Ok so this mod is already finished but I'm going to edit all the pics and post the entire build log here.
I have a large 2-piece Husky toolbox that obviously houses all of my tools. The bottom right drawer is a deep one (takes up two vertical spots) and is full of nothing but spare nuts and bolts. I took the two drawers out of the bottom right spot on the top box and put them in the bottom right part of the lower box and just ditched the large junk drawer. It's in this spot that I put the PC.
A HUGE thank you goes out to Thermaltake who have graciously sponsored this build with a ton of their new watercooling gear. This includes the following:
Pacific PT20 Reservoir/pump combo
Pacific RL240 Radiator
W2 CPU Block
V-Tubler 3T Tubing
Coolant 1000 Red
2x Pacific G 1/4 45º fitting
2x Pacific G 1/4 90º fitting
6x Pacific 3/8" x 5/8" Compression fitting
4x Riing 12 Red LED Fans
AMD A10 6800k
WD Caviar Black 320GB 2.5" HDD
Radeon HD7350 2GB
8GB Corsiar Vengeance LP 1600
220W 1U server PSU
Cooling by Thermaltake
Lamptron CW611 Controller
Windows 10 64-bit
Logitech MK100 wireless keyboard and mouse
17" Dell monitor
I painted the i/o part black and installed the i/o shield.
With the motherboard mounted to the lower plate I marked and cut out slots for the wiring to pass through.
Here I have the panel riveted into place. I also cut out the hole and mounts for the rear 120mm exhaust fan and added some rubber trim to help seal the fan against any kind of bugs that might like to get in.
I decided to order a full set of silicone dust covers from Mod Cover seeing how this PC will be in a pretty rough environment. I got enough to fill out the back panel (minus the ports I’ll be using) as well as two more USB plugs for when the front USB 3’s aren’t in use and some SATA port and internal USB/audio port covers as well.
Now The Swiftech version of this CPU block comes with a red color plate but the Thermaltake version swaps the red for an orange. This simply won’t do seeing how everything else is red. Luckily I had a spare red plate from a Swiftech block I purchased a while back.
I laid out all of the acrylic parts on some plywood and hit them with a few coats of matte black spray paint.
While the paint was drying I took to cutting gout the 240mm radiator hole in the side of the box. I did some measuring and used an old 240mm grill to mark the cutout then went to town with my air cutoff wheel.
Here it is after some filing and sanding to make it even.
Here I mounted the fans with the RL240 radiator with some red anodized button head bolts. Once it was mounted I installed the 240mm size Demci filter to filter the intake air.
After everything was mounted it was time to run the tubing! Let me tell you – the Tt 3/8” x 5/8” tubing is SUPER TIGHT in the 3/8” x 5/8” compression fittings they make. You can see in the pic that I had to leave some marginally tightened and let the tubing flex before I fully tightened them.
And a quick shot while I was wiring up the fan controller.
Here it is all up and running. I was using a USB keyboard temporarily as I was out of AAA batteries for my wireless keyboard.
I noticed that the Demci filter was being pulled in by the two fans and the filter was rubbing on the fan hubs. I solved that problem by loosening two bolts on each fan and running some stainless safety wire between them. This works perfectly for keeping the filter off of the fans.