Mac vs PC Windows 7 Commercial

More
12 Nov 2009 16:53 #1180 by Lersar
Just saw this, all I could think was ouch.

[youtube]BpOvzGiheOM[/youtube]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2009 17:02 #1181 by Nacelle
This ad has been on TV a lot lately. Yea, it doesn't have any of the problems of the previous version. They come up with new ones.

More
12 Nov 2009 17:25 #1182 by Twodavez
I like the one where they go to the people will all their boxes of stuff that they are going to move over... to a MAC since PC keeps changing systems and requiring items to be moved from one system to the next instead of just upgrading the system.
why can't windows just have a "service pack" for windows 7 and allow you to keep all your games, pics, music, and other stuff on the harddrive? Seems like a hassle every time they upgrade for people who ahve their pc set up the way they like it...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
12 Nov 2009 17:35 #1183 by Nacelle
That's not taking into account the people that format and start fresh at least once a year, anyways. Then there's JJ who starts fresh every-other week.

More
12 Nov 2009 18:44 #1185 by Twodavez
I couldn't imagine reinstalling windows unless i had to due to a virus or hardward failure. It takes too long to get all the folders set back up and the shortcuts where i want them. Not to mention installing all the games and loading saved game files...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
12 Nov 2009 18:54 #1189 by Shibumi

Twodavez wrote: I couldn't imagine reinstalling windows unless i had to due to a virus or hardward failure. It takes too long to get all the folders set back up and the shortcuts where i want them. Not to mention installing all the games and loading saved game files...

Its called ghosting your hard drive. I dunno about the rest of you but making a ghost image if your fresh installs or fresh install + essential apps (things like anti virus and microsoft office, adobe suite, etc.) makes doing a "reformat" so simple. I just set it to back-up and voila, an hour later and I'm back to good as new. Load up steam and have it put my games back in place where I want them and I'm done.

FYI I keep all my data type stuff on my secondary HD. Things like music, pictures, video, game images, etc. all end up on that drive so I don't have to worry about backing them up.

More
12 Nov 2009 23:33 #1194 by Nacelle
The reason I never keep a clone around to do a fresh install is, everything on a clone is stale. You're gonna have to go through and install the latest version of Video Drivers, Firefox, Flash, Acrobat Reader, and whatever else that has been updated since then. But yea, data is on another drive.

More
13 Nov 2009 02:11 #1199 by Shibumi

Nacelle wrote: The reason I never keep a clone around to do a fresh install is, everything on a clone is stale. You're gonna have to go through and install the latest version of Video Drivers, Firefox, Flash, Acrobat Reader, and whatever else that has been updated since then. But yea, data is on another drive.

Well that's kind of my point. Whether you do a fresh install or a clone after a fresh one, you still have to do what you've listed. Why add to the list and get most of it out of the way?

I guess what I'm saying is, if you're the type to do fresh starts every 6 months (which I do), then might as well take half the work out of it by using a ghost image instead.

More
13 Nov 2009 03:09 #1203 by Nacelle
No matter what way you do it, the biggest time sink is installing the games.

More
13 Nov 2009 04:50 #1207 by Shibumi
Steam is win here. Load it and tell it what I want installed. I go to sleep and wake up with 20+ games installed and fully patched.

Only about 3 games of mine nowadays aren't on steam.

We have 1481 guests and one member online

supportus