Greetings and Salutations

More
23 Jul 2011 05:04 #16897 by chadkirchner
Hello everyone,

As you are probably aware at this point (by reading the front page), I have been allowed the privilege of writing for LanOC. I figured I'd take the time to introduce myself here.

I have known Wes for almost 10 years now. My computer experience is extensive, but in the past 5 or so years I have followed the way of the Macintosh. Doesn't really suit me for a gaming forum I suppose, but there are some gaming options on the Mac (especially with Steam), and I plan on exploring those and other issues in future columns.

For my "rig" (I promised Wes that I'd post pictures in the rigs section), I have a Mid-2010 27" iMac with a 2.93ghz Core i7. I have replaced the factory drive with 160gb Intel 320 Series SSD, and I have 12gb of RAM. I also have a HP s5-1020 desktop PC that is running Crash Plan for my computer as well as several other machines (for offsite backup). Backups are important!

Because I also drink the Steve Jobs magic Kool-Aid, I have a 32gb Verizon iPhone and a 64gb Verizon iPad. I plan on Hackintoshing the HP in the near future, and will document the process on here (even though most of you are probably aware of the process).

I have a master's degree in business, and also Apple certified (along with the obligatory A+ not that that carries much value). Any other questions just ask!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2011 06:05 #16898 by garfi3ld
Chad welcome to the site. I am excited to see what a little apple coverage will bring up as far as conversation.

Wes

More
23 Jul 2011 06:29 #16900 by Wingless92
Never got into the Mac's but you can't say that the hardware is not awesome.

Glad to have you on the site Chad.

Skyler.

More
23 Jul 2011 06:51 #16903 by Lersar
Welcome to the site Chad! The Lion article was excellent, looking forward to working with you and reading more of your work in the future!

More
23 Jul 2011 07:30 #16906 by chadkirchner
I appreciate the kind words. I have several ideas for columns already; plus there is always stuff that is new.

More
23 Jul 2011 07:59 #16909 by Wingless92
I added you on Twitter but I couldn't find you on Google+ need an invite?

More
01 Aug 2011 06:51 #17432 by chadkirchner
No, I'm rolling in the invites. I just use Google for my domain and it doesn't support the necessary Google Profiles for G+. And I'm trying to get away from using my old Google account.

More
10 Sep 2011 04:39 #19712 by chadkirchner
So I bit the bullet, deleted my Google apps account (was going to do it anyway when iCloud ships) and created a Google account specifically for G+.

I'm really liking Google plus, like a lot.

We have 2042 guests and no members online

supportus