MPAA is going after US Military on Piracy

More
18 May 2010 13:57 #5964 by drpain
torrentfreak.com/mpaa-worries-about-pira...iers-in-iraq-100515/

For the lazy here is a quick summary of the article:

The MPAA is basically trying to get the US Military in Iraq to ban soldier from buying pirated DVD's in Iraqi shops saying they are infringing on their copyrights which is true to an extent.

The US Military sent them a letter back saying they can't ban soldier from entering Iraqi owned property to purchase goods that are sold in their stores and that they can't don anything about the pirated DVD's since that again falls under Iraqi law where the MPAA so no say in their business. The military also stated that the soldiers are buying the movies because the MPAA has failed on numerous occasions supply the Military with movies and even having theaters setup for the soldiers to watch on base.

This just looks bad on the MPAA's part I mean the Military is basically asking for the MPAA to help them out showing there is a demand of movies to be shown on base but of course they don't seem to understand this and still want to go after the soldiers to get their cut even though they are in Iraq under Iraqi law when it comes to purchased goods. I think the MPAA either needs to offer the USO some sort of contract or whatever for the military to show these or to just be quite and cut them some slack.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2010 14:11 #5965 by technobear
drpain wrote:

For the lazy here is a quick summary of the article:

lol you clearly understand who youre dealing with..

More
18 May 2010 19:00 #5966 by Tiffany
The MPAA will never win this. lol

More
19 May 2010 00:31 #5975 by NitrosDragon
Boo! MPAA! Boo! :angry:

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

We have 1884 guests and no members online

supportus