KICKASS.. the movie.

More
20 Apr 2010 07:56 #4079 by Tiffany
KICKASS.. the movie. was created by Tiffany
Has anyone else gone to see it yet?

....I'll have to say, it deff WASN'T what I expected it to be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2010 13:11 #4099 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:KICKASS.. the movie.
It looks pretty dumb to me. Maybe if I was drunk I’d laugh, but lately these types of movies just seem to draw people in with the actors not the story line. But it could be my old age coming in and the supposed wisdom that accompanies it ;)
I went to see superbad and was laughing so hard at the end I was crying, but then I saw it sober and didn’t laugh at all…

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
20 Apr 2010 15:34 #4115 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:KICKASS.. the movie.
I'd have to agree with you, it doesn't really look like something I'd be interested in. From the trailers, it looks like a "movie" movie (Scary Movie, etc.) and I just really don't get into those.

More
20 Apr 2010 16:54 - 20 Apr 2010 16:54 #4123 by Tiffany
Replied by Tiffany on topic Re:KICKASS.. the movie.
well I wanted to go see it because I have a crush on Christopher Mintz-Plasse ....I thought it was just going to be a funny movie.. like role models or superbad.....

well no, the previews lies... it was VERY gory blood everywhere and chopped off limbs and guns and knives and bazookas... don't get me wrong... there were a few funny parts... but jeesh. it deff wasn't what I expected.... kind of more like a serious movie.
Last edit: 20 Apr 2010 16:54 by Tiffany.

More
20 Apr 2010 16:56 #4125 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:KICKASS.. the movie.
Oh sweet, maybe I'll actually go check it out, then.

More
20 Apr 2010 19:12 #4145 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re:KICKASS.. the movie.
Tiffany wrote:

well I wanted to go see it because I have a crush on Christopher Mintz-Plasse ....I thought it was just going to be a funny movie.. like role models or superbad.....

well no, the previews lies... it was VERY gory blood everywhere and chopped off limbs and guns and knives and bazookas... don't get me wrong... there were a few funny parts... but jeesh. it deff wasn't what I expected.... kind of more like a serious movie.

sounds like just another day to me.

More
23 Apr 2010 02:20 #4414 by Leonresevil2
Lol wow. I thought it was a Disney movie. But now more people are probably interested in it.

On a side note, I'm replying late because I have about 3 pages of new topics yet to read. It's crazy how much conversation goes on when there's a point prize at stake. ;)

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
23 Apr 2010 02:22 #4415 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re:KICKASS.. the movie.
Leonresevil2 wrote:

Lol wow. I thought it was a Disney movie. But now more people are probably interested in it.

On a side note, I'm replying late because I have about 3 pages of new topics yet to read. It's crazy how much conversation goes on when there's a point prize at stake. ;)

much needed forum activity lol (atleast most of it)

Wes

More
23 Apr 2010 04:05 #4458 by Leonresevil2
garfi3ld wrote:

Leonresevil2 wrote:

much needed forum activity lol (atleast most of it)

I do have to take a wee bit of issue with it, as most of the posting seems to be going into Off Topic. Yea, we are getting more visitors and posts, but I doubt new users will be signing up to read Off Topic posts, and it's just kinda random. Can't say I'm holier than thou (I've been posting when I feel my statements are relevant to some degree), but put bluntly, this is a Lan site, not YouTube, nor a news forum. Trying to read all these new posts is a futile uphill battle.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
23 Apr 2010 04:13 #4459 by garfi3ld
you don't have to read each forum, this and most of the other stuff is posted in the off topic forum. The truth is if the only thing talked about on here was Lans people would never come to the website or lans. Having a community means all kinds of discussion.

Wes

More
23 Apr 2010 04:32 #4464 by Leonresevil2
I suppose so. I just thought that there would be some more critical thinking and constructive discussion on the LAN and community and such. I thought it would be more thought and effort to earn the points, rather than just getting them. Of course, I'm a completionist and perfectionist. Also why I try to read every post. Wish there was an achievement for that. Er, points for that? Even just 1 would earn my love. lol

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
23 Apr 2010 04:35 #4465 by garfi3ld
i did add some secret points available in a few different ways. Im curious to see if anyone can find some of them.

Wes

More
23 Apr 2010 04:46 - 23 Apr 2010 04:46 #4469 by Leonresevil2
Karma values? Having certain words in your posts? Suffering through dial-up? Being awesome?

Being nekkid girl? :laugh:

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2010 04:46 by Leonresevil2.

More
23 Apr 2010 04:46 #4470 by garfi3ld
nope, much simpler than that

Wes

More
23 Apr 2010 04:48 #4471 by Leonresevil2
Do you know that anyone has done it/them yet? Or has no one accidentally discovered these secrets yet?

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
23 Apr 2010 05:12 #4480 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re:KICKASS.. the movie.
I'm not trying to win, I'm just going as normal... I'm with you on the pointless posts (I do like some pointless posts) but some of these are posts for point sake. People have gone mad with the pointzez! Secret point.... IN MY POCKET!!

More
23 Apr 2010 05:21 #4482 by Leonresevil2
Shroud wrote:

I'm not trying to win, I'm just going as normal... I'm with you on the pointless posts (I do like some pointless posts) but some of these are posts for point sake. People have gone mad with the pointzez! Secret point.... IN MY POCKET!!

Good to hear. At least the points aren't pointless achievements; there is a reasonable goal for everyone. I probably have said some pointless stuff (even today), and I enjoy some pointlessness. But as you said, some of it is going to extreme. Competition gets to people. I'll admit, I'm trying a bit above normal, not replying to every little thing (although it may seem like it, from the sidebar), just conversating. But I like to win. Thrustmaster and Ms.Pac Man gave me a taste of it, and I want MOAR! :laugh:

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

We have 1779 guests and no members online

supportus