Premium Board- Advanced RMA Not Avaliable

More
25 May 2013 00:28 #31093 by Wingcmdr77
Just wanted your thoughts on this little problem I've been snagged in.

As a couple already know, I bought a premium motherboard from a company and this will
be the third one I've had.

It would not be so difficult to swallow if they could do the Advanced RMA like they did the first time. I give them a CC and another is sent out ahead of time.

They have none in stock and do not know of an ETA.

So it was advised to send mine in for repair. When choosing this board and company I loved the Advanced RMA process. That was high on my selling point.

What do you think of not being able to honor one of the main aspects of the warranty?

I ask that the person that confirmed that the board is dead, not comment because you already know the whole case and can't be unbiased on the topic as much.

Don't know what I'm going to do with out my main gaming machine for a month, this is about how much time from last time. My son's computer ya, it could handle some modern games with a Quad Core CPU and two newer SLI graphics cards, but still....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2013 00:31 #31094 by garfi3ld
what generation of motherboard?

I'm going to guess that its a little older now. I'm sure it can be a little hard to keep a bunch of extras of each board in stock.

What is bad on the board? I would start to wonder if this is the third time that there isn't an issue that might be causing it all

Wes

More
25 May 2013 01:42 #31096 by Wingcmdr77
Its a year and a half, if thats really considered a little older. Sure its not one released yesterday or last month. And each time I've sent it back, ive been informed its the board. Not a component that helped its demise. 5 year Premium RMA, :whistle:

Do not claim to understand their business model, but I'd like the upgraded model sent to me, the forums show that the later released model has less issues. So it seems to me this board has something in it they are aware of.

More
25 May 2013 01:50 #31097 by garfi3ld
a power supply giving weird voltage off and on can help a motherboard die but from their point of view there is no way to pinpoint it.

What motherboard is this, we know from your past posts that its an Asus motherboard :-P

Wes

More
25 May 2013 02:16 #31098 by Wingcmdr77

garfi3ld wrote: a power supply giving weird voltage off and on can help a motherboard die but from their point of view there is no way to pinpoint it.

What motherboard is this, we know from your past posts that its an Asus motherboard :-P

HEHE!! You have to good a memory. I guess the games up, The Crosshair Formula V. B)

Different PSU, since the initial problems, in fact the only two things that I didnt replace are the CPU and case.

More
25 May 2013 16:56 #31109 by Wooderson
Wing did you even notice low voltage warnings from the Asus suite. I have the same board as you and I would get these warnings all the time when my 1090T was installed. I changes CPUs to a FX 8350 and haven't had even one warning. I'm not saying that is your problem, but I'm curious if you noticed anything?

I kill CPU's

More
25 May 2013 18:04 #31110 by Wingcmdr77

Wooderson wrote: Wing did you even notice low voltage warnings from the Asus suite. I have the same board as you and I would get these warnings all the time when my 1090T was installed. I changes CPUs to a FX 8350 and haven't had even one warning. I'm not saying that is your problem, but I'm curious if you noticed anything?

I tried the Asus Suite for 6 months, didnt like it. Never recieved a warning. And I have the same CPU, so your right on the money for a comparison.

Just dont know, like i said about everything was replaced between board 2 and 3. Except the CPU and the Case. On the case I replaced the power panel, outside power button, usb ports, esata, firewire. See also, Cosmos S specs or LanOCs review on it from 2008, I believe.

I appreciate your thoughfulness especially since our builds our similar

More
25 May 2013 18:49 #31113 by Wooderson
So when there replace the board will you get the newer Formula-z?

www.asus.com/Motherboards/CROSSHAIR_V_FORMULAZ/

I kill CPU's

More
26 May 2013 02:22 #31120 by Wingcmdr77

Wooderson wrote: So when there replace the board will you get the newer Formula-z?

www.asus.com/Motherboards/CROSSHAIR_V_FORMULAZ/

Nope, no advanced RMA, no upgrade, I have to mail it in and wait for it to be repaired. Odd thing is... they said (corporate office in cali -escalation team) it wouldnt be a problem if I were to be on my 4th board..

Hey whats one more right? :whistle:

More
05 Jun 2013 02:52 #31302 by Wingcmdr77
For your amusement. B)

South Bridge Chipset was replaced and a controller, per a Super Mod on the Republic of Gamers Forum.

We have 1842 guests and one member online

supportus