Kingston - DataTraveler 109 Gen2 32GB USB Drive

More
25 Jun 2013 00:35 - 25 Jun 2013 00:52 #31542 by Wingcmdr77
www.bestbuy.com/site/Kingston+Technology...id=4923328&sellerId=

While I'm not going to write anywhere near the level of the professional reviewers here at LanOC.Org do; I'd like to tell that the Data Traveler is very small, sturdy, and visually pleasing even in purple; being semi see through. Oh and the swivel design is awesome. Compared to my older Kingston Data Traveler from a couple years ago, this one has it beat hands down! B)

The on board software I usually find useless and prefer to just reformat them to make reclaim every last bit of space. However, I do not think I'm going to this time, the little apps with built in browser, encryption software, and cloud usage all fun to play with.

It's definately fast out of the gate with great sustained speeds of 35-40 mbps on a regular HDD and better on an SSD of course.

It's still on Clearance at BestBuy.com, pick one up or get one for free if you had enough Best Buy Rewards points like I did. No cost at all, plus free shipping.
As a matter of fact you might say I had no choice I kept getting automatic e-mails from Best Buy saying my Reward Zone Points were expiring on 6/22/2013. So I had to choose fairly fast, apparently I just kept on putting them off.

Lost $10.00 dollars last year that way, however now beginning in a few months they will no longer expire. If you log into your account you'll see pop up with the new info or it may end up getting e-mailed to you.
Last edit: 25 Jun 2013 00:52 by Wingcmdr77.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2013 17:27 #31543 by Lersar
Slightly on topic, if you didn't catch the article from CES this year, they had some displays that showed a bunch of previous product models. They even noted some of them weren't very pocket-friendly. :)

We actually used to have a bunch of these when I was in high school. Everyone had a different color based on capacity, it was pretty cool. Though back then 8GB would've been huge.

More
25 Jun 2013 17:36 #31544 by Wingcmdr77
Hey if you distract the people around that case with those wonderful presents Lersar, we'll split the goodies 50/50. :silly:

We have 1564 guests and no members online

supportus