Apple passes Microsoft

More
27 May 2010 12:40 #6231 by drpain
Apple has passed Microsoft as the world's Tech leader on Wednesday with a market cap of 241.5 billion versus Microsoft's 239.5 Billion according to a Standard and Poor's analyst Howard Silverblatt

"Market cap is a measure of the total value of all the outstanding shares of a company, and it’s a proxy for what investors think the company is worth, taking into account future earnings and future growth. As such, it’s a measure of expectations, not reality: Apple’s annual revenue was $42.9 billion in the most recent fiscal year, versus Microsoft’s $58.4 billion. Both look puny next to Exxon Mobil’s $301.5 billion in annual revenue."

Of course the market fluctuates depending on the stock prices and investors buying on speculation so Apple being the Kin of Tech might be short lived. Still pretty interesting since for awhile most "experts" have been passing Apple off as a leader in the Tech world.

www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/05/apple-passes-microsoft/

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2010 05:13 #6247 by NitrosDragon
I'd like to make note that Apple also has significant strength in the portable media and cellular device market, whereas Microsoft...well, not so much.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
28 May 2010 12:01 #6250 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re:Apple passes Microsoft
True that, I always hear about people buying Zune's but have yet to actually see a person walking around with one in hand.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
28 May 2010 12:06 #6252 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:Apple passes Microsoft
Did you hear that now since Apple is so big, they are suddenly going to start investigating them. It's like when a company gets big, the government tries to keep them down.
Supposidly there is some issues with record companies being told by apple that they couldn't offer their music through other online retailers if they were going to use itunes... Isn't this what Walmart already does with certian album releases?
Glad they are moving on from the oil still and working on something that really matters. Investigating a company growing due to offering a quality product. you better watch out Wes, If LAN OC starts growing, it might be investigated! :angry:
I say congrats to Apple, they've worked hard to carve out what they have and should be able to throw their weight around. Were was all this publicitiy back when they were nearly written off as a computer company??

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

We have 1780 guests and no members online

supportus