Big Butter Jesus is Gone

More
15 Jun 2010 14:20 #6595 by drpain
The only good thing about Ohio was this hilariously large statue for a Chruch that sat right outside of Cini on 75, promptly named Big Butter Jesus or Touchdown Jesus.

news.cincinnati.com/article/20100615/NEW...troyed-by-act-of-God

He was struck but lightning last night which ignited him in some massive flames and he burnt to the ground leaving only his 6-story tall wire frame. Supposedly the county is wanting to rebuild Big Butter Jesus since it was quite a sight if you have never seen him.

In memory of Big Butter Jesus I present you a song by Heywood Banks.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2010 14:44 #6596 by technobear
*holds up a stick of butter in eulogy*

More
15 Jun 2010 16:09 #6599 by NitrosDragon
I'll miss you, Touchdown Jesus!

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
15 Jun 2010 16:28 #6600 by garfi3ld
I wish I could have seen this, im sure watching a HUGE jesus burn is one of those things you may never seen in life lol

Wes

More
15 Jun 2010 16:30 #6601 by garfi3ld

Wes

More
15 Jun 2010 17:21 #6603 by Twodavez
NitrosDragon wrote:

I'll miss you, Touchdown Jesus!

For the record: It wasn't "Touchdown Jesus"... Touchdown Jesus is the one past the end zone at Notre Dame university in South Bend Indiana. Touchdown Jesus is actually a huge stained glass window which means an entire building would've burnt down.

The only reason i point this out is because i overheard someone talking about Touchdown Jesus, and thought something happened at the University instead of the one in OH...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
15 Jun 2010 17:38 #6605 by garfi3ld

More
15 Jun 2010 18:15 #6606 by Twodavez
Hmm. I guess geography could play a big part too. I know where were several people who thought of the Notre Dame Jesus before thinking about the Ohio one...
And would the County paying to re-build it be a conflict to the division between church & state? :unsure:
You would think the church would have insurance to cover such a large structure that's part of their church and their outward symbol to the world...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
15 Jun 2010 18:40 #6608 by garfi3ld
wow i didnt catch that part, the church should be responsible for insurance like anyone else would be... Not to mention, its not like they have to pay taxes on it

Wes

More
15 Jun 2010 22:06 #6617 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:Big Butter Jesus is Gone
Yeah, I've never even heard this referred to as Big Butter Jesus. I always heard Touchdown Jesus. Bummer, though.

More
16 Jun 2010 01:21 #6626 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re:Big Butter Jesus is Gone
Dreyvas wrote:

Yeah, I've never even heard this referred to as Big Butter Jesus. I always heard Touchdown Jesus. Bummer, though.

Most people probably don't if they don't listen to Bob and Tom or have ever heard of the comedian Heywood Banks.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

We have 1753 guests and no members online

supportus