How have we not had a topic for BRINK?

More
08 May 2011 04:33 #15562 by Leonresevil2
So unless you've been out of touch with gaming the past few months, you've probably heard of Brink. It's been called the next generation of FPS, the CoD-killer, and the next TF2. The developers seem focused to take on the lacking areas of the FPS genre, and really improve everything. I'm quite sure I'm getting it, and it looks like it will have a strong PC following. Dedicated servers are already lined up through Steam (eat that, Homefront), and it uses Steamworks as the DRM, so no GFWL or anything else. The devs have also explained that they designed the game to scale down for 5v5 tournament battles, with many settings and options available to servers.
The game does look like a blast. And I do think it's worth $50, since I made that purchase for Homefront at that much. And the best part is, bots fill in slots so teams are always balanced in the story. The game will still be playable without online, but I think the strength will really be in online. Perhaps they are spreading themselves thin, by building up story and jump-in multiplayer, but I think they have developed everything well, and the game is actually more focused than similar CoD games that have such disconnect between single-player, co-op, and online.

Since the game is coming this Tuesday, I'm pretty excited despite not being able to play until next weekend. Maybe we'll have to set up a time to play.
Anyway, what side will you choose first? What class do you think you will favor? What body type?
The great thing is that you can have 10 characters saved, likely on Steam Cloud too, and be able to swap them around between matches. And if all this hasn't caught your interest, just take a glimpse at the videos at www.brinkthegame.com

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2011 06:30 #15564 by Dreyvas
I don't know how sold I am on the visuals, but the gameplay seems interesting. I'll probably wait for some reviews on this one.

More
08 May 2011 07:07 #15565 by Nacelle
It's LAN success depends on whether or not you can host a local server. We all know how Battlefield has played out in that regard.

More
08 May 2011 08:00 #15566 by Wingless92
On Weekend Confirmed they said that it was like a dumbed down class based shooter. I'm not sold on it either. I will not be buying this on day one. I don't think i'm going to miss anything either. Unless this is a slam dunk, i'm be going to pass.

More
08 May 2011 08:02 - 08 May 2011 08:08 #15567 by Shroud
There was no Brink topic, but I brought it up in a past forum and no one seemed interested in it at the time. (cause they are losers);)
I've been pretty excited about it for a long time now.
as for what I'm going for.
Probably security, Soldier,Heavy/Large body type... and I will get the biggest freaking gun I can get my hands on.

Edit: it's attitudes like you guys are showing that keeps us stuck in the age of BLops and its crappy clones. -totally kinda not serious.... a little- (singleplayer was good.. but I hate.. HATE the multiplayer.) Of course I can't say it's a bad game cause its sales show otherwise (plus that is just an opinion not a fact) But I say on the the future! onwards!
Last edit: 08 May 2011 08:08 by Shroud.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonresevil2

More
08 May 2011 08:17 - 08 May 2011 08:18 #15568 by Wingless92
I will be the first to admit that I hate Rockstar games. Sure they are fun but I always get lost in them. Red Dead was the same way.

Point is even good games in some people's eyes are shit games it other peoples eyes.

I have even heard an argument that Goldeneye 007 on Wii is better than Halo:Reach!

Like I said. I will do the wait and see for this game.

I did take your advice and picked up all the Mount and Blades and they are stupid fun.
Last edit: 08 May 2011 08:18 by Wingless92.

More
08 May 2011 08:27 #15570 by Shroud
Yeah, I get lost all the time too.... I think by law all games should have to release a demo that lets the players get to know that game a bit (on all platforms planned for release).

Mount and Blade has a few rough edges but they are addicting... I logged around 20 hours this past week on them.. of course I was offline cause I was in a cabin so I got nothing recorded on steam.

More
08 May 2011 17:18 #15573 by garfi3ld
im still watching the video's on the website. It looks like a very cool game, I think it could be a good time. I prob won't get it at launch just for money reasons. But I hope to pick it up at some point

Wes

More
08 May 2011 18:11 #15582 by cytog64
I played the Xb360 dev preview edition of this at Quakecon. It was fun in the team fortress sense...but it did not have anything new that we dont have already.

More
08 May 2011 19:56 - 08 May 2011 19:57 #15584 by h4lt
Already pre-ordered. Looks like an awesome game, but only time will tell. I'm hoping there is a LAN feature. The SMART movement system kinda remind of of Mirrors Edge, which is cool if it works out in a FPS setting.

There is a lot of info (and leaked videos :whistle: ) regarding Brink on Reddit .
Last edit: 08 May 2011 19:57 by h4lt.

More
10 May 2011 14:47 #15605 by Nacelle
From their blog.

Will Brink have LAN support for PC? – Cinna Cinna

Yes, you can create LAN games in the PC version of the game. Everyone looking to play in the game will need a connection to the internet for the initial authorization check, but after that, all the action will be happening locally on the LAN server.

More
10 May 2011 18:27 #15606 by Shroud
I bet there is allready a crack out to bypass the online authorization check.:laugh:

More
10 May 2011 18:33 #15607 by Wingless92
Played a bit last night and I was not blown away. Watch for it tomorrow in Gaming News!

More
10 May 2011 20:32 #15608 by J_E_R_O_M_E

Wingless92 wrote: Played a bit last night and I was not blown away. Watch for it tomorrow in Gaming News!

So much for not getting it at launch and doing the wait and see plan. LOL. ;)

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

More
10 May 2011 20:55 #15609 by Wingless92
Yep, looks like some of us wasted $50.

More
10 May 2011 23:52 #15615 by garfi3ld
i heard the single player isn't good but the multiplayer is

Wes

More
11 May 2011 00:57 #15619 by Wingless92
I am not sure so don't quote me on this but I have yet to play a multiplayer match. There is free for all where you can set the rules but I haven't seen an option to just play online. Maybe I haven't seen it.

More
11 May 2011 01:21 #15620 by Wingless92
Starting the Brink preview. Look out for Gaming News at midnight.

More
11 May 2011 01:57 #15622 by Dreyvas

Wingless92 wrote: I am not sure so don't quote me on this but I have yet to play a multiplayer match. There is free for all where you can set the rules but I haven't seen an option to just play online. Maybe I haven't seen it.

Multiplayer is the only thing the site promoted when I visited a few days ago (and will be 99% of what people play after the first day or two with the game), so that's what I'm interested in hearing about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

More
11 May 2011 02:54 #15623 by jj_Sky5000
my next $59 is going for BF3 !!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas, L0rdG1gabyt3

More
11 May 2011 02:56 #15624 by Wingless92

jj_Sky5000 wrote: my next $59 is going for BF3 !!!!

Good thing Brink is only $49.99 then!

More
11 May 2011 03:11 #15627 by Dreyvas

Me too, can't wait.

More
11 May 2011 03:34 #15628 by Nacelle
Although I'm excited for BF3, I'm getting plenty of playtime on BC2. I'm not sure if I'm ready for a new one yet.

More
11 May 2011 03:41 #15629 by Wingless92
BF2 is a great game, with great support.

More
11 May 2011 03:52 #15632 by jj_Sky5000
bf2 or bfbc2 ? lol i like them all, i havnt touch flops. i have alway loved the big battle field area with differnt classes and vehicle from bf1942,dc, bf2 bf2142 all awesome games. when i can aim 2 feet above somebody's head from half a mile away and kill them with one shot man that is awesome.

More
11 May 2011 07:43 #15638 by L0rdG1gabyt3

That may be the only game I actually PAY for this year! ;)

More
14 May 2011 06:54 #15682 by Leonresevil2
Picked up BF2 on the EA sale. I figure 3 will be good, but I want to put in time with other games first. Kinda like Portal 2.

As for Brink, I'll be playing it tonight when it downloads, and I think I will enjoy it. My thought was, when buying it just before launch, was that I paid about the same for Homefront, and Brink will definitely be better than that. No snipe camping, more focus on teamwork, and dedicated servers at launch. And the game was focused on multiplayer. I may put up some thoughts when I get time into it.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
16 May 2011 03:41 #15697 by Leonresevil2
I've played it, I like it. Review:
Warning: Spoiler!

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
16 May 2011 05:12 #15706 by garfi3ld
this makes me want to try it more

Wes

More
16 May 2011 07:42 #15713 by Shroud
I enjoy brink alot, takes a little getting use to but it is fun, one of my top favorite shooters for anything recent.

We have 2005 guests and no members online

supportus