guys think I should extend the entry period?

Wes

More
28 Jul 2010 11:28 #7639 by Nacelle
I thought the entry period was kind of short, but I figured it was your baby and knew what you wanted to get out of it.

More
28 Jul 2010 12:28 #7642 by Twodavez
When i heard of it, i thought about and have started getting the stuff needed to do the mod i've wanted to for a while, but i don't think i'll meet the current deadline.
I'm no way a modder, but i'd think that if it's your hobby (like JJ for example) you've always going something in the fire ready to finish and enter since there really isn't a modding season, and contests are going on all year long. It's just luck of the draw to which contest you can enter with you're current project.
For us novice modders, i wouldn't just done something for this contest, but since the time frame was so tight, i just set my sites on v7.0 to have my project done...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

We have 1951 guests and no members online

supportus