Google Chrome

More
19 Jun 2012 04:48 #25797 by Twodavez
Google Chrome was created by Twodavez
OK, so i'm finally jumping on the tech train and upgrading myself to Google Chrome... What apps do i need and what should i know about the browser?

Thanks in advance for all the help! :)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wingcmdr77

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2012 05:18 #25798 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Re: Google Chrome
What you need to know: That Chrome is completely awesome.

Go into your settings and sign in on all your computers and your bookmarks will sync.

Extensions to get Adblock !
If your a craigslist fan, the extension called Craigslist Helper makes life really nice.

If you have an Android phone get Chrome 2 Phone, and send the webpage your surfing to your phone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wingcmdr77

More
19 Jun 2012 06:10 #25799 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Google Chrome
alexa sparky and last pass are what i use no ad block for me, this way I can make sure the websites I visit get paid

Wes

More
19 Jun 2012 06:33 #25800 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: Google Chrome

garfi3ld wrote: alexa sparky and last pass are what i use no ad block for me, this way I can make sure the websites I visit get paid

+100 for LastPass, best extension ever.

More
19 Jun 2012 07:25 #25801 by garfi3ld
i use it on everything, finally converted alex to chrome and last pass as well

Wes

More
21 Jun 2012 06:54 #25831 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic Re: Google Chrome
I've been a die hard Firefox Fan, but I'm just not as pleased as I am with IE now. I used to hate IE. Now I'm leaning more towards IE and even Chrome.

The only thing lately to cause me a little headache on Firefox was pages wouldnt load properly unless I tried several times. I doubled the Cache Size and deleted everything out. Which I didn't really want to do. But it seems to be working more.

Wonder if it has anything to do with IPV6 translation and some of that DNS Changer Virus how its all routed and what now. Ran an official check for the Virus on one of the pages to make sure the IP translation was affected and it came back fine. Did Bootable scan with antivirus. Didn't find anything.

Oh well. :laugh:

More
21 Jun 2012 06:59 #25832 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic Re: Google Chrome
My dad was having problems with firefox also. Seems like they are going downhill and people are switching to chrome or IE.

More
25 Jun 2012 20:54 #25892 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: Google Chrome
So i made the leap, and i must say i enjoy the few add-ons that i got for Chrome. I just had a few more questions:
Do i need to upgrade it like i did IE? or will it auto download and update it'self?
Last Pass - What if i want to sign into something (online banking) from a different computer? will this App and password creation remove the ability to have a "normal" password for my online banking? I just don't want to lock all my stuff up so that it can only be accessed from my PC at home only.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
25 Jun 2012 23:18 #25897 by Dreyvas

Twodavez wrote: So i made the leap, and i must say i enjoy the few add-ons that i got for Chrome. I just had a few more questions:
Do i need to upgrade it like i did IE? or will it auto download and update it'self?
Last Pass - What if i want to sign into something (online banking) from a different computer? will this App and password creation remove the ability to have a "normal" password for my online banking? I just don't want to lock all my stuff up so that it can only be accessed from my PC at home only.

Chrome automatically and seamlessly updates itself on Windows. No need to worry about that.

LastPass basically takes over password management from your browser. You can still use whatever password you want as an alternative to having LastPass generate a password. In either case, you can still sign into the site without LastPass being installed, you'd just have to have the password memorized.

More
25 Jun 2012 23:26 #25899 by garfi3ld
or in my case, because log into my google account in chrome. Chrome will automatically download and run the lastpass extension on every pc I jump on.

Wes

More
26 Jun 2012 00:03 #25900 by Twodavez

garfi3ld wrote: or in my case, because log into my google account in chrome. Chrome will automatically download and run the lastpass extension on every pc I jump on.

Now this is what i'm looking for! that's amazing. So now my phone (android) and any PC i sign-into will be ready for me! That's AWESOME!

Thanks all for the info

More
26 Jun 2012 00:55 #25903 by Dreyvas

Twodavez wrote:

garfi3ld wrote: or in my case, because log into my google account in chrome. Chrome will automatically download and run the lastpass extension on every pc I jump on.

Now this is what i'm looking for! that's amazing. So now my phone (android) and any PC i sign-into will be ready for me! That's AWESOME!

Thanks all for the info

Not quite. As Wes said, Chrome has to installed on the computer, and you have to sign into your own Google account in the browser settings. As far as Android, you have to buy LastPass premium to get a mobile version of the application. I believe it currently only works with the Dolphin browser. Personally, I just use AirDroid to copy and paste my passwords over to my Droid and sign in.

More
26 Jun 2012 03:37 #25907 by Twodavez
One thing odd i notice. When i am looking at the forums, when i click on a "1 New" it takes me to that post, but when i hit the back button, it's still there even though i clicked on it already and it's no longer new... IE must've refreshed every time i hit the back button as it would update when i went back. Is this a setting somewhere, or should i get used to not using the back button?

More
31 Jul 2012 04:35 #26667 by Twodavez
Have a Chrome question. When i sign into another computer and log-into my google account, will all my favorites appear also, or do i need to transfer them somehow?

More
31 Jul 2012 04:59 #26672 by Dreyvas

Twodavez wrote: Have a Chrome question. When i sign into another computer and log-into my google account, will all my favorites appear also, or do i need to transfer them somehow?

All of your bookmarks will automatically sync as soon as you sign in.

More
31 Jul 2012 05:40 #26673 by h4lt
Replied by h4lt on topic Re: Google Chrome
It may be a given, but you can Google search just by starting to type something in the address bar. Josh pointed that one out a few years ago and I have never looked back since :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
31 Jul 2012 05:46 #26674 by Twodavez
I know, but then how would you all feel important? :-)

We have 1658 guests and no members online

supportus