New Build / Wife's PC

More
29 Oct 2013 19:00 #33194 by Sideout
So the wife decided she wanted a smaller PC. I saw the Cooler Master N200 review on here and thought that would be a good place to start with a build. Off we went to Microcenter on a nice Sunday for some shopping. Here is the build list:

Intel Core i5-4570S Haswell CPU
Asrock Z87M-Extreme4 mATX Motherboard
Crucial Ballistic Sport 8G PC3-12800 Memory Kit
Cooler Master N200 Case
Corsair H60 Closed Loop Water Cooling kit
Sabrent 3.5" Multi-purpose card reader

From her old system I took:

Seasonic 600Watt 80Plus Bronze Power Supply
EVGA 560TI 1G Video Card
OCZ 120G SSD
Seagate 500G SATA 6G HDD
Memorex DVD-RW

I put it all together without the water cooling to see just where I thought I could fit the radiator in the system. I settled on mounting the radiator in the front of the case with the cooling fan actually on the outside just underneath the front bezel cover.

This let me have the cooling lines have almost no bend in them at all. The 560Ti is kind of long but it still fits.

I really need to get her a modular power supply next. (maybe I will get lucky and win one at the next LAN here soon!!!)

Otherwise , the system runs great. The H60 does an awesome job of keeping the Core i5-4570S under 110F even when gaming. Here are the pics:

(I know I need better wire management!!!!)

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

I am the LAN!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2013 23:16 #33195 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic New Build / Wife's PC
nice! How does she like it?

Wes

More
29 Oct 2013 23:33 #33196 by Sideout
Replied by Sideout on topic New Build / Wife's PC
Well of course it is the wrong color (it should be pink she says!!!) and she said it could be smaller , but overall she is happy.

It is smaller and quieter than her previous system and that got passed down to the 2nd oldest as he is a big FPS player and needed a system upgrade.

I am the LAN!!!!

More
29 Oct 2013 23:50 #33197 by garfi3ld
Pull it apart and send it over to speedbump, he can powdercoat it :D

Wes

More
30 Oct 2013 01:57 #33198 by Sideout
I wonder how much that costs?

I am the LAN!!!!

More
30 Oct 2013 04:52 - 30 Oct 2013 04:58 #33199 by SpeedBump
Replied by SpeedBump on topic New Build / Wife's PC
I will check and see if I have any Hot pink powder left and if I do, you ship the case to me...I will "pink" it up and ship it back. Toss me a $20 spot and u pay to ship it back. Cheep and EZ...that's me!

On a side note, you will have to find some hot pink paint for the plastic front bezel as I can't do anything with it and I know I don't have any pink paint left. You should be able to find some at a craft shop or modeling store.

Show the wife this...
My Daughter's Pink Computer
Last edit: 30 Oct 2013 04:58 by SpeedBump.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sideout

More
30 Oct 2013 12:09 #33200 by Sideout
Okay. If you do then let me know. I can easily ship it you and give you a return label for shipping back.

Thanks!!!

I am the LAN!!!!

More
30 Oct 2013 15:38 #33202 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic New Build / Wife's PC
Beautiful build so far. Can I haz when its done! B)

More
30 Oct 2013 18:20 #33206 by renegade
Replied by renegade on topic New Build / Wife's PC
That water cooler looks familiar. Wonder where you got that. :)

More
01 Nov 2013 00:27 #33216 by SpeedBump
I checked. I have enough pink to do your case. After telling you to send it, I realized you are gonna have to have it stripped to bare metal. (That is one of the pita things about powder coating anything.) I do have a guy local here that can do it, but it will cost you about $30-$40 for him to strip it. If you have anyone local to you who can either strip, or sandblast it, that's good too. Let me know what you wanna do.

More
01 Nov 2013 15:22 #33219 by Sideout
I dont know anyone to strip it here so I will have your local guy do it. I dont think there will be time to get done and back before Nexus do you? I can overnite it both ways.

I am the LAN!!!!

More
01 Nov 2013 15:45 #33220 by garfi3ld
Sideout let me know if you need any vinyl work done for it.

Wes

More
02 Nov 2013 07:00 #33221 by SpeedBump

Sideout wrote: I dont know anyone to strip it here so I will have your local guy do it. I dont think there will be time to get done and back before Nexus do you? I can overnite it both ways.

For my part, I can do the powder coating in 1 evening. The problem will be if I can get it stripped fast enough. I will call him tomorrow and see if I can get a rush job. (Not 100% sure he is there on weekends, but he is a good friend of my Father's, so I can call him at home if need be.) I can probably get it done and back to you and you will have to finish up the painting on the bezel and such. Check this out. Krylon makes some pink looks as close as can be. www.amazon.com/Krylon-KSCS039-Short-Aero...-Ounce/dp/B000GLE1A8 You may be able to find it local instead of online. Make some calls and i will do my best on my end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sideout

More
04 Nov 2013 22:13 - 04 Nov 2013 22:15 #33240 by SpeedBump
Well, not good news on my end. My friend Paul who owns the company to strip stuff. Just got a 1954 Panel truck in to dip. (yes, his stripping tanks are large enough to do vehicles) and said he can't get to us for at least a week. So, that kills this idea for now, unless you can have it stripped on your end.

My suggestion, just roll to the LAN as is, once back, tear things down and strip it yourself. It isn't all that hard, just takes some time doing it by hand. I have done this quite a few times and found AirCraft Stripper to work the best. www.tcpglobal.com/AutoBodyDepot/ItemDeta...KTzLoCFUie4AodKXwA7A A quart goes a good ways and you can also find it in handy aerosol spray cans. If time isn't gonna be a big concern, ship it out and I can get Paul to do it.

BTW, this is his company. www.mecchemicals.com/
Last edit: 04 Nov 2013 22:15 by SpeedBump.

More
05 Nov 2013 01:07 #33244 by Sideout
Okay. Will do. I think I might have access to a shotpen machine as well.

I am the LAN!!!!

We have 2012 guests and no members online

supportus