normal Odd Asus Motherboard

More
11 Mar 2012 02:56 - 11 Mar 2012 02:56 #23722 by Arxon
Odd Asus Motherboard was created by Arxon
Found this motherboard on tigerdirect. Cool but very odd looking.

www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchT...o=7343078&CatId=6978

Last edit: 11 Mar 2012 02:56 by Arxon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2012 03:10 #23723 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Odd Asus Motherboard
have you seen the pictures posted on the LanOC Reviews facebook page?

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2012 04:59 - 11 Mar 2012 05:07 #23724 by Hasbeen
Replied by Hasbeen on topic Re: Odd Asus Motherboard
I actually like this board and I am debating whether to purchase this board or the Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z. My current Phenom X2 and 880g board was just supposed to be a minor fill in for my old and dead Athlon 64 while I saved to get a much better Intel setup. That was over a year ago :(

Really can't decide which way to go though. I was thinking about just dropping this board and and a 2500K into my current case and call it done but I kinda liked Lan Box V2 Wingless has. Either way I go I expect Asus to not let me down.

The one pictured here and the one on the LanOC FB page seem to be ever so slightly different. Was the one on the FB page a new revision or something?
Last edit: 11 Mar 2012 05:07 by Hasbeen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2012 05:26 - 11 Mar 2012 05:28 #23725 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic Re: Odd Asus Motherboard
I have a Gene-Z and love it. Just seen the pics on lanoc FB. Both are odd but a smart design to stop the accidental screwdriver drop damage.
Last edit: 11 Mar 2012 05:28 by Arxon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2012 06:06 #23726 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Odd Asus Motherboard

Hasbeen wrote: I actually like this board and I am debating whether to purchase this board or the Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z. My current Phenom X2 and 880g board was just supposed to be a minor fill in for my old and dead Athlon 64 while I saved to get a much better Intel setup. That was over a year ago :(

Really can't decide which way to go though. I was thinking about just dropping this board and and a 2500K into my current case and call it done but I kinda liked Lan Box V2 Wingless has. Either way I go I expect Asus to not let me down.

The one pictured here and the one on the LanOC FB page seem to be ever so slightly different. Was the one on the FB page a new revision or something?


the one on facebook.. well lets just say I can't say what chipset it is

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2012 07:56 #23729 by Hasbeen
Replied by Hasbeen on topic Re: Odd Asus Motherboard

garfi3ld wrote: the one on facebook.. well lets just say I can't say what chipset it is


So why is this a big secret? At closer examination it says Z77 right on the board.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2012 08:43 #23730 by draymac
Replied by draymac on topic Re: Odd Asus Motherboard
I actually own(just put it in ;-) the 990fx amd version of this board. It is a beast of a motherboard...The board carries a 5 year parts warranty and they are not kidding around with it. The grade of capacitors and resistors is top notch!

Now if they only released that motherboard cover for ALL their sabretooth models! :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2012 09:26 #23731 by L0rdG1gabyt3

Hasbeen wrote:

garfi3ld wrote: the one on facebook.. well lets just say I can't say what chipset it is


So why is this a big secret? At closer examination it says Z77 right on the board.

From what Ive read, the Z77 Sabertooth even has slot covers as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2012 09:38 #23732 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic Re: Odd Asus Motherboard
different looking. but seems like a solid board! B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We have 945 guests and one member online

supportus