Time for a change and I need some suggestions

More
17 Mar 2013 16:05 #29932 by Hasbeen
So it is time for a change of peripherals. I'm planning on retiring my super cheap keyboard along with my aging CM Sentinel Advance. I've checked out the reviews on the site as well as read reviews on other sites, but I want to know what you guys thought of your current gear. Plus anything you can think of that I might want to consider before I replace my gear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2013 20:48 #29933 by Deb0
Both lines of Corsair peripherals, both the 60 and the 90 series are pretty stout. I tend to gravitate toward the 90 series because the primary focus of my gaming in MMOs and MOBAs but the response I've heard about the fps-centric 60 series is equally good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davey_Boy

More
17 Mar 2013 23:29 #29937 by garfi3ld
do you need/want a lot of buttons on your mouse

are you thinking mechanical or non mechanical on your keyboard

do you need macro keys on your keyboard

what did you think of your CM mouse, is there anything you would change?

Wes

More
18 Mar 2013 00:12 #29939 by renegade
I have not had good times with the M90's seen 2 of them break in few weeks of use.

More
18 Mar 2013 00:29 - 18 Mar 2013 00:30 #29940 by h4lt
I've always been a fan of Logitech mice (G9 & MX518) I'm more of an FPS gamer at heart, so I don't really care for all the crazy buttons on my mice. I tend to go for comfort and usability.

For non-mechanical keybaord, I'd go with a Saitek Ecplipse, and for Mechanical I'd go with a Razer Blackwidow. I've had both of those keyboards and loved both (although I do miss my Saitek).
Last edit: 18 Mar 2013 00:30 by h4lt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
18 Mar 2013 00:32 #29941 by Wingless92
Love the SteelSeries Sensei. I have two of them, one for home one for LAN's.

As for keyboards I like the Logitech's. I use the built in LCD so much it's crazy. I would buy the Logitech mechanical but it doesn't have an LCD. If it doesn't have an LCD, I won't even consider it.

More
18 Mar 2013 01:20 #29942 by Lersar

Wingless92 wrote: If it doesn't have an LCD, I won't even consider it.

That's what she said?

Actual contribution: Sensei +1

More
18 Mar 2013 01:23 #29943 by Wingless92
That would be LSD

Yea, I have never found a better mouse.

More
18 Mar 2013 01:34 #29946 by Dreyvas

h4lt wrote: I've always been a fan of Logitech mice (G9 & MX518) I'm more of an FPS gamer at heart, so I don't really care for all the crazy buttons on my mice. I tend to go for comfort and usability.

For non-mechanical keybaord, I'd go with a Saitek Ecplipse, and for Mechanical I'd go with a Razer Blackwidow. I've had both of those keyboards and loved both (although I do miss my Saitek).

Agreed on mice for sure. MX518/G600 are where it's at. Haven't used the Blackwidow but I roll with this keyboard right now and it's utterly fantastic.

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129003
The following user(s) said Thank You: h4lt

More
18 Mar 2013 01:37 #29947 by Wingless92
I used one of the Quick Fire keyboards at Wes's house awhile ago and really liked it.

Just didn't have that darn LCD, lol.

More
19 Mar 2013 02:32 - 19 Mar 2013 02:36 #29962 by SpeedBump
Logitech mice=awesome. Mech Keyboards=awesome. MX518 was my favorite mouse until I got my grubbies on a G5. Basically the same feel with more options. Used it for about 2 years until the wheel started flakin out. RMA'd it only to find out they do not make it anymore. They sent me a G500 and I hated it. Just couldn't get used to the side buttons in a slightly diff position. Now, after about a year on it, using my son's G5 seems very odd and prefer the G500.

Keyboards, got a Saitek Eclipse, love it. Lots of worn off keys from years of use/abuse. Bought the Mionix Mechanical from the fella who won it at the last LANOC and it worked quite well. Didn't really dig the Cherry Black keyswitches in it, but overall...very nice and great build quality. One small, VERY annoying issue with it. Windows has a hard time finding it after a reboot. Unplug, replug it in and good to go. I do lots of overclocking and that entails LOTS of restarts which equals LOTS of PITA plug ins.

My current Keyboard, CMStorm Trigger Mech. Got a first place at Fites Case Mod and this was the prize (along with $50 Steam Cash ^^) Gave the Mionix to my daughter and I'm really digging the CM. Lighter MX Blues and NO recognition issues.
My son has the Black Widow Ultimate and loves it. Very few recog issues, but every once in a while..hiccup. He came off the Logitech G19 and really loved the LCD as well. After a few weeks gaming with the Razer...sold the G19 to a buddy and has never looked back.

Now for suggestions. Can't go wrong with the Logitech stuff for Mice. If you need more buttons and such...gonna have to prob look elsewhere.
Keyboards. If you are not sure you wanna drop $100+ on a mech, try out one of the barebone Rosewill Mechs out there. Basically, same boards minus the bells and whistles of the more expensive ones. I see them on sale for about $50-$60 at the Egg all the time. My bet, you pick one up and use it for a while...you will completely forget about the little dinky LCD you have grown to love. ;)
Last edit: 19 Mar 2013 02:36 by SpeedBump.

More
20 Mar 2013 23:08 #30041 by Dreyvas
btw I totally meant Logitech G400

More
21 Mar 2013 06:01 #30053 by CrazyBillyBob
I still love my CM Sentinel Advance... In fact I have 2 one at work and one at home... Still a solid bit of kit.

But a Mechanical keyboard is a must.

More
21 Mar 2013 06:51 #30056 by garfi3ld
With all of this logitech talk, they just relaunched almost all of the Gaming lineup today

Wes

More
21 Mar 2013 08:27 #30058 by evildoer
Do yourself a favor and stay away from Corsair.

I've had two M90 mice, one was LAN dedicated and the sensor died. The button placement is terrible too.

I had two K90 mechanical keyboards.. one that was LAN dedicated, and the keys pop off way too easily. The one I'm using right now, I've had a button just flat out stop working.

Corsair 2000 Series wireless headset.. again I used for LANs only, and a week and a half ago the damn thing broke at a Nexus mini!!! No issues with the Logitech G35 I've used daily for nearly two years!

I've had nothing but issues with my Corsair products that I've dedicated to LANs.

More
21 Mar 2013 08:47 #30059 by garfi3ld
Ive heard a lot of people have had trouble with the 2000 headset

Not so much with the mice. Also didn't I warn you that the button placement on the M90 wasn't ideal :D

What keys were popping off? The Mech keys shouldn't be any different that any other key. They all use Cherry switches with the same plus sign on the top

Wes

More
22 Mar 2013 01:05 #30085 by Hasbeen
Well first I'd like to thank everyone for their input. Secondly I believe I've made/narrowed down my choices.

Keyboard:
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129006
If not this then the full 10 key version

New pad:
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826994025

As for the mouse I was really caught between these:
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816009

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826249092

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153072

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826570016

I really like the layout of many of the G series Logitech mice, but I ended up hating their software a couple of years ago. Main reason being it was somehow conflicting with other peripheral's software and I couldn't resolve it. Then a friend gave me the CM sentinel and no more conflicts. Oddly enough I no longer have the CM software installed for this mouse either :laugh:

More
22 Mar 2013 01:09 #30086 by garfi3ld
good picks

I personally wouldn't get the Sentinel Advance II but a lot of people do like the shape. If I had to pick in order

Sensei Raw
Corsair M65
Deathadder

I would also suggest looking at the Sensei Raw with the rubber finish, the gloss can get a little weird

Wes

More
22 Mar 2013 01:13 #30087 by Dreyvas

Hasbeen wrote: Well first I'd like to thank everyone for their input. Secondly I believe I've made/narrowed down my choices.

Keyboard:
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129006
If not this then the full 10 key version

New pad:
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826994025

As for the mouse I was really caught between these:
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816009

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826249092

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153072

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826570016

I really like the layout of many of the G series Logitech mice, but I ended up hating their software a couple of years ago. Main reason being it was somehow conflicting with other peripheral's software and I couldn't resolve it. Then a friend gave me the CM sentinel and no more conflicts. Oddly enough I no longer have the CM software installed for this mouse either :laugh:

You're gonna absolutely love the CM Storm.

More
22 Mar 2013 01:15 #30088 by garfi3ld
really the only thing it is missing is good backlighting. They made the TK with it though, but you do have to adjust to the keyboard layout on the TK

Wes

More
22 Mar 2013 07:28 #30093 by SpeedBump

Hasbeen wrote:

I never use the software..just plug and play. All my G series...about 6 over the last few years..flawless without additional software.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld, Dreyvas

We have 2204 guests and one member online

supportus