Dating Girl Gamers

More
23 Apr 2010 14:39 #4503 by technobear
www.planetxbox360.com/article_10362/Ten_...ot_Date_a_Girl_Gamer

Ok guys.. chime in..

is it really this bad?

The girl im dating is a console gamer, however she only seems to be a bit of a controller hog. Though never that bad. And i never have to buy her games too..

Nightmare stories are welcome heheh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2010 14:54 #4504 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Re:Dating Girl Gamers
I've never dated a gamer girl before but why don't you ask Tiffany and Lost_Variable how their relationship is going? haha ;)

More
23 Apr 2010 15:15 #4508 by Tiffany
Replied by Tiffany on topic Re:Dating Girl Gamers
ok.. going down their list...

NUMBER ONE... shes not really a "girl gamer" if she doesn't have her own machine. lost_variable and I have our own machines in the same room so we can enjoy playing our games together... no need for "taking turns" nor "split screen action" (console games are gay anyways).

NUMBER TWO... lost_variable and I have found that we almost don't enjoy gaming as much if the other is not online playing as well. If we are both playing we can play all night normally if one of us isn't on, we will stop early because we will get bored without the other... so gaming isn't just a "man" thing to him.

NUMBER THREE... lost_variable does not buy my games for me... because if he would buy my games for me then we have come up with the conclusion that he can then tell me how to play.. and I wont be having that :P

NUMBER FOUR... there is no need in backseat gaming in mine and lost_variables relationship.. because we are both so good, we make no mistakes ;)

NUMBER FIVE... there will not be a "gamer wedding" thats just weird lol

NUMBER SIX... the only thing we argue about from time to time is who is better.. but we have come to the conclusion that we are the same.. except I'm the master in search and destroy.. and he is in TDM (he gets to his killstreaks a lot easier than I get to mine)

Therefore... you just have to find the right "gamer girl" one that actually owns her own machine... and that can keep up with you... then you won't have any problems... :)

More
23 Apr 2010 15:18 #4509 by technobear
Replied by technobear on topic Re:Dating Girl Gamers
well said!

More
23 Apr 2010 17:47 #4528 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:Dating Girl Gamers
My wife won't even play WoW with me, so draw your own conclusions.

... :(

More
23 Apr 2010 17:50 #4530 by lost_variable
Replied by lost_variable on topic Re:Dating Girl Gamers
Continuing on with Tiffany's count up:

NUMBER SEVEN... We only stick usually with mw2 or BC2 so buying new games it really out of the question. She claimed that she would never play bc2 but since I started playing it she wanted to try it out. She fell in love with the medic class and rest is history...

NUMBER EIGHT... Well we consider the "mancave" our basement and the computers are in our room. It is always nice when you are gaming having someone in on your side and a teammate you can always rely so forget my gaming alone time. Like Tiffany said, it just feels weird playing without them so when she is not there playing I usually play 3 rounds and get out because I am bored.

NUMBER NINE... Well we DO NOT play on the console so their is no need for split-screen. We both have own own computer...

NUMBER TEN... Once again since we have our own PC we do not have to share. Their was a period though when we only have one PC and we had to share. I didn't mind taking turns and she actually enjoyed watching me as well...

On my final note. I am glad I have a gamer girlfriend because we can talk about games and different techniques we use on different maps/game types. I know that I have learned a lot from her and she the same. Also it is nice going home and just gaming all night and knowing that she is having just as much fun as I am having. She is my mw2 medic so it is very nice to know that someone is always their waiting to revive me. Glad she is on my team I don't want to lose her!!! :)

More
23 Apr 2010 17:52 #4532 by Tiffany
Replied by Tiffany on topic Re:Dating Girl Gamers
awww :blush:

More
23 Apr 2010 18:38 #4544 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:Dating Girl Gamers
Dreyvas wrote:

At least she lets you play WOW. My wife told me if i started playing again she'd leave me.
I love my wife and couldn't imagine being with anyone else, but i do wish the understood the pull i feel about gaming. The only game i can get her to play or more than an hour is the Sims 3 which she bought herself the day it came out. I actually had to upgrade her PC A little so she could take full advantage of the game (more RAM and non-onboard video card), but besides that she watches TV shows, or plays the free trials of Big Fish games on her PC while i try to sneak in a round of BC2 or TF2. About the only time i get un-nagged PC time is if i stay up late during the weekends after she and my daughter go to bed.
Hold on to your Gamer girls guys. They are few and far between...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
23 Apr 2010 18:53 #4548 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re:Dating Girl Gamers
Yea, it seems like this is just a load, just an attempt to make a parody. Kinda sounds like the article author wouldn't be good at a relationship, let alone a relationship with a gamer girl. You do have to give and take for a relationship to work, so you may have some arguments, and lack "alone time", but that can be dealt with. Plus, why would you want that much alone time when gaming? Gaming tends to be a social affair, and multiplayer is usually beneficial. Maybe the occasional RPG that you just want to play yourself, but your girlfriend CAN leave from time to time to do what she wants, she's not attached at your hip. Just a weak article trying to be a parody, and really reaching for negative points. To author, less QQ. :)

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
23 Apr 2010 21:50 #4623 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re:Dating Girl Gamers
Dreyvas wrote:

Weird I have played TF2 with your wife

I love my Gamer Wife... And atleast two PC's is a requirement!

Wes

More
23 Apr 2010 21:54 #4625 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:Dating Girl Gamers
Yeah, she'll hop on TF2 occasionally. I guess she just doesn't think she has enough time to put into WoW. Maybe I'll see if I can get her to play TF2 again tonight. :D

More
23 Apr 2010 21:58 #4627 by garfi3ld
haha well WoW will suck the life out of just about anyone. I don't blame her lol

Wes

More
24 Apr 2010 20:26 #4726 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re:Dating Girl Gamers
Wow, I was just able to get my wife to play L4D2 with us. She never plays games. We never made it all the way through the Carnival level, but we had fun.

More
25 Apr 2010 01:37 #4730 by garfi3ld
Nacelle wrote:

but we had fun.

thats what its all about anyhow

Wes

More
25 Apr 2010 23:50 #4808 by Koolaid84
Replied by Koolaid84 on topic Re:Dating Girl Gamers
i would like to point out that this writer says in the first paragraph "this is a parody" :D <3 you guys/gals lol

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon

More
25 Apr 2010 23:51 #4810 by technobear
Got y'all talkin didnt it?

More
25 Apr 2010 23:54 #4814 by Koolaid84
good point, someone out there is thinking "man i need to go get a new gf" lol

More
25 Apr 2010 23:57 #4820 by technobear
o.0 ? youre on a gaming site.. a good portion of the people here are probably thinking " i need a girlfriend " much less a new one lol

More
26 Apr 2010 00:16 #4835 by Koolaid84
lol i feel bad for laughing but its so funny

More
26 Apr 2010 00:20 #4839 by technobear
*gasp!* mocking the unattached masses?!

More
26 Apr 2010 00:41 #4846 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re:Dating Girl Gamers
lol "I could use a real girlfriend"

But seriously, I could use detachment from my wishy-washy ex, and a new girl to date. Yet again, maybe not yet. I have things to get done first.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
26 Apr 2010 03:39 #4854 by Davey_Boy
Leonresevil2 wrote:

lol "I could use a real girlfriend"

But seriously, I could use detachment from my wishy-washy ex, and a new girl to date. Yet again, maybe not yet. I have things to get done first.

They're not always worth it lol Always better to put yourself first ;)
Do what'cha gotta do to feel like you accomplished something before you date...that's my motto...cause when you date a girl...it's hard to do whatever you want :P

I don't care if she is a gamer girl ;)

More
26 Apr 2010 22:21 #4920 by Koolaid84
starkiller1 wrote:

that's my motto...cause when you date a girl...it's hard to do whatever you want :P

hard to do what you want? well that could be taken in so many ways but Garfi3ld does what he wants :P also i spot a bad boner joke lol :)

More
27 Apr 2010 04:57 #4939 by Davey_Boy
Koolaid84 wrote:

starkiller1 wrote:

that's my motto...cause when you date a girl...it's hard to do whatever you want :P

hard to do what you want? well that could be taken in so many ways but Garfi3ld does what he wants :P also i spot a bad boner joke lol :)

lawl...depends on the girl I guess ;)

More
28 Apr 2010 18:43 - 28 Apr 2010 18:43 #4990 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re:Dating Girl Gamers
My motto is "Girls are dumb" they have a brain 1/3 smaller then ours, it's science!

By the way, incase their are any femi-nazies out there. I am kidding.... or am I? :side:
Last edit: 28 Apr 2010 18:43 by Shroud.

More
28 Apr 2010 20:46 #4995 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:Dating Girl Gamers
Shroud wrote:

My motto is "Girls are dumb" they have a brain 1/3 smaller then ours, it's science!

By the way, incase their are any femi-nazies out there. I am kidding.... or am I? :side:

*steps waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay away from Shroud*

More
28 Apr 2010 20:54 #4996 by technobear
*hides behind the server so that when Tiffany blows shroud up he doesnt get any splatter on him*

More
28 Apr 2010 21:13 #4999 by Koolaid84
i lawl'ed :D

More
29 Apr 2010 00:12 #5003 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re:Dating Girl Gamers
hahaha, I had to say it. A guy who lived in my dorm said that, he is a chemistry ed. major, so he knows his science.

More
29 Apr 2010 03:54 #5016 by Davey_Boy
Quote from Erik Johnson: "It's Science...you can't argue against science!!" lawl :P

We have 1464 guests and one member online

supportus