Movie Talk

More
07 Feb 2010 03:18 #2013 by garfi3ld
Movie Talk was created by garfi3ld
I know everyone doesn't play video games during all of there free time. For me, anytime im sitting at the pc working or anything else I have a movie or tv-show playing. I would love to get some conversations going about movies. What should or shouldn't we see? Why? Anything exciting coming out soon?

To get things started here are a couple I watched

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs
This was a surprisingly good animated movie that I didn't know anything about until I saw a poster getting on the plane heading to Vegas. It does have a fairly generic storyline, love story and a main character who cant seem to find his way.

Surrogates
Bruce Willis is the fucking man. I enjoyed the movie, but I felt like I have seen this before... Oh wait, replace Bruce with Will Smith and you now have I-robot..

Cool Runnings
(seen this one before, just rewatched) John Candy.. nuf said

Amazing effects, first movie that I have seen that makes humanity the bad guy, makes people kill themselves?

There are a LOT more that I have watched recently. Lets here some of yours

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2010 03:30 #2014 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic RE: Movie Talk
When I can't play video games in my free time, I may catch a movie or two. We recently saw:

Tooth Fairy (unfortunately)
Cliche, horrible acting, awful dialogue, The Rock finally hits, well, rock bottom...

Drag Me to Hell
It gets extremely graphic about midway through... like ridiculously graphic, like Evil Dead graphic. Somewhat decent, the goat demon dancing near the end is worth watching it for alone.

Coming to theaters
The Karate Kid
Remake, sort of, I don't know too much about this but we saw a trailer for it, it looked pretty decent.

More
07 Feb 2010 20:27 #2020 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic RE: Movie Talk
Let's see here. Well working at Blockbuster does have it's advantages. Like having access to almost every movie as it comes out. Unfortunately I hate movies and don't watch many so I normally need to hear that it's really good before i waste my time. That said here's a few I've seen recently.

Legion
Terminator for Christians and not nearly as violent. Dennis Quaid was awesome tho.

The Hurt Locker
It is no surprise that this bad boy is up for Best Picture this year. Great characters and the perfect amount of tension throughout. A War movie with a very entertaining point. A must watch.

Inglorious Basterds
Hilarious, wonderfully written and acted. One of Tarentino's best.

G-Force
Surprisingly well written and voice acted despite being about guinea pigs. Cool surprise ending too. Soundtrack was terrible!!!

GI Joe
Say what you will but I loved this movie. One of the funnest 90 minutes of the year.

District 9
Fantastically paced and acted. Everything was awesome and I didn't even mind the pseudo-documentary shaky cam, actually made the move a little more real.

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

More
07 Feb 2010 23:06 #2021 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic RE: Movie Talk
so i should check out GI joe then?

Im going to watch Hurt Locker tonight or tomorrow

Wes

More
07 Feb 2010 23:48 #2022 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic RE: Movie Talk
Yeah man. GI Joe is completely sill and ridiculous but that's what makes it fun . Just enjoy the ride and try to forgive Dennis Quaid for fucking everyone over. :lol:

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

More
09 Feb 2010 16:15 #2037 by LinkyPwns
Replied by LinkyPwns on topic RE: Movie Talk

Lersar wrote: Drag Me to Hell
It gets extremely graphic about midway through... like ridiculously graphic, like Evil Dead graphic. Somewhat decent, the goat demon dancing near the end is worth watching it for alone.

No.

This movie was THE shittiest movie that I ever watched..I can't believe I really finished watching it. Everything about it was terrible...the acting, effects, reasons to try and scare you with stuff that isn't scary.

More
09 Feb 2010 16:34 #2040 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic RE: Movie Talk

LinkyPwns wrote:

Lersar wrote: Drag Me to Hell

No.

This movie was THE shittiest movie that I ever watched..I can't believe I really finished watching it. Everything about it was terrible...the acting, effects, reasons to try and scare you with stuff that isn't scary.

If its a break from Nick Jr and Disney animations, I'm happy with it. And when we rented it, I wasn't really expecting a scare the living shit out of me experience. Sure, everything might have been below par, but it was amusing to say the least. Consider your self fortunate that this is THE shittiest movie you've ever watched... theres a lot worse out there.

More
11 Feb 2010 00:13 #2057 by NitrosDragon
Replied by NitrosDragon on topic RE: Movie Talk
The Book of Eli
Action-packed violence and and inspirational message? That's a movie to be trifled with!

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
29 Mar 2010 02:38 #3038 by MandaRawr
Replied by MandaRawr on topic RE: Movie Talk
NitrosDragon wrote:

The Book of Eli
Action-packed violence and and inspirational message? That's a movie to be trifled with!

The Book of Eli was alright. It kinda bugged me a little bit. It was just.....bleh........but now that it is late enough to talk about Alice in Wonderland was amazing. ^^

Half Nekkid Grl

More
29 Mar 2010 02:46 #3040 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Re:Movie Talk
Ugggh another Tim Burton unoriginal.

I have no desire to see Alice. However, I did hear that it was good.

Now Scott Pilgrim vs. The World!!!!

Actually filmed in my hood too!

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

More
29 Mar 2010 02:52 #3042 by MandaRawr
Replied by MandaRawr on topic Re:Movie Talk
Although I have never heard about it, I will have to check it out!

Half Nekkid Grl

More
29 Mar 2010 03:02 #3043 by NitrosDragon
Replied by NitrosDragon on topic Re:Movie Talk
Tim wrote:

Ugggh another Tim Burton unoriginal.

I have no desire to see Alice. However, I did hear that it was good.

Yeah, it's all right. I wouldn't recommend it in 3D, though. I hear the effects were done post-production after they saw how hot Avatar was.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
29 Mar 2010 22:18 #3098 by vialdragon
Replied by vialdragon on topic Re:Movie Talk
I watch to many movies to really rant about them atm. I must say I've seen about all of the ones mentioned cept for Alice and drag me to hell. I've been wanting to see drag me to hell for a while I just keep forgetting about it. past that I"m gonna watch Scott Pilgrim vs. The World the minute it comes out, looks like I'll laugh my ass off with good graphics to boot. I got a friend says Alice in I MAX is the best movie exp to date. still gonna pass.

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

More
25 Apr 2010 06:21 #4750 by technobear
Replied by technobear on topic Re:Movie Talk
Currently:

Lost youve got some catching up to do!

Band of Brothers hands down one of the best war series/movies ever made!!!

Avatar great effects, modern remake of Dances with wolves

Boondock Saints 1 & 2 one of the greatest cult movies in the last 10 years. This movie would have been released to the theaters if it werent for 9/11 happening within the same month of its intended release. Because of its vigilante theme it was deemed too controvercial for the public.

Firefly/Serenety need i say anything but JOSS JOSS JOSS JOSS?

Anime:
Last Exile Steam punk themed series! great CG assisted animation

Ghost in the Shell Great series of movies that also spawned an animated series

Trigun classic style anime series

We have 1382 guests and no members online

supportus