So many people on the forums today

More
06 Apr 2010 01:44 #3376 by garfi3ld
but not as many posts

what does everyone want to talk about?

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2010 12:08 #3384 by Twodavez
From what i'm seeing, everyone just wants to trash talk the new people until they are able to prove themselves at the LAN :P

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
06 Apr 2010 13:18 #3385 by garfi3ld
lmao

it looked to me like the new people were talking just as much back lol

Wes

More
06 Apr 2010 14:54 #3386 by Tiffany
garfi3ld wrote:

lmao

it looked to me like the new people were talking just as much back lol

its all in good fun :P

More
06 Apr 2010 15:13 #3387 by Twodavez
Can't wait to see how it all shakes out at the LAN! :blush:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
06 Apr 2010 15:21 #3388 by Davey_Boy
Twodavez wrote:

Can't wait to see how it all shakes out at the LAN! :blush:

ditto :P

More
06 Apr 2010 16:45 #3397 by Twodavez
I've got something we could talk about. The MW2 Vs. BFBC2
Seems like Tiffany prefers one for one thing and the other for different things. I bet we could get a friendly discussion about the differences and pros/cons of each game. Maybe we could even crown a LAN OC winner of which game is prefered through a simple vote!

More
06 Apr 2010 17:15 #3398 by Tiffany
TIFFANY's PRO's AND CON's of BFBC2 and MW2

PRO's of MW2:

Multiple game types. If you like the craziness of a free-for-all or the much smaller teams in Search and destroy this game has it.. (and of course everything in between, shouldn't leave any gamer unhappy).

You can play in a pub or get a private match started for TWL or just a scrim with friends.

Graphics are pretty amazing (a little hardcore for me since I'm not that big a fan on blood :blush: )

Feels like a never ending game. With ten prestige modes and all the different titles and emblems you can work for it doesn't get as boring as fast as COD4 did.

All different types of weapons and perks. I know I couldn't live without my Ninja Pro :) .

CON's of MW2:

NO DEDICATED SERVERS. Coming from COD4 with my lovely dedi's with no noobtubers or marty EVER...it was hard to deal with the "noobs" in MW2 that used them, in what it seemed, every room. Now in MW2 we have noobtubes, RPG's, AkimboEVERYTHING, marty, riotsheilds (I hate those) and much more to bring to the what I would call "noobcircle" and NO ONE to kick them out.

STEAM SUCKS. I don't know how many days I went without playing because Steam was updating or steam was down.

VERY UNREALISTIC WEAPONS. For example... the Model 1887's enough said.

PRO's OF BFBC2:

Team based game. I've never worked so much with a team before. You have your squad of four and if you balance it right, you can be unstoppable.

Harder ranking scale. Unlike MW2 it takes a lot longer to get higher in rank and also to get different weapons and unlock different perks.

Different Characters. You can play as a medic, reviving people and giving them health or three others (that I cant think of right now). :blush:

Vehicles. (even though I hate them) BC2 has tons of things you can drive around and shoot people with.

CON's of BFBC2:

Only three game types. Of which I still haven't quite figured out yet.

TOO SLOW. If you are use to games like MW2 you will feel like a turtle with a mountain tied on the back of you. (even if you have the adrenaline perk).

Game gives a lot of people problems. I know a lot of people who get kicked or blue screen out of the game. and no answer, yet, as to why.

Now of course I might be a little bias since COD4 was my first PC game EVER and I've been playing MW2 non-stop since the game came out, and I've hardly played BFBC2. But so far... this is what I've got out of it.

More
06 Apr 2010 17:47 - 06 Apr 2010 17:51 #3399 by Dreyvas
We've beaten the cons of Modern Warfare 2 to death, so I won't go into that.

As far as Bad Company 2, the main problem I see is that it needs patched badly. It's very buggy. It still manages to beat Modern Warfare 2 for fun factor for me, though. You missed one of the biggest perks of Bad Company 2: Completely destructible environments. Getting sniped from a building? Blow it the hell up with a rocket or grenade, or hit it with a mortar strike. Guy hiding in a bunker? Level it. Once you get the hang of using the environments to your advantage, this game really shines, not to mention working with a competent squad. As you mentioned, one squad can easily change the tide of the current game.

As far as Bad Company 2 being slow, it's not that the walk speed is any slower. In fact, I'd say it might be a little faster. It just has really large environments. Have you gone back to Cod4 since Modern Warfare 2? Cod4 has a much faster walk speed. The maps are mostly fairly small in Modern Warfare 2 to accommodate the smaller player count, so it feels way faster than it really is.

Steam is fast and reliable for me, so I don't know about that. The only problem I really have with it are random disconnects from Steam friends on occasion.
Last edit: 06 Apr 2010 17:51 by Dreyvas.

More
06 Apr 2010 18:14 #3401 by Lersar
From what I've heard (I haven't actually gotten to play BC2 yet), the learning curve is quite different between the two. MW2 is very reflex-oriented, and can be 'mastered' for lack of a better term fairly quick. Also speaking somewhat to the community of BC2, the best way I've heard it put is it's not some 'bro-fest' with people telling each other they suck and are homos or anything, since apparently (again, going off only what I've heard) you can only chat with your squad mates.

More
06 Apr 2010 18:27 #3403 by Dreyvas
Yeah. Actually, you can text chat with anyone, but it's buggy. Voice chat usually doesn't work at all, so I use an external voice client with the group of people I play with, and it works like a charm.

I will say this: For a team-based game, the communication options (or lack thereof) are absolutely pathetic in Bad Company 2.

More
06 Apr 2010 18:48 #3404 by Tiffany
Dreyvas wrote:

I will say this: For a team-based game, the communication options (or lack thereof) are absolutely pathetic in Bad Company 2.

We generally use vent, but we usually can't get a game going because either someone crashes or someone else can't get in the server because of punkbuster. :dry: hopefully they will fix all the bugs and it can be a great game (next to MW2) ;)

More
06 Apr 2010 19:28 - 06 Apr 2010 19:29 #3405 by Dreyvas
Modern Warfare 2 is a fun game to play, but there is literally no competitive side to it. There can't be without dedicated servers; the host always has a pretty decent advantage. There's no way I'd ever try to compete seriously in a situation like that, personally. I have a friend who used to play Call of Duty 4 pretty regularly in a competitive clan, and he said it was pretty much a joke trying to organize competitive matches in Modern Warfare 2. I'm not saying I don't like the game or that I don't think it can be fun, it just isn't suited for competitive leagues or tournaments.

As far as voice, Mumble is an excellent new application with a really good in-game overlay that always lets you know exactly who is talking. Really good voice quality, as well. For VOIP I've used Vent, Teamspeak, xfire, Steam and Skype, and I'd say Mumble easily tops all of those. Check it out if you ever get a chance.

...I hate you for starting this discussion, Twodavez. :laugh:
Last edit: 06 Apr 2010 19:29 by Dreyvas.

More
06 Apr 2010 19:39 - 06 Apr 2010 19:39 #3406 by Lersar
Dreyvas wrote:

Modern Warfare 2 is a fun game to play, but there is literally no competitive side to it. There can't be without dedicated servers; the host always has a pretty decent advantage. There's no way I'd ever try to compete seriously in a situation like that, personally. I have a friend who used to play Call of Duty 4 pretty regularly in a competitive clan, and he said it was pretty much a joke trying to organize competitive matches in Modern Warfare 2. I'm not saying I don't like the game or that I don't think it can be fun, it just isn't suited for competitive leagues or tournaments.

I think I'd have to agree. At least on my connection, what I once considered to be an excuse has turned into the realization that yeah, the connection issues are actually affecting my game. There are a lot of times that I'll see one thing only to watch the KillCam show something completely different. I'm willing to place the majority of this blame on my internet, which admittedly isn't the greatest, but to coincide with your point there's no way to ever eliminate this in a local setting for tournaments. Which also means it can be a pain at LANs, which really kinda sucks, too.

My little disclaimer as well, I love to play MW2, which again is a testament to how fun the game is, to keep me coming back despite the problems.
Last edit: 06 Apr 2010 19:39 by Lersar.

More
06 Apr 2010 19:42 #3407 by Dreyvas
I definitely wouldn't mind playing a few rounds after I get home tonight. B)

More
06 Apr 2010 21:32 #3413 by Twodavez
Dreyvas wrote:

...I hate you for starting this discussion, Twodavez. :laugh:

Well, it's something to talk about isn't it? No-one is forcing you to put in your 2 cents :P

More
06 Apr 2010 22:31 #3414 by Tiffany
Dreyvas wrote:

I definitely wouldn't mind playing a few rounds after I get home tonight. B)

and of course I won't be on tonight :(

More
06 Apr 2010 22:36 #3416 by Dreyvas
What a shame. Feel free to friend request me, my steam is dreyvas.

We have 1943 guests and no members online

supportus