Demigod Tournament Info

More
13 Oct 2009 02:04 - 21 Oct 2009 05:28 #195 by garfi3ld
Participants will be running the latest update (as of 9/22/09), v1.19. This can be downloaded via Impulse, or through the Lan Control Center. If you are unable to obtain the update, please see a staff member. Demigod must be updated and ready to play at the time of the tournament’s start.
Tournament Begins: Friday, October 23 @ 6PM
All participants should sign up and select teams prior to the tournaments start. Players without a team should sign-up as a pug to be assigned to a team.

Tournament Rules:
• Two teams of three active players will play Conquest against one another on the Map ‘Cataract’.
• All team members must be present at the announcement of a match once the tournament begins, and must report to the designated area promptly. Failure to do so will result in an automatic loss.
• Should a team have an absent member, that team will have five minutes to find a replacement. If another member cannot be found, that team will have the choice to play with the number of players present or forfeit the match. No handicap will be allocated due to absence.
• Players will be allowed to switch Demigods between matches, but are committed to the Demigod selected once the match begins.
• There are no restrictions on items.
• No restarts, pauses, or mulligan of any kind will be permitted once a match begins.
• Winners will be decided by Demigod’s victory settings, i.e. the team who destroys the other’s citadel first.

Staff reserves the right to alter the rules at any time. Proper and prompt notice will be given.
[dailymotion]x8w29f_demigod-trailer_videogames[/dailymotion]

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2009 10:52 #201 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic RE: Demigod Tournament Info
Thank you for not making it random teams. One of my sons decided he didn't want to go. So, we're going to need another team member.

More
13 Oct 2009 17:41 #211 by jj_Sky5000
really!!!!

More
13 Oct 2009 18:18 #214 by Twodavez
Gosh, can we just save the time and energy and give the prizes to Nacelle's team.
I'm not even sure there are enough other experienced players go against them. The only people i know that even play the game are, Nacelle & his sons, LindyPwns, JJSky & myself...
We'll see who all signs up for the tourney.
Has there ever been a TF2 tourney? Have players rank themselves in skill levels, then draw random teams with each having around the same skill level. Play a normal map with fast respawns and do 1 payload both sides, then one capture the point both sides and then maybe an arena to even out the scores...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
13 Oct 2009 20:19 #217 by Shibumi
Replied by Shibumi on topic RE: Demigod Tournament Info
I know my way around Demigod. Only real chararacter I know how to play is Oak though, I would be interested in the tournament.

More
13 Oct 2009 20:40 #218 by Twodavez
You can be on my team if you'd like. I'm ok with Tourch Bearer & Rook...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
16 Oct 2009 04:20 #296 by Reaper
Replied by Reaper on topic RE: Demigod Tournament Info
Though I won't be there for the tournament on Friday, I notice that the version you'll be playing is 1.19.0186. Currently 1.19.132 is the latest and is what I have installed. Will there be an archived copy of 1.19.0186 on the network to be installed? I only have archives of .122, .130 & .132. The only reason I'm asking is I'm sure some people will want to play it at some point Saturday? Not having been to one of your events before I wasn't sure if there is some sort of set schedule for the games on the playlist or if people more or less said "hey, let's get a group together and play ____".

Also does anyone know how the game reacts to installing an older version on top of the newer one? I'm just curious if it keeps your profile & trinkets you've purchased.

More
16 Oct 2009 04:28 #297 by garfi3ld
we should be updating to the newest version, we were looking for updates before we confirmed

Wes

More
16 Oct 2009 04:33 #298 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic RE: Demigod Tournament Info

Reaper wrote: The only reason I'm asking is I'm sure some people will want to play it at some point Saturday? Not having been to one of your events before I wasn't sure if there is some sort of set schedule for the games on the playlist or if people more or less said "hey, let's get a group together and play ____".

We've experimented with different ways of coordinating games being played, but anyway it goes whether its a tournament or not, there are several games at any given time being played at leisure, if you will.

We do have a schedule, but even so some people tend to play what they want to play. Either way you look at it, you shouldn't have any problems finding people to play a game with.

More
16 Oct 2009 11:13 #299 by Nacelle

Shibumi wrote: I know my way around Demigod. Only real chararacter I know how to play is Oak though, I would be interested in the tournament.

Like I said, we need another person. I play Erebus and my son plays the Torch Bearer.

More
16 Oct 2009 11:28 #300 by Nacelle
Why would we even think about using an old verion? Impulse updates the game automaticly, just like Steam. We wouldn't play an old version of TF2. Owners of the game can log in here anywhere.impulsedriven.com/ and download the installer, so the non-owners can play. Owners of the game should not have to jump through hoops. That the job of the people who don't purchase a game.

More
16 Oct 2009 14:29 #302 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic RE: Demigod Tournament Info

Nacelle wrote: Why would we even think about using an old verion? Impulse updates the game automaticly, just like Steam. We wouldn't play an old version of TF2. Owners of the game can log in here anywhere.impulsedriven.com/ and download the installer, so the non-owners can play. Owners of the game should not have to jump through hoops. That the job of the people who don't purchase a game.

I don't think anyone was considering using an older version. We were trying to compile a list of the current versions of games we play, and the list simply hadn't been updated. We just wanted to ensure we had the correct listing for those who may not have an Internet connection for Impulse to auto-update.

More
16 Oct 2009 19:31 #307 by LinkyPwns
ill get in on the demigod tournament, but to be fair we should have random teams based on skill level like nexus lan did

More
16 Oct 2009 20:32 #308 by Twodavez
I kinda spelled out that idea in post #4 on this thread. I agree that random teams would be best, since i don't think it's a heavily played game by some outside of lans. But it's up to the staff to decide what they want to do. I'd be afraid that it might not even be a battle if the teams come stacked...
What about a TF2 Tourney???

More
16 Oct 2009 21:04 #310 by Nacelle
I'm always willing to mix up the teams when we're casually playing. A tournament is another story. You're in it to win. Splitting up a team because everyone else doesn't want to face them seems kinda lame.

More
16 Oct 2009 21:26 #311 by garfi3ld
i can agree with both sides on this one. Tourneys shouldnt have to have random teams to make it fair, it defeats the point of competition. BUT competition isnt fun for everyone for that same reason. Thats why i HATE tourneys. I would rather do some fun contests. lol

Wes

More
17 Oct 2009 00:14 #312 by Scootpogo
Tournaments aren't for everyone though. Its for the people who play the game and want to test their skills against other people who play the game. And going into any tournament you should know that theres a possibility of losing. If there is an argument about how teams go just don't have a reward for tournaments and see who still wants to play.

More
17 Oct 2009 13:33 #317 by Twodavez
oh i'm all about competition. We'll see you all at the tourney!

More
17 Oct 2009 16:48 #320 by Reaper
I look forward to hearing about the results and hope you all still feel like playing it a few times on Saturday :)

More
17 Oct 2009 16:55 #321 by jj_Sky5000
I will be playing on saturday. I am going to miss the tourny as well I have to leave at 6:00pm on Friday.

More
17 Oct 2009 17:36 #323 by LinkyPwns
I can't make it on Friday....unless I take work off :D

More
17 Oct 2009 18:15 #324 by Nacelle
Yea, it would be nice if it was pushed back a couple of hours.

More
17 Oct 2009 18:36 #327 by Twodavez

jj_Sky5000 wrote: I will be playing on saturday. I am going to miss the tourny as well I have to leave at 6:00pm on Friday.

Guess your doing the noble thing and taking your wife out for dinner. Or babysitting the kids so that she can go out. What a good man!

More
17 Oct 2009 19:40 #332 by Scootpogo
Or is the crack of a whip i hear

More
18 Oct 2009 00:40 #334 by jj_Sky5000

Twodavez wrote:

jj_Sky5000 wrote: I will be playing on saturday. I am going to miss the tourny as well I have to leave at 6:00pm on Friday.

Guess your doing the noble thing and taking your wife out for dinner. Or babysitting the kids so that she can go out. What a good man!

or both

More
18 Oct 2009 20:04 #359 by Twodavez
you gotta do what you gotta do to keep the peace! We'll see you friday!

More
20 Oct 2009 05:45 #419 by garfi3ld
im going to move it back to 5pm, i think if its pushed back farther than that we will run into issues with people still getting their pc's setup and whatnot. Most of the time on fridays it takes a little while to get everyone going

Wes

More
20 Oct 2009 10:58 #424 by Nacelle
Um, "move it back" means making it later. Which happens to be opposite of what everyone would like, if I may speak for "everyone". If 6pm was too early, 5pm is even worse.

More
20 Oct 2009 17:18 #429 by Reaper
Hrm... I might have just got the "ok" to go for both days now, though I wouldn't be able to take off work til 5. Pushing it back (later) as Nacelle indicated would be awesome. So 6 PM or later I should be able to make though it'd be a squeeze to tear down & get setup + the drive time.

Other than that, how do I go about enrolling in this tournament?

More
20 Oct 2009 17:54 #431 by garfi3ld

Nacelle wrote: Um, "move it back" means making it later. Which happens to be opposite of what everyone would like, if I may speak for "everyone". If 6pm was too early, 5pm is even worse.

thats what i thought. but then JJ was saying that he had to leave by 6 and he wanted it pushed back. I figured someone was confused.

Wes

We have 2212 guests and no members online

supportus