A lot of people have asked: Version SimCity

More
13 Mar 2013 12:37 #29868 by garfi3ld
A lot of people have asked what I have thought of Sim City considering how much time I have been putting into it. Unlike most people my biggest issues were never related to the server issues, only a few key flaws in the game itself that make things VERY difficult.

I found a nice post talking about the traffic issues that I have run into that frankly are game breaking. Check it out

answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/T...n/m-p/737060#U737060[

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
13 Mar 2013 23:14 #29875 by jj_Sky5000
The game is really really good, alot more advance than the orginals, I would recommend getting it.

I have 0 server issues and none of the traffic issues, in the comments It looks like poeple are figuring out solutions to having the perfect city

(hint) Spread resources out to smaller districts in ur city it will thrive

More
13 Mar 2013 23:46 #29876 by garfi3ld
You picked the game up after the server issues were handled.

How large have your citys gotten? There are some things that you can't spread out, trash being one of them. Once your city hits gridlock, your trash trucks can't reach buildings. Trash builds up and causes fires. Then with major fires spreading all over its hard for your fire trucks to also reach the fires due to traffic and also the fire truck AI.

Long story short, nomatter how much you spread out your fire stations. All of your fire trucks will head to the same fire, so they only address the fires one at a time. Add that to any traffic issues and its hard to address the issue in large citys.

I would also argue HIGHLY against the game being more advanced than previous simcity games as well. They took out a lot of the simulation really.

Having said that, I still enjoy it. But I am dissapointed in the way it came out.

Wes

More
14 Mar 2013 00:37 #29883 by Myndmelt

More
18 Mar 2013 01:25 #29944 by Wingless92
Not sure about the game. Not a SimCity fan.

But, the PR nightmare that EA and Maxis are dealing with right now is quiet amusing.

More
20 Mar 2013 00:21 #29998 by jj_Sky5000
I am glad to see more improvements

forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9381430.page

seeing some awesome cities being built.

I still havnt had any issues with the game and I am on my third city

More
07 May 2013 22:39 #30596 by garfi3ld
www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/07/simcity-3-0-u...=emp&utm_campaign=uk

more updates coming this week, looks like I will be playing later this week

Wes

We have 943 guests and no members online

supportus