LoL: Aatrox, the Darkin Blade, revealed

More
10 May 2013 22:39 #30619 by Lersar
It's no secret a lot of us play League of Legends. A lot. We should talk about this common interest! :)

On that note, yesterday Riot revealed Aatrox after some lore teasing. What does everyone think?

"Aatrox, the Darkin Blade emerges from the shadows of history to slake his thirst for blood and battle. This deft warrior cuts down his foes and drains their life force with his blade. Aatrox’s abilities cost health to cast."

Abilities

Blood Well (Passive)

Aatrox stores a portion of his abilities’ health cost in the Blood Well, which slowly drains to a base amount while he is out of combat. When Aatrox loses all of his health, he draws on the Blood Well and recovers the amount of health stored.

Dark Flight

Aatrox rises into the air and slams into a target location. Enemies within the impact zone are knocked up and take damage, while nearby enemies take damage.

Blood Thirst

Aatrox heals himself on every third attack. Activating Blood Thirst toggles Blood Price.

Blood Price: Every third attack now deals bonus damage instead of healing Aatrox. Aatrox loses health based on the bonus damage dealt.

Blades of Torment

Aatrox fires a line attack that damages and slows enemies caught in its path. Aatrox is refunded a part of the health cost if Blades of Torment strikes an enemy champion.

Massacre

Upon activation, Aatrox instantly damages enemies in an area around him. For the duration of Massacre, Aatrox gains bonus attack speed and range. Massacre has no health cost.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2013 05:34 #30625 by Deb0
I think we have enough Top bruisers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonresevil2

More
14 May 2013 21:44 #30718 by garfi3ld
Am I the only one shocked that there is no conversation in the LoL post?

Wes

More
14 May 2013 21:59 #30719 by Deb0
They are all too busy playing endless ARAM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelf

More
14 May 2013 23:21 #30720 by Lersar

mem0man wrote: They are all too busy playing endless ARAM.

Wes has even been playing some ARAM!
The following user(s) said Thank You: h4lt

More
15 May 2013 20:37 #30735 by h4lt

Lersar wrote:

mem0man wrote: They are all too busy playing endless ARAM.

Wes has even been playing some ARAM!

<3 me some ARAMs. That's all I play now!! New champ looks rather interesting. Looks like he has a little CC, and the fact that his Ult doesn't have a health cost seems schweet (wonder what the cooldown is going to be like??). Any champ that does not use mana is always fun :) SPAM SPAM SPAM (well maybe not, b/c you will just be killing yourself)

What would be the pro build? HP5?? LOTS O HEALTH?? AP or AD??

More
15 May 2013 22:52 #30737 by Leonresevil2
I'm a bit disappointed in the current format, as he did show leadership skills in the lore, but is a typical top lane sustain bruiser, one of those things that Riot acknowledges as problematic. He has similar traits to Zac, and doesn't feel like a supernatural beast that has been around forever in history. Maybe they will put in a team buff skill, as the designer read the arguments for that from the lore on the forums, and he understood the reasoning.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

We have 3620 guests and no members online

supportus