Tell me about your Computer Jobs!

More
08 Mar 2012 20:41 #23674 by Teh_tourist

DrDeath wrote: BTW, the company I work for is hiring 20 network engineers and 10 project managers if anyone is interested. All are full-time positions in the Cincinnati area. CCNA is a must and CCNP is a plus. Salary will be around the above mentioned.

I was studying the CCNA material before I landed a job in late 2010. I am however Network+, Security+, and A+ certified from CompTia. Plus three years of pc repair work and have been covering almost everything IT related at my current job. I PMed you my e-mail address, if you think I may be a good candidate please send me and e-mail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2012 09:16 #23692 by Slash_Fury
Hey DrDeath! I don't suppose you'd have anything just a bit north of Cinci, would you? Preferably within Dayton? I'm planning on going to Wright State main campus next year and a job opportunity would be wonderful, even if just part-time. Also, CCNA certified here with a growing knowledge of ASAs (though they still make me shudder).

More
10 Mar 2012 04:35 #23705 by DrDeath

Slash_Fury wrote: Hey DrDeath! I don't suppose you'd have anything just a bit north of Cinci, would you? Preferably within Dayton? I'm planning on going to Wright State main campus next year and a job opportunity would be wonderful, even if just part-time. Also, CCNA certified here with a growing knowledge of ASAs (though they still make me shudder).

Hey that's where I went to college (Wright state, wrong college)! Anyway, the way I look at it is this: You can go to Wright State and spend $30K on a degree that may or may not produce for you in the future, or, you can spend $5K and study your butt off to pass the CCNP exam which will make you valuable in IT coupled with your ASA knowledge. I'm not saying college is a rip off, but the money you can make with the right IT certs will far out weight the money a non-specialized degree will make for you. I was actually born and raised in Dayton, but moved down to Cincy because Dayton is a black hole for jobs. Good luck man!

More
10 Mar 2012 06:48 #23706 by garfi3ld
where in Dayton?

Wes

More
12 Mar 2012 16:52 #23742 by Slash_Fury
Not exactly sure yet. Planning on trying to get fairly close to Wright State.

We have 2209 guests and one member online

supportus