Important Announcement regarding our upcoming event!

More
21 Oct 2009 06:12 #505 by garfi3ld
To help save everyone money and encourage people who are traveling from a long distance to come we are going to leave the doors open all night. You are welcome to stay and get some rest during our normal 2am to 10am lockup. We do ask that during that time you consider it quite time and keep noise down. To keep everyone's expensive equipment safe we will have a staff member on duty overnight, but we also will not be allowing ANYONE to remove any equipment during this time.

I should also note in case you have not been to our events before. The building does not have carpet. I highly recommend a pad and something to keep you warm on the cement floor. Due to the amount of space that the building has we also ask that you not setup your sleeping area until quite time starts, and that you have everything cleaned up and out of the way in time for things to start in the morning.

If you are interested in thanking us for saying the money, any donations can be added to the network upgrade fund.

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2009 06:19 #506 by Scootpogo

More
21 Oct 2009 06:26 #509 by garfi3ld
No Problem! lets just make sure it goes smoothly

Wes

More
21 Oct 2009 10:59 #512 by Nacelle
Thanks. Who's the lucky staff member?

More
21 Oct 2009 13:09 #520 by garfi3ld
Donnie or atomicnutsac

Wes

More
21 Oct 2009 14:35 #526 by Twodavez

Nacelle wrote: Thanks. Who's the lucky staff member?

This pic almost looks like Obama sleeping on the job! I thought it was at first before i got a good look at it.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
21 Oct 2009 15:25 #532 by jpwinkis

Nacelle wrote: Thanks. Who's the lucky staff member?

That looks like TSA Special Agent Obama

More
21 Oct 2009 15:39 #535 by Twodavez
Working hard to protect the united states but still trying to push national health care! lol Silly obamam!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
21 Oct 2009 15:46 #537 by Shafin
Thanks :) This is my first time and it sounds like it's going to be great :)

More
21 Oct 2009 16:04 #542 by jpwinkis
Aw twodaves I didnt see you posted it being Obama, I saw the picture and did quote and posted that without reading down , missed it by an hour!

More
21 Oct 2009 22:50 #560 by NitrosDragon
Wooohoooo! Overnight! =D Thanks Wes!

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
22 Oct 2009 01:02 #566 by Scootpogo
Did you have to get any special permit or something im sure that building isnt exactly suited for overnighters.

More
22 Oct 2009 01:03 #567 by Nacelle
Nither is the woods. But you make due. Be prepared for the zombie apocalypse.

More
22 Oct 2009 01:09 #568 by garfi3ld

Scootpogo wrote: Did you have to get any special permit or something im sure that building isnt exactly suited for overnighters.

Most lans are in places that arn't setup for overnight stuff. No need for a permit, just needed to have staff standing guard.

Wes

More
22 Oct 2009 05:31 #582 by Scootpogo
Allright goodstuff see you all there

More
22 Oct 2009 12:21 #592 by MurDerFace
Werd

Werd up home slice

More
22 Oct 2009 17:09 #603 by LinkyPwns
I can still take my rig home but leave everything else there right?

More
22 Oct 2009 18:11 #607 by Twodavez
Linky - That what i was planning on doing. I have no problem leaving my monitor and stuff there, but i might pack up the PC and just carry that out.
I think the rule is you have until 2 am to carry out items, after that time everything in the building stays until 10 am the next morning.

More
22 Oct 2009 18:36 #615 by Scootpogo
i trust everyone there i have no reason to not trust anyone. So leaving my PC in there wont be a problem. If theres anyone i shouldn't trust just tell me....meh actually Dreyvas is gonna be there everyone should probably pack everything up. XD jkk

More
22 Oct 2009 19:47 #622 by Twodavez
It's not that i don't trust, i just think sometimes things are easier if people don't even have the opportunity. Plus i have some personal things on my PC which could be switched on an accessed. Again not that i think it will happen, just my personal feelings on the situation.
My feelings may change by tomorrow night, but i just wanted to put it out there what people will be allowed to do.

More
22 Oct 2009 20:44 #624 by Wingless92
Alright, who's gonna help me jump Dave for his PC? I say if we get 4 people and some chains he shouldn't put up that much of a fight. Need 3 more or a stun gun, lol.

I'll keep my stuff there, if someone steals my stuff, i'll find out who did it and smash their PC right in front of them. Hate THEVIES!!!!!!!

More
22 Oct 2009 21:10 #625 by Reaper

Twodavez wrote: It's not that i don't trust, i just think sometimes things are easier if people don't even have the opportunity. Plus i have some personal things on my PC which could be switched on an accessed. Again not that i think it will happen, just my personal feelings on the situation.
My feelings may change by tomorrow night, but i just wanted to put it out there what people will be allowed to do.

I know what ya mean, and I'll be doing the same thing as you (taking at least the PC), it's not a trust issue, for me it's a control one. I highly doubt anyone there would try to run off with my PC (especially with better targets to pick from), but if something unforeseeable happened like the building burning down I don't think anyone would take the time to come back in and rescue the ownerless PC's :D

More
22 Oct 2009 21:20 #627 by Dreyvas
I'd recommend putting a password on your PC for the event, even if you don't have one at home.

More
23 Oct 2009 17:53 #655 by Shibumi
I'll be there!!!

I'll be a bit late as I'm carpooling with someone, but I'm coming out for sure now!

More
23 Oct 2009 18:14 #656 by garfi3ld

We have 1565 guests and no members online

supportus