Sad week for my Computer Hardware

More
06 Jun 2012 04:22 #25497 by Wingcmdr77
Asked Wingless some advice on a spare PC build I was working on. Well, he suggested swapping out the PSU cause the system wouldnt power on. Took it too Lordgygabyte's shop and he tested the
PSU and works fine. As I really love my old Crosshair II I opted to get an RMA started to
ship it in to be fixed on my dime, its out of warranty by 5-6 months.

And this morning the Main gaming rig failed to turn over and come to life. PSU on this PC.
The brand-new/refurbed or whatever Antec I just got 4 days ago fired it to life and I used
this one today.

I shipped the Corsair under warranty today to be replaced. Corsair they don't send refurbs back
on PSU's they send brand new ones. That is awesome. So I guess if I really wanted to play
games I'll just use the Antec or wait about a week for the new one to get here.

Nothing else better die. Unless the warranties about up like that Antec PSU it died 1 month
till the warranty is up, so ya gotta love that! Got a newer more powerful PSU outta them
the old one wasnt 80 plus bronze. The new one is 80 plus Bronze with Hybrid Management. :)

So some good news in this thread. Some bad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2012 05:53 #25498 by Wingless92
Man, people have been having all sorts of hardware problems lately.

Side note, it has been proven that the 80 Plus rating on PSU's is a scam. Don't rely on them for your next PSU purchase. Read the reviews, that's what I do.

More
06 Jun 2012 06:32 #25499 by Wingcmdr77
understood on that wingless. :) the corsair gs800, has several good reviews on a few different
sites.I think I'll be okay once I get the new one. :) every now and then theirs
a bad egg with a product that shouldnt have left the factory. it happens.

We have 2476 guests and no members online

supportus