QuakeCON 2012

More
20 Jul 2012 18:37 #26327 by evildoer
Replied by evildoer on topic Re: QuakeCON 2012
FINALLY

Inwin stopped out at my factory this morning and one of those guys will be at their booth at QuakeCON.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2012 19:08 #26328 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: QuakeCON 2012
So if anyone asks,I'll just tell them i'm with Evildoer!!!! NICE!!! :evil:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
31 Jul 2012 04:49 #26668 by renegade
Replied by renegade on topic QuakeCON 2012
Just got an email from Alienware I was picked for VIP seating in the Alienware VIP section! So no more FCFS line standing for me. Thank you Alienware!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

More
31 Jul 2012 04:58 #26671 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic QuakeCON 2012

renegade wrote: Just got an email from Alienware I was picked for VIP seating in the Alienware VIP section! So no more FCFS line standing for me. Thank you Alienware!!!!

Nice!

More
31 Jul 2012 05:48 #26675 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic QuakeCON 2012

renegade wrote: Just got an email from Alienware I was picked for VIP seating in the Alienware VIP section! So no more FCFS line standing for me. Thank you Alienware!!!!

Balller. Don't forget about us way back in the BYOC in the cheap seats!!!!!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
31 Jul 2012 13:42 - 31 Jul 2012 13:55 #26710 by Action
Replied by Action on topic QuakeCON 2012
I'm flyin tomorrow (Wed) I'm FCFS but hopefully I can get one of those open seats near you guys. Since renegade is now Alienware VIP the seat between twodaves and evildoer is now open. I just wonder if I can drop off Wednesday night or if that is only for Reserved registrants. No word yet even if that is going to happen this year.
Last edit: 31 Jul 2012 13:55 by Action.

More
31 Jul 2012 15:53 #26712 by Twodavez
Here's where you can find all the answers you could ever have about Quake Con!
www.qconforums.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1421

More
31 Jul 2012 17:02 #26718 by renegade
Replied by renegade on topic QuakeCON 2012
From a staff member on the official irc channel. Fcfs line will not start processing until Thursday once the pre bought seat line is under controll. He estimated around noon or so. But could be earlier air later. But fcfs can't drop off wed that is for pre paid seats only.

More
31 Jul 2012 17:20 #26719 by Twodavez

renegade wrote: From a staff member on the official irc channel. Fcfs line will not start processing until Thursday once the pre bought seat line is under controll. He estimated around noon or so. But could be earlier air later. But fcfs can't drop off wed that is for pre paid seats only.

Gotcha. I do'nt think we'll be there until around noon, so you'll more than likely beat us into the BYOC area since we'll have to get in line...

More
31 Jul 2012 17:58 #26720 by evildoer
Replied by evildoer on topic QuakeCON 2012
I'm going to have to get in line :(

I'm totally hoping for early an early admission on weds evening.

More
31 Jul 2012 18:19 #26721 by Twodavez

evildoer wrote: I'm going to have to get in line :(

I'm totally hoping for early an early admission on weds evening.

you need to follow the twitter and they'll announce the early admission. All you're allowed to do is take in your equipment, you cna't hook up anything, just set it on the table and leave...
www.qconforums.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1541

More
31 Jul 2012 21:40 - 31 Jul 2012 21:46 #26729 by Action
Replied by Action on topic QuakeCON 2012

renegade wrote: From a staff member on the official irc channel. Fcfs line will not start processing until Thursday once the pre bought seat line is under controll. He estimated around noon or so. But could be earlier air later. But fcfs can't drop off wed that is for pre paid seats only.

There is so much conflicting info it is not even funny, other staff say Wednesday night, others say early in the morning on Thursday. Others say Pre-bought and FCFS go in the same line... etc. I have been following IRC, reddit and the forums. Oh well guess I will find out for sure when I get there or later that night. There is a person on the registration staff on reddit answering questions b ut still nothing confirmed. He just basically says if the BYOC is finished setup early on wednesday they will let people register and come in, tag and drop off their equipment but you can not hook it up or hang around.

I am gonna probably regret not getting a rental. I read not much in the range of walking distance of the hotel to do.
Last edit: 31 Jul 2012 21:46 by Action.

More
01 Aug 2012 00:50 #26734 by evildoer
Replied by evildoer on topic QuakeCON 2012
24 hours :D

More
01 Aug 2012 15:44 #26753 by Twodavez

Action wrote:

There is so much conflicting info it is not even funny, other staff say Wednesday night, others say early in the morning on Thursday. Others say Pre-bought and FCFS go in the same line... etc. I have been following IRC, reddit and the forums. Oh well guess I will find out for sure when I get there or later that night. There is a person on the registration staff on reddit answering questions b ut still nothing confirmed. He just basically says if the BYOC is finished setup early on wednesday they will let people register and come in, tag and drop off their equipment but you can not hook it up or hang around.

I am gonna probably regret not getting a rental. I read not much in the range of walking distance of the hotel to do.

the hotel is pretty big, i'm sure there's a sports bar or something around there. Plus remember you're in a BIG city, so they'll have buses and even a light rail system,s o your only limited by your own desire for adventure ;-)

More
03 Aug 2012 12:46 #26787 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic QuakeCON 2012
So you guys, make it there safely? How is it? I tried to get on their live stream but its offline right now.

More
05 Aug 2012 22:34 #26828 by evildoer
Replied by evildoer on topic Re: QuakeCON 2012
I talked to a ton of ppl at quakecon

Also:

From official quakecon flickr..

More
11 Aug 2012 07:29 #27019 by HaleyM2012
Replied by HaleyM2012 on topic QuakeCON 2012
I went to Quakecon, And omg, it was a experiance.. But the lan pert really lacked.. Cant wait to do some REAL lanning with you guys at lanoc!

STEAM- Haleym2012 [:

More
16 Aug 2012 19:27 #27217 by evildoer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myndmelt

We have 1449 guests and one member online

supportus