FIFA World Cup

More
11 Jun 2010 17:15 #6527 by Twodavez
FIFA World Cup was created by Twodavez
So, any Soccer fans out there? While i don't typlically get into the sport, i'm willing to sit down tomorrow at 1:30 EST and watch team USA play in the largest sporting event in the world! Maybe you should too!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2010 17:29 #6532 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Re:FIFA World Cup
It's always been my dream to watch Canada play footie on the world stage but alas there is one thing stopping us. Ummm we kinda suck. Canada hasn't qualified for the world cup during my lifetime. I do enjoy soccer tho so normally my alegence falls to the commonwealth and I root for England. I would support Scotland as my ancesteral homeland but they suffer from the same afliction as the Canadian team. Symptoms included 0 goals and pure suckitude.

GO England GO!

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

More
11 Jun 2010 17:36 #6537 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:FIFA World Cup
Of course you'd have to root for the team US gets in the 1st round :angry:

J/K, i'm sure you've been rooting and following england longer than i have for my own home country. :S

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
11 Jun 2010 17:39 #6538 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Re:FIFA World Cup
lolz I thought all Americans hated soccer due it prevalence for draws and no contact.

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

More
11 Jun 2010 19:04 #6541 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:FIFA World Cup
Tim wrote:

lolz I thought all Americans hated soccer due it prevalence for draws and no contact.

Draws are kinda a bummer, and that would explain why tennis is so boring (unless the girl is good looking)...
Good insight ;)

More
11 Jun 2010 20:41 #6542 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re:FIFA World Cup
This year I have actually watched 2 full games which is the most I have ever seen in my entire lifetime and so far I'm enjoying it as a sports fan in general but don't really have an clue on the rules so I just keep thinking hockey rules and it seems to be getting me by.

The draws are kind of lame I guess since there really isn't a winner and for having a grand tournament like the World Cup you would think it would be a win or loose situation instead of ties.

Don't have a particular team that I'm rooting for not even the US but I have just been watching the games and kind of just soaking it all in. I did root for Mexico in the opener since I love visiting Mexico for vacation.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

We have 2641 guests and one member online

supportus