Planetside 2

More
29 Jan 2013 20:58 - 30 Jan 2013 00:55 #29172 by Shroud
Planetside 2 was created by Shroud
If anyone plays or wants to play I'm a TR on soltech, I would switch to other things but I have cash shop items and they don't transfer to other factions or servers.

Edit* If there was a big enough group of us I would be willing to switch to whatever.
Last edit: 30 Jan 2013 00:55 by Shroud.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2013 07:47 #29226 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Planetside 2
I'm twodavez a TR on Soltech!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
01 Feb 2013 08:39 #29229 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Planetside 2
And i'm not sure if the developer was trying to make the most confusing game on the market, but if they did, then they nailed it!!!!
Everyone on the map is has a red or blue name above their heads, and i have no idea why i'm getting killed and who i'm supposed to shoot at. There are like 5 different voice chat keys, and the graphics aren't even TF2 quality in my opinion...
Maybe i need to play with someone who can tell me what to do, because i just walk around, get somewhere with people, sometimes they shoot and kill me instantly, sometimes they are my friends...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
01 Feb 2013 22:32 #29239 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Planetside 2
Haha, on the minimap red is the enemy, blue is ally. But the TR color is red. Each voice chat is a different channel like one is proximity so anyone around you can hear you, one is for your squad, etc. Graphic wise, I would say they are about as good as TF2 just not cartoon like. But there is also a lot more that it has to run so super good graphics would kill a lot of computers due to the amount that renders at a time.

More
16 May 2013 02:13 #30749 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Planetside 2
It's been awhile, but the game has come a good way and it would be nice to have a group available, coordination and numbers is key for success. We have a cluster on Waterson for VS that is fairly advanced, a secondary NC group on the other NA East server (servers have been merged down to 2 for each region since OP).

As far as graphics, there has been some nice optimization, and Nvidia supports some great graphics options, but most computers have trouble running the game on high settings. It's an intense game, but even on low settings it's incredibly satisfying to fly through the air, run side by side with 50 allies to attack a base, and struggle to hold your location as everything explodes around you.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
16 May 2013 02:34 #30750 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Planetside 2
I may have to try it again at some point, the last time I played it I didn't like it at all

Wes

More
16 May 2013 03:42 #30751 by Leonresevil2
I would like to see the learning curve improved, making secondary accounts has proved to be more challenging than expected, but XP gains have been vastly improved and server events are pretty good about bringing empires together. I still despise snipers and light assaults, but the rest of the game is pretty good.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
16 May 2013 05:13 #30755 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Planetside 2
you always hate snipers though :-P

Wes

More
16 May 2013 06:43 #30760 by Leonresevil2
I can't do it, and I can't avoid them. lol at least here it's reasonable, as the counterplay of being sniped from 500m away is pretty limited for 1HKO vs a rifle or shotgun that can't even spot the sniper. It's frustrating getting sent to a 15 second revive cycle and having to hike back to the battle when you can't spot the guy to avoid. It's something I'd like to see improved.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
16 May 2013 23:16 #30791 by draymac
Replied by draymac on topic Planetside 2
I made an account and played for a couple hours a couple months back...big landscape that is for sure. I can see this game being fun playing with a group but Lone Wolf would really feel like lone wolf. I concentrated on engineer class and found that rewarding rather than getting my testicles stepped on in combat! ;-)

More
16 May 2013 23:41 #30794 by Leonresevil2
There are ways to have fun as lone wolf and small groups. Kelf and I regularly fly our upgraded Liberators and do bombing runs on contested outposts, but we can join the zerg in big bases or do stealth missions to sneak behind enemy lines and weaken defenses for forward push. I don't exactly like doing infiltration tactics, as I hate when it is done to our empire, but it's an option for great XP if you aren't comfortable in battle.

As a lone wolf, I tend to roll Medic and keep the noobs alive, it's good XP and can turn fights by attrition.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

We have 2133 guests and no members online

supportus