Gamer ID's

More
29 Apr 2010 18:27 #5072 by Davey_Boy
Gamer ID's was created by Davey_Boy
I figured I'd start this thread since I've been getting quite curious as to how people came about with their Gamer ID names.

I would like to hear how you all came up with them. If it be random or with a good story behind it. I know I've heard Twodavez, but if he wishes to share it yet again then be my guest ;)

I think I'll let you all in on how I came up with mine. (considering Wingless likes to say that I'm a killer of stars :P)

I was and still am a big fan of the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic games. They were my first RPG games and I LOVED THEM!!! During the game, there's a side quest like thing where you can become a mercenary to make some extra cash. Now, mind you, this does give you dark side points. aka. making you a bad man ;)
Well, there's a Mandalorian mercenary named Starkiller. And it's made known that he's the biggest, baddest, most kickass merc around. And if my memory hasn't failed me. I end up killing him to score some major light side points ;)
So, I decided to keep the name, caring on the title of the biggest, baddest, most kickass merc around ;) (since I like playing assassin-type characters in most games, whether it be long range or close range. The name just felt right ;))

nooooooow GO!!! Share you stories people!!! :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2010 18:34 #5074 by technobear
Replied by technobear on topic Re:Gamer ID's
im big, hairy, geeky, prone to growling, and some say yes.. even cuddly...

technobear

More
29 Apr 2010 18:40 - 29 Apr 2010 18:46 #5077 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re:Gamer ID's
Well, Mine kinda came from how I build Characters and personality traits (I guess) I usually build my character to be this big heavy melee fighter with as much armor as I can get and a lot of times I either go with a sword and a bigass shield or a two handed hammer (fan of hammers... not sure why.) but I also like the personality aspect of it. My guy wasn't the berserker type, more a a reserved warrior, kinda dark, a little "evil" some would say. but the name really struck when I was younger I didn't know what Shroud ment untill I found the verb usage of it "to veil, as in obscurity or mystery" and I thought it worked and started useing it.Also what was kind of an insperation (mind you I was allready useing Shroud by this point) was the Black knight off of fire emblem: path of radiance. My original username was Taran from a book called "the book of three". so there we go.
Last edit: 29 Apr 2010 18:46 by Shroud.

More
29 Apr 2010 18:44 #5079 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:Gamer ID's
Back in the old days, like Final Fantasy Legends type old, in an RPG like that you could use a name randomizer for your characters. I found one online, ran it, and this is what came up. And I saw that it was good. :D

More
29 Apr 2010 20:21 #5099 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:Gamer ID's
My name Twodavez came from my friend David's (daveyo) little brother (Veind). Daveyo's dad is also David, so when I would go over to hang out at his house, his little brother would have a hard time figuring how there were so many Dave's. He came to the conclusion that there was “Brother Dave”, “Daddy Dave”, but there was still me, Dave. He figured out that there were three Daves and I was #2 making me twodavez and the name stuck. That's what I was known as at their house and even my mom would call down to tell me dinner was ready, she would ask for twodavez to avoid the confusion of who was calling as we didn't have cell phones back then. So I’m not really two people, but that's where the name comes from...

I have always had Dollar sign as my avatar because I work at a bank and I like to think of myself as a money man! Thought about changing my ID to Mr. Green, but with the weed implementations and the chances of it being as available as twodavez, I decided against it. Plus how hard would it to be to explain to everyone online that you play with in TF2 that you used to be someone and they should uber you because you’re good? :cheer:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
30 Apr 2010 01:53 #5109 by NitrosDragon
Replied by NitrosDragon on topic Re:Gamer ID's
[Describing characteristic] + [Noun] = [Generic handle]

Now if we put my spin on this simple equation...

[Favorite Chemical Compound] + [Favorite Animal] = [Kick-ass handle]

N2O + Dragon = NitrosDragon

Boosh! :woohoo:

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
02 May 2010 04:21 #5235 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:Gamer ID's
Bump
I know there are more than 6 people who have gamer id's!
I wanna know how the Lazy Cat got into Wes, and why Skyler things his wings are gone. Also why the heck is James 5000?
LOL :P

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
02 May 2010 05:08 #5239 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re:Gamer ID's
Garfi3ld

to keep it simple, im fat, lazy, and a smartass. I also have the redish hair. One of the guys at work started calling me Garf around the same time I decided to change my username away from my old name Badz24 that was based on a car I didn't own anymore.

Wes

More
02 May 2010 05:10 #5241 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Re:Gamer ID's
garfi3ld wrote:

Garfi3ld

to keep it simple, im fat, lazy, and a smartass. I also have the redish hair. One of the guys at work started calling me Garf around the same time I decided to change my username away from my old name Badz24 that was based on a car I didn't own anymore.

So the 3 in the name Garfi3ld is the "smartass" part of ya eh? ;)

More
02 May 2010 05:28 #5242 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re:Gamer ID's
oh the 3 is just because I didn't want to use the same spelling as the other fat cat

Wes

More
02 May 2010 06:01 #5243 by orref
Replied by orref on topic Re:Gamer ID's
My current handle is "ferro" backwards. I got the name from chemistry and ferrous metals(iron). I used the name once or twice at some LAN's and it just stuck.

More
02 May 2010 11:36 #5246 by MurDerFace
Replied by MurDerFace on topic Re:Gamer ID's
the 3 just makes u twice as sexy thats wat it really is

Werd up home slice

More
02 May 2010 14:10 #5252 by technobear
I think i figured out atomiknutsak's nick

AtomiK ( take note of the K)
nuclear but hes european, either german or russian going by the K

Nut
A nut is a type of hardware fastener with a threaded hole.

Sak ( again with the K )
a container

So i think his name means that he is a german nazi nuclear mechanic specializing in transportation of the nuts used to hold together secret nuclear subs. :D

More
04 May 2010 20:01 #5421 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re:Gamer ID's
^^^^^^what?!?!

File Attachment:

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
04 May 2010 20:26 #5422 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:Gamer ID's
technobear wrote:

I think i figured out atomiknutsak's nick

AtomiK ( take note of the K)
nuclear but hes european, either german or russian going by the K

Nut
A nut is a type of hardware fastener with a threaded hole.

Sak ( again with the K )
a container

So i think his name means that he is a german nazi nuclear mechanic specializing in transportation of the nuts used to hold together secret nuclear subs. :D

No, he's a kontestant in Mortal Kombat.

More
04 May 2010 20:28 #5423 by technobear
Dreyvas wrote:

No, he's a kontestant in Mortal Kombat.

Hmm maybe hes Both..and Konfused?!

hehehe

We have 1603 guests and one member online

supportus