Epic Vapes

More
20 Sep 2014 20:19 #35685 by Lersar
Epic Vapes was created by Lersar
For those interested, we now have a local vape shop that just opened this weekend. It is in the same shopping center as Fricker's so a nice location for those who come to the LAN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rhythmatic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2014 00:50 #35686 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Epic Vapes
Local Sponsorship to the event? :-)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
22 Sep 2014 14:51 #35690 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Epic Vapes
Epic.

More
22 Sep 2014 15:45 - 22 Sep 2014 15:47 #35692 by renegade
Replied by renegade on topic Epic Vapes
A smoke shop sponsoring a LAN?

Yea no.
Last edit: 22 Sep 2014 15:47 by renegade.

More
22 Sep 2014 22:34 #35693 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Epic Vapes

renegade wrote: A smoke shop sponsoring a LAN?

Yea no.

I'm... not sure what, outside of personal opinion, disqualifies a vape shop from sponorsing any LAN, but for us specifically you are right. Despite our venue not allowing the use, it would be a pretty niche prize that odds are the winner may not enjoy. I would encourage any interested to give them a visit though, I had the pleasure of helping them with a few tech issues over the weekend and its a pretty cool place.

More
23 Sep 2014 06:32 #35702 by Rhythmatic
Replied by Rhythmatic on topic Epic Vapes
Oh man, awesome! I'll be sure to give them some business at the next LAN.

As for a sponsorship, that would be awesome, but not everyone would be eligible to win a prize since vaping is 18+. Maybe some promo material in the swag bags like coupons or stickers?

More
23 Sep 2014 13:51 #35703 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Epic Vapes
I would have no problem with them sponsoring the LAN.

I totally understand why people Vape. I don't but that's because I wanted to quit smoking. 4 months smoke free, couldn't be happier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wingcmdr77

More
23 Sep 2014 16:34 #35704 by Myndmelt

Wingless92 wrote: I would have no problem with them sponsoring the LAN.

I totally understand why people Vape. I don't but that's because I wanted to quit smoking. 4 months smoke free, couldn't be happier.

Hey good for you man. It's a really great thing to decide and accomplish!

More
23 Sep 2014 22:34 #35706 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic Epic Vapes
As far as the Lan's sponsorship goes; I just don't see how Vape's tie into the the fold of things. They have nothing to to with Gaming, other than the new Vapor/E-Cig that has a CPU in it. Historically Cigarette companies haven’t been allowed to sponsor certain events like sport games or concerts. Google and Microsoft outlaw cigarette advertizing on their networks.

It looks tacky for them to sponsor a LAN event especially when so many gamers are under 18. I look at LANs as wholesome family/fun, don't think Vapes fall into the wholesome family fun as all family members can’t participate and they don't really bring family values to Lans.

Well... I suppose I'm going to be bracing from Retaliatory comments coming my way. These are just my opinions of a "non" smoker who has tried E-Cigs though. :woohoo:

More
25 Sep 2014 14:59 #35716 by Myndmelt

Wingcmdr77 wrote: As far as the Lan's sponsorship goes; I just don't see how Vape's tie into the the fold of things. They have nothing to to with Gaming, other than the new Vapor/E-Cig that has a CPU in it. Historically Cigarette companies haven’t been allowed to sponsor certain events like sport games or concerts. Google and Microsoft outlaw cigarette advertizing on their networks.

It looks tacky for them to sponsor a LAN event especially when so many gamers are under 18. I look at LANs as wholesome family/fun, don't think Vapes fall into the wholesome family fun as all family members can’t participate and they don't really bring family values to Lans.

Well... I suppose I'm going to be bracing from Retaliatory comments coming my way. These are just my opinions of a "non" smoker who has tried E-Cigs though. :woohoo:

Right because beer and soda has everything to do with sports players on a field...?

There are LANs that have alcohol right at the event. But that's not family fun right?

More
25 Sep 2014 19:50 #35717 by renegade
Replied by renegade on topic Epic Vapes
Let me go one step further on what i said, and retract a bit. An e-cig company sponsoring with e-cig merchandise I would say no, now on another angle an vap store sponsoring by purchasing gaming / pc hardware etc I would more then likely say yes but it would be up to the staff.

More
25 Sep 2014 22:16 #35718 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Epic Vapes
Wasn't this post just to let people that are interested that there is a store local to the event? Why is there a big discussion on sponsorship at all?

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelf, Rhythmatic

More
26 Sep 2014 14:50 #35719 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Epic Vapes
Cause why not?

Not that I come to the LAN anymore anyways, lol.

I guess at this point I could careless. I haven't been to a LanOC LAN in 2 years? Still if they are open to sponsoring the LAN then let em. More $$$ more problems right?

What we should do is get Marlboro to sponsor the LAN just to piss off Renegade, I kid I kid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: h4lt, Rhythmatic

More
27 Sep 2014 20:45 - 27 Sep 2014 20:47 #35721 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic Epic Vapes
Whatever the vast majority of people want; is what should be had. I just have a lowly opinion, and that's all it is. ;)
Last edit: 27 Sep 2014 20:47 by Wingcmdr77.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelf

We have 2104 guests and no members online

supportus