MOBA Hero Pick order vs Call order

More
17 May 2013 01:29 #30818 by Leonresevil2
na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread....7793023#post37793023

What a lucky timing, so much news. So Riot put out an official stance favoring Pick order over Call order in champion select.
What this means is that people are recommended to communicate, but pick champs in an order that is safer for the team, rather than first to call a role gets it.
I'm not sure how many people play Draft pick like this in MOBAs, but what are your thoughts? Call order is mostly to smooth out the fact that beginners only have one comfortable role, and it's often not to the benefit of the team. It is difficult to organize a team structure in a couple minutes with strangers, so it's an interesting challenge.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2013 01:33 #30819 by Lersar
VERY interesting, though he did use the qualifier "ranked"...

As you all know, we value communication and collaboration above all when it comes to choosing roles in ranked games

More
17 May 2013 01:45 #30821 by Leonresevil2
Normal draft is probably still applicable, it's just less serious. They went for a stance in ranked since it is a more competitive place, and they need some ruling to be able to hold against trolls there. Normal draft is just like an unranked ranked, so I think it should be somewhat serious.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
17 May 2013 08:21 #30838 by Deb0
All that drama is the reason I only play ARAM. Standard game make people unbearable.

More
17 May 2013 16:41 #30839 by Lersar

mem0man wrote: All that drama is the reason I only play ARAM. Standard game make people unbearable.

It's worth it after you have a night of bad games and you queue one last time, and everyone is like, "whatevs fill" and get along nicely. Faith = restored.

Plus when ARAM is bad, its awful. "give me teemo or i feed gg"

More
17 May 2013 19:33 #30843 by Deb0
Let em feed. Killstreak gold is fine by me. ;D

More
17 May 2013 21:13 #30844 by Lersar

mem0man wrote: Let em feed. Killstreak gold is fine by me. ;D

Haha, atta boy!

We have 1807 guests and no members online

supportus