USB 3.0 Support Windows 7

More
14 Nov 2012 02:31 #28428 by Wingcmdr77
I've been reading on the internet Windows isnt going to get a SP2 anytime soon. So I'm assuming that means no added native USB 3.0 support.

Anyone heard anything else on the matter? :S For now it seems as the chip set vendors are the only ones whom are going to be putting it out as they already have...

:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2012 03:33 #28429 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic USB 3.0 Support Windows 7
It's really all about native support on the chipsets and then integrating those drivers into windows.

native USB 3.0 is starting to make it way into all of the chipsets though

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wingcmdr77

More
14 Nov 2012 03:46 #28431 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic USB 3.0 Support Windows 7
Just upgrade to Windows 8 if you can do it cheaply or for free through a school. It kicks ass for gaming and for computing in general, I've been on it for over a week now with virtually no issues. Performance is amazing (better than W7 even, I'd say), and I just ignore the Metro UI completely and do everything via the desktop environment. The only thing I miss from the Start menu is program launching, but you can right-click the lower left-hand corner of the screen to access this menu:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wingcmdr77

More
15 Nov 2012 06:30 #28448 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic USB 3.0 Support Windows 7

Dreyvas wrote: Just upgrade to Windows 8 if you can do it cheaply or for free through a school. It kicks ass for gaming and for computing in general, I've been on it for over a week now with virtually no issues. Performance is amazing (better than W7 even, I'd say), and I just ignore the Metro UI completely and do everything via the desktop environment. The only thing I miss from the Start menu is program launching, but you can right-click the lower left-hand corner of the screen to access this menu:

Have you seen the detailed view when transferring files? It's the little things in life...

More
15 Nov 2012 10:51 #28449 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic USB 3.0 Support Windows 7

Lersar wrote:

Dreyvas wrote: Just upgrade to Windows 8 if you can do it cheaply or for free through a school. It kicks ass for gaming and for computing in general, I've been on it for over a week now with virtually no issues. Performance is amazing (better than W7 even, I'd say), and I just ignore the Metro UI completely and do everything via the desktop environment. The only thing I miss from the Start menu is program launching, but you can right-click the lower left-hand corner of the screen to access this menu:

Have you seen the detailed view when transferring files? It's the little things in life...

Oh yeah. Good stuff.

We have 1561 guests and no members online

supportus