Steam users are avid bittorrent users..

More
28 Aug 2010 10:46 - 28 Aug 2010 10:52 #8602 by garfi3ld
torrentfreak.com/steam-gamers-are-avid-bittorrent-users-100823/

Utorrent 29.41%
BitTorrent 5.28%
Vuze 4.37%
Bitcomet 2.44%

for a total of 41.50% of steam users using bit torrent programs. What does that mean? It means that even though you have people who have access to free, illegal copys of software, videos, ect. They are still buying games using the steam client. Is this because of the ease of use? Increased piracy protection? Steam sales and sometimes better pricing? Its hard to say, but I would like to think that most people will buy a game if its the right price and easy to get. Steam does both of these things! What do you guys think?

Wes
Last edit: 28 Aug 2010 10:52 by garfi3ld.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2010 10:48 #8603 by garfi3ld
Also, does anyone else think its weird that steam knows what programs I have running?

Wes

More
28 Aug 2010 21:08 #8622 by NitrosDragon

garfi3ld wrote: Also, does anyone else think its weird that steam knows what programs I have running?

I became very scared after only reading the title of this thread.

But, no, I'm not very surprised. This is an interesting statistic, though.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
28 Aug 2010 21:44 #8627 by jj_Sky5000
I am not surprised they ask you if you want to submit your info for teh survey and you say yes, and they see what executables you are using.

More
28 Aug 2010 22:25 #8630 by Twodavez

jj_Sky5000 wrote: I am not surprised they ask you if you want to submit your info for teh survey and you say yes, and they see what executables you are using.

I agree, windows also wants to get "random/Anonymous" information from your computer too. It's just like Google or Facebook tracking who you are friends with and what you like so they can put the right adds to the right of your screen. Marketing is and will continue to take over the world. It's scary how good those people are, but so long as we keep buying their stuff, we keep them in business. It's not a bad thing, just a thing

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

We have 2184 guests and no members online

supportus