Swiftech H220 is letting me down for the last time

More
23 Sep 2014 02:06 #35699 by elguapo
I'll try to keep the backstory only filled with relevant details, but I kind of just need to get it all out, because its the most ridiculous saga ever.

I ordered my H220 from NCIX just a little over a year ago right after they stopped selling them in the US, and I was eager to get back into watercooling since I had long retired my Koolance all in one case. By November it was dead, called in to what i thought would be an easy RMA process, gave Bryan@swiftech my info and waited...

16 days roll by and still nothing, so I email them and find out my info has been "misplaced" but they get one out to me in about a week, but its DOA (i thought) we do some troubleshooting and by December we are back up and running. Then March hits (see the patten yet?) Go through the troubleshooting email thing AGAIN, sounds to me like the impeller is going bad, they are convinced its an air bubble from me installing it upsidedown
(they ship them with fans mounted on the wrong side of the radiator, they say the fill tube should face up, probably correct, but why ship them that way?) :whistle:

Finally get ANOTHER RMA a week or so later but I cant install it because apparently they changed the AMD mounting bracket holes JUUUUUST a smidge and they old screws I have from the previous 2 kits dont fit....they send me some washers and its back installed in April...

Now its September and It just started getting super loud,(playing Endless Space!) just like the last time >_> I don't even feel like getting this one RMA'd :/ Im sure there are people out there whose H220's work great, but I can't help but have a bad taste in my mouth with what would be my 4th RMA in 12 months.

TL;DR
How does I shot web?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2014 02:47 #35701 by Deb0
As far as the sound thing goes I couldn't tell you what level of loud is too much since I'm used to ambient noise around 40-45dBA but my Glacer 240L (the H220 that isn't the H220 so they can sell it in America) has been running just fine for about 10 months now. Two units is still a small enough sample size to say that perhaps you just have incredibly bad luck or perhaps that the outside of the country shipping may be ruining them before they get to you. Still, if you like the performance the Glacer 240L is almost exactly the same unit with a slightly tweaked pump.

More
23 Sep 2014 23:58 #35707 by elguapo
Its def not just a noise issue, its the impeller going bad, it's a pretty distinct noise you don't really forget.(and according to their forums/complaints a pretty frequent issue)

This is my 3rd unit going bad, so if/when I rma this one it will be my 4th unit in just over a year (shipping from swiftech in california)
I think 4 RMA's in a year is enough of a sample size for me to say that these units are a failed product. Probably why they changed the pump in the H220X (besides the Asetek stuff)

More
25 Sep 2014 01:46 #35712 by garfi3ld
:( This is crazy

Wes

More
24 Dec 2014 17:45 #36012 by VaporX
I hate to say this but I have heard the same complaints from others with the system and with the new one they did for Coolermaster, seems to be a pump design flaw. This is sad because I LOVE the concept of the design.

We have 1567 guests and one member online

supportus