New Forums, wait...again?

More
07 Apr 2010 13:56 #3445 by Reaper
Replied by Reaper on topic Re:New Forums, wait...again?
Bookmark this page or subscribe to it with your favorite RSS reader:
lanoc.org/forum/fb_rss?no_html=1

I use iGoogle as my home page and have several RSS reader widgets so I can read the latest posts on FWGamers, LanOC, and many of my other favorite sites ever without leaving my home page, then can click the link to read the entire topic if I so choose. Also, your boss is probably not going to notice if you have a browser tab parked at the iGoogle page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2010 14:16 #3447 by garfi3ld
I would really recommend also taking advantage of the Recent Discussions link at the top of the site when you are logged in. That will list the most recent posts with just one for each post like you are looking for.

Wes

More
07 Apr 2010 14:17 #3448 by Twodavez
That's pretty cool. Is there a good site to understand RSS and other geeky things for wanna-be geeks like myself?

I think it could get pretty confusing keeping all the threads sorted, but it's good for something like Fortwayne Gamers where there are only a few posts a day. (Plus i could actually stay connected at work as that site has been blocked by our Barracuda firewall thing!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
07 Apr 2010 15:13 #3458 by Reaper
Replied by Reaper on topic Re:New Forums, wait...again?
Twodavez wrote:

That's pretty cool. Is there a good site to understand RSS and other geeky things for wanna-be geeks like myself?

I'm not sure there's one site per se but of course wikipedia will have a great bit of info about it. But all you need to remember about RSS is you can use it one of two ways - directly out of your browser or through a "reader". If you Google "RSS reader" you're going to find about a billion hits. Even better if you have a data plan on your phone... "there's an app for that"... I prefer to use Google's because I can lay it all out in a format I like with its own skin & everything.

More
23 Apr 2010 06:51 - 23 Apr 2010 06:53 #4490 by Leonresevil2
Lersar predicted:

The [point] system is good to use in something like, oh I don't know, a contest maybe...

A month ahead of time! You guys have this all planned out, don't you?

Idk. I'm bored. I guess I'll give it a rest and go to bed, since no one wants to talk to me. :laugh: I just seem to stop every topic, and dominate the sidebar. At least in these hours.

Lol I just realized that, if you RSS'd the forums, you probably got a ton of posts all from me in your queue. So, You're Welcome! :)

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2010 06:53 by Leonresevil2.

More
23 Apr 2010 12:28 #4495 by NitrosDragon
It might be because you're rez'ing dead threads. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. :P

Also, I'm glad I don't use RSS.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

We have 1525 guests and no members online

supportus