Ice Cream Sandwich (Android

More
18 Jul 2012 15:57 - 18 Jul 2012 16:38 #26257 by Twodavez
So my phone finally downloaded Icecream Sandwich last night (Thanks sprint/Samsung for the delay :dry: )! And i must say it looks pretty good. More options and i always find it intersting how they change things up. Not sure if it's all Samsung or Android making the changes, but i like them so far...
Any tips or tricks i should know to get these new settings dialed in?
Thanks!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
Last edit: 18 Jul 2012 16:38 by Twodavez.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2012 18:03 #26260 by Dreyvas
To easily uninstall apps, long-press them in the app drawer. Drag and drop the app icon on the uninstall option that appears, and you're done.

More
18 Jul 2012 19:17 #26263 by Twodavez
I breifly searched, but i can't get Swype to work with my texting... I use Go Launcher and Go SMS Pro, and i get a "Unable to load EnglishUS" error... I've searched a little but most of the posts are several years old, so the options they talk about aren't available on this newer version.
I just need to do more searching at home where i can access all the forum sites that contain all the goodies i need!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
19 Jul 2012 11:54 - 19 Jul 2012 11:56 #26290 by Brandonxcore
Jelly Bean is releasing now, I have Cyanogenmod9 on my HP Touchpad, I really love ICS, but i'm excited about Jelly Bean, it's a refined ICS. You have folders now im pretty sure if you drag the app from the homescreen on another app.
Last edit: 19 Jul 2012 11:56 by Brandonxcore.

More
19 Jul 2012 16:33 #26292 by Twodavez

Brandonxcore wrote: Jelly Bean is releasing now, I have Cyanogenmod9 on my HP Touchpad, I really love ICS, but i'm excited about Jelly Bean, it's a refined ICS. You have folders now im pretty sure if you drag the app from the homescreen on another app.

Wow, this just shows how much the 3rd parties such as Sprint and Samsung screw up the release and make sure to take time to add their bloatware before releasing to their phone.

More
20 Jul 2012 01:23 #26311 by Brandonxcore
What is your phone exactly? If there is a ton of bloatware, you can root your phone, install Titanium Backup ★ root, and go to town and delete all the bloatware you won't ever use. :)

More
20 Jul 2012 05:23 #26314 by Twodavez
It's the Samsung Galaxy SII
And i was actually able to uninstall all the new bloatware, so i was pretty happy. I kinda likte to have the warranty and ins, and really dont have a need to tether which i understand it the main reason to root.. But thanks for the offer

More
20 Jul 2012 05:47 #26319 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic Ice Cream Sandwich (Android
Tether and a longer battery life. If you got it at bestbuy you can pay for their 10 a month warranty plan that covers bricking your phone/tablet.

We have 1852 guests and no members online

supportus