RF jamming on the 802.11x mainly focusing on the 2.4ghz (b and g)

More
18 Dec 2009 18:56 #1600 by Archaidence
ok i've been recently looking up rf(radio freq.) jamming. i came across a page that talked about how an old cell phone could be used to jam the frequency of surrounding cell phones by reprogramming the firmware and adding a few modifications. Now i began to think the wifi card in a laptop is already ment to send and recieve signal. Now heres my question could you write a program that would change the functionality of the card to broadcast NOISE a random signal that jams and knocks out any signal already air born. or is there a program out there that already does this.
would i need to create a new edited driver or write a program and if so in wat language would it have to be.
basically how do you turn your laptop into a wifi jammer :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2009 20:32 #1602 by Twodavez
I didn't know this site was being turned into a piracy site... What purpose would it serve to block radio transmissions?

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
18 Dec 2009 22:03 #1604 by NitrosDragon
Berto, go back to your hacker forums. =P

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
19 Dec 2009 01:53 #1607 by garfi3ld
im sure this could be made to work, it would really just have to rotate through each band long enough to disrupt anything using it.

Wes

More
19 Dec 2009 22:44 #1615 by Reaper
This cannot be done using a laptop. You need some specialized equipment or a crapload of attached & powered wifi cards. No wifi card that I'm aware of can switch channels that many times per second and even do a pulse-based jam, let alone have enough wattage behind the transmission to significantly block a large enough range to effect the network, unless you're pointed right at the WAP and it's dumb enough to think you're actually creating contention on the line that it needs to wait for. Regardless if you're not afraid of some theory..... www4.ncsu.edu/~mpachary/docs/acharya_OPNETWORK04.pdf ... that'll work for A / B / G .. whatever, you just need to have enough transmitters to cover the frequency range you want to nuke but more important is the wattage.

More
20 Dec 2009 04:16 #1616 by NitrosDragon
Wow.
/thread

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
03 Sep 2013 11:21 - 05 Sep 2013 06:59 #32565 by EttaBuchhen

Archaidence wrote: ok i've been recently looking up rf(radio freq.) jamming. i came across a page that talked about how an old cell phone could be used to jam the frequency of surrounding cell phones by reprogramming the firmware and adding a few modifications. Now i began to think the wifi card in a laptop is already ment to send and recieve signal. Now heres my question could you write a program that would change the functionality of the card to broadcast NOISE a random signal that jams and knocks out any signal already air born. or is there a program out there that already does this.
would i need to create a new edited driver or write a program and if so in wat language would it have to be.

Cell jammer is an interesting and helpful device when we don’t want to be bothered by the cell phone noise. I just bought myself a cell jammer the other day, it is working great and BTW, it’s legal here in my country.
Last edit: 05 Sep 2013 06:59 by EttaBuchhen.

More
03 Sep 2013 22:31 #32574 by Dreyvas

EttaBuchhen wrote:

Archaidence wrote: ok i've been recently looking up rf(radio freq.) jamming. i came across a page that talked about how an old cell phone could be used to jam the frequency of surrounding cell phones by reprogramming the firmware and adding a few modifications. Now i began to think the wifi card in a laptop is already ment to send and recieve signal. Now heres my question could you write a program that would change the functionality of the card to broadcast NOISE a random signal that jams and knocks out any signal already air born. or is there a program out there that already does this.

Cell jammer is an interesting and helpful device when we don’t want to be bothered by the cell phone noise. I just bought myself a cell jammer the other day, it is working great and BTW, it’s legal here in my country.

More
10 Sep 2013 13:22 - 12 Sep 2013 07:34 #32745 by MableSoffer
A teacher, or the prison, more and more ares are considering the legal use of cell phone jammers, it has been a necessity of our daily life, I have got one from jammerfromchina for my family. so if you want to get one, you can go and visit it for more details. share with you!
Last edit: 12 Sep 2013 07:34 by MableSoffer.

We have 1421 guests and no members online

supportus