Should I even ask? XboxNone

More
28 May 2013 07:23 #31146 by Leonresevil2
www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013...ars.aspx?PageIndex=5

Another interesting bit, sounds like the old system won't be abandoned quickly at all. I could see issues with trying to develop cross-platform for devices that are from 2006, maybe we won't see games actually step up in quality, FOV, or textures. At the same time, watching the tech videos of Forza and CoD for XOne, I could care less if faces are a bit better or if cars have photorealistic tires. Higher max players would be more appealing.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2013 16:26 #31149 by L0rdG1gabyt3
This is a way for them to gauge what the market response to the One will be. If they sell those 25M additional 360s, and the One pulls a Wii U, they know they have made a HUGE mistake, and they can attempt to make changes to fix what seem to be the biggest problems.

More
29 May 2013 10:39 #31160 by SpeedBump

garfi3ld wrote:

Thanks...ANOTHER 1:41 of my life I will NEVAH get back. :angry: :angry: :angry: :laugh: :laugh:

More
29 May 2013 11:48 #31161 by garfi3ld
tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv tv movies tv tv tv sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports watercooler television television television television television television television television sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports sports Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty DOG Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Service Dog Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas, Leonresevil2, draymac, h4lt

More
29 May 2013 15:47 #31162 by L0rdG1gabyt3

nuff said

More
30 May 2013 00:05 #31168 by Satansoul
Anyone see the news about PS4 changing the DRM on used games because of the xbox fail?

More
30 May 2013 00:55 #31170 by Leonresevil2
www.gamespot.com/news/ps4-may-include-dr...games-report-6408925

I can kinda see the argument of one system won't handle it differently from the other, but Wii U hasn't put forth restrictions as far as I know. Plus, consoles would've followed the path of PC gaming for almost all digital. I could see PS4 going either way on that DRM.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
30 May 2013 05:33 #31175 by Leonresevil2

Hate to double, but this is a great video on the system and consoles in general. Blew my mind several times.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
The following user(s) said Thank You: trgtprctc

More
31 May 2013 02:33 #31190 by trgtprctc
We need Dog Mode in the forums....

More
31 May 2013 03:45 #31191 by Wingcmdr77

trgtprctc wrote: We need Dog Mode in the forums....

What's Dog Mode?

More
01 Jun 2013 00:22 #31205 by Leonresevil2
It was a mode in Rise of the Triad, similar to Berserk packs in Doom, except you became a dog and attacked people in melee. Other games may have done it, but basically it's just playing as a dog.

If one good thing came from this Xbox reveal, it at least brought dogs in gaming back. Maybe zombie games will start to fade out again.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
01 Jun 2013 01:20 #31212 by Satansoul
I hate the sounds they use for black ops 1/2 for the dog packs. I own two dogs and it made me cringe every time. As for dogs in gaming I am fine with. Just don't make me shoot them.

More
01 Jun 2013 02:16 #31215 by garfi3ld
You don't want to shoot dogs in a game that is about shooting people?

*devils advocate*

Wes

More
01 Jun 2013 02:57 #31216 by Satansoul
Nope they are shooting back with guns.

More
01 Jun 2013 03:33 - 01 Jun 2013 11:52 #31217 by garfi3ld
and the dogs are biting you with teeth

{still just being the devils advocate}

Wes
Last edit: 01 Jun 2013 11:52 by garfi3ld.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonresevil2

More
03 Jun 2013 23:57 #31265 by Leonresevil2
Never really considered animal conflict hesitation in gaming, I'd always fight anything in defense. Considering Acti, they may have options to avoid anything controversial (dog killing, dogs fighting dogs).

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
04 Jun 2013 02:22 #31276 by Satansoul
I guess it is just because I have always had dogs. How would you feel about killing a cat in game seeing you are a cat lover?

More
04 Jun 2013 02:30 #31278 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Should I even ask? XboxNone
I think his point is the oddity that we virtually slay human beings in video games without a hesitation, but question harming an animal. Due to his gracious use of the phrase "devil's advocate", I think he probably agrees. But it is a valid point nonetheless.

More
04 Jun 2013 02:44 #31280 by Satansoul
Yeah.

More
05 Jun 2013 18:51 #31319 by renegade
I prefer not to kill cats an dogs in games as well, but see the points made. Just like I do not like seeing kids or animals killed in movies.

More
07 Jun 2013 17:47 #31355 by X-Infinity-Zero
I guess Microsoft came out and tried to simplify everything. Honestly i think they just made it sound worst.

www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsof...-games-always-online

More
07 Jun 2013 19:18 #31359 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Should I even ask? XboxNone

X-Infinity-Zero wrote: I guess Microsoft came out and tried to simplify everything. Honestly i think they just made it sound worst.

www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/microsof...-games-always-online

This just seems like such a mess. EA did away with their online pass because "players didn't respond to the format". Instead of using that as a case study, the Xbone is doing it on a grander scale. So many more hoops are added for the legitimate consumer to jump through. I especially like this one regarding gifting the disc-based games: "you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days".

More
07 Jun 2013 21:32 - 07 Jun 2013 21:36 #31362 by X-Infinity-Zero
"Players will be able to access their library from other consoles. After signing in and installing, you can play any of your games from any Xbox One because a digital copy of your game is stored on your console and in the cloud."

So i go to my brothers place and we want to play a game i own and he doesn't. I will then have to log into my account on his system and install that game onto his hard drive thus taking up his drive space on his system...

WTF happened to just taking a game to your buddy's and just popping it in and playing... now you have to take up someone else HDD space and possibly wait an hour for the game to download and install before you can even play...

Microsoft has lost it...

How is this simple for the users/players?
Last edit: 07 Jun 2013 21:36 by X-Infinity-Zero.

More
11 Jun 2013 07:42 - 11 Jun 2013 07:43 #31412 by X-Infinity-Zero
Im sorry but Xbox just got RAPED by Sony.

What sold me was FF13 Versus now known as Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3. I completely lost it on these 2 titles.

Then they added that there was no always online DRM, Used games can be played on any system without issue and the system is $100 less than the Xbox.

Also a lot of the games looked great!

Also PS+ members get Drive Club free at launch. Thats a $60 game for free right out of the gate.

Im going to preorder one this month.
Last edit: 11 Jun 2013 07:43 by X-Infinity-Zero.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
11 Jun 2013 08:18 #31414 by X-Infinity-Zero

More
11 Jun 2013 08:24 #31415 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic Should I even ask? XboxNone
What Sony did to Microsoft tonight was downright dirty.
Step 1. Press release detailing why their system is technically superior. (8Gig DDR3 vs 8Gig GDDR5)
Step 2. Announce exclusivity deal with Bungie
Step 3. Rake Microsoft over the coals for their DRM and detail that their is none on PS4
Step 4. Release the console for $100 less.

More
11 Jun 2013 08:50 #31416 by garfi3ld

Wes
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: draymac

More
11 Jun 2013 20:10 #31422 by Deb0

More
11 Jun 2013 20:32 #31423 by garfi3ld

Wes

More
11 Jun 2013 22:31 #31424 by Dreyvas

We have 1546 guests and no members online

supportus