Hotels and places to stay

More
10 Oct 2009 21:02 #153 by garfi3ld
Post up if you need a place to crash. There may be a few people who might have room

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2009 00:55 #246 by NitrosDragon
I have a comfortable car I can sleep in, but I need somewhere to park! Please post if willing to spare some driveway space!

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
15 Oct 2009 01:25 #252 by Shibumi
Hrm... I'm riding down with someone, still need a place to crash though. Anyone want to offer up their trunk? :P

Seriously I just need a like 2x6' space to snooze and I'm ok.

More
15 Oct 2009 15:54 #262 by Wingless92
Really guys? C'mon, it's 2009. Get a hotel like i'm doing. Your back will thank you in the morning. Plus, everyone needs a shower, every now and again.

More
15 Oct 2009 17:19 #263 by Twodavez
If it was warmer, i'd suggest camping out, but i'm not sure that'll work, you may freeze!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
15 Oct 2009 18:03 #269 by Wingless92
2 guys 1 tent, I can see the youtube vid now.

More
15 Oct 2009 21:31 #273 by Shibumi

Wingless92 wrote: Really guys? C'mon, it's 2009. Get a hotel like i'm doing. Your back will thank you in the morning. Plus, everyone needs a shower, every now and again.

I'd love to, but going from 10 ticket + 20 gas = 30 bucks then doubling that just to sleep for 8 hours, I'd rather sleep uncomfortably.

More
16 Oct 2009 01:04 #276 by garfi3ld
if we have enough people interested we can rethink our schedule next time around. Last time we didn't close overnight no one stayed

Wes

More
16 Oct 2009 02:59 #290 by Lersar
if we had more room, we could just have people crash in sleeping bags there

More
16 Oct 2009 03:04 #292 by Nacelle
I've been to lans with less room where we slept on the floor.

More
16 Oct 2009 03:07 #293 by Lersar
well, i don't know that we know what to expect at 5.0. we've had a lot of feedback and interest indicating that its going to be our biggest turnout yet. under the tables is always guaranteed though. :D

More
16 Oct 2009 03:16 #294 by garfi3ld
its not a room issue, its an issue of keeping everyones expensive equipment safe. two lans ago we had two staff stay overnight to keep everything open all night. Noone stayed past 3 am.

As ive said before if we have enough interest we can always try it again, we would have to arange to have someone their overnight also.

Wes

More
16 Oct 2009 12:12 #301 by Twodavez
You can always just show up on saturday and still have 14 hours of gaming! I did it in April and i do'nt feel like i missed out on much. There were still tons of prizes and games to be played on saturday, including the mouse toss and dodgeball (Non PC games)...
So if you did allow overnight staying, would there be gaming allowed? or would it be quiet time from 1 am - 9 am? I'd think something like this would work. I know i'm not looking forward to a 34 hour LAN 2pm fri - 12pm Sat. so as long as there isn't any drawings our tourney's, it would just be up to the staff if they are willing to stay and allow people to sleep there.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
21 Oct 2009 15:27 #533 by jpwinkis

Twodavez wrote: If it was warmer, i'd suggest camping out, but i'm not sure that'll work, you may freeze!

I was totally thinking that. We need to plan a camp out for the April LAN OC. Can we camp out by the building WES? and have a fire? or will we need a location by the LAN.

Shibumi wrote:

Wingless92 wrote: Really guys? C'mon, it's 2009. Get a hotel like i'm doing. Your back will thank you in the morning. Plus, everyone needs a shower, every now and again.

I'd love to, but going from 10 ticket + 20 gas = 30 bucks then doubling that just to sleep for 8 hours, I'd rather sleep uncomfortably.

Yes, Im in the same boat, I can not justify $60 bucks to sleep for 8 hours when Im going to a LAN. Unless its something like MML or a big LAN over the span of 3 days or so.

More
21 Oct 2009 15:37 #534 by Twodavez
I'm going to say that campfires are not allowed in the park where the LAN is. But if anyone loves to go real camping (primitive/No PC's) A group of my friends uaually go a few times a year. I'm sure w'ell post some more details about getting a bunch of nerds into the wilderness for some camping fun!

More
21 Oct 2009 16:02 #541 by jpwinkis
Yea, camping is fun. We had fun last time we went, untill my frineds tent turned into a boat and he got made shot it with a shotgun and burned it. Good times. Yea, just keep me posted if you want to go camping.

More
21 Oct 2009 17:59 #551 by Wingless92
Hey Wes, can you post again where this place is at please. I looked through the forums and couldn't find it. Thanks dude, also what time does it start on Friday?

More
21 Oct 2009 18:50 #553 by Wingless92
Nevermind, thanks Bing. lol.

More
21 Oct 2009 19:35 #554 by Shibumi
Looks like I'm going to end up being a no-go. This just isn't working out for me, there's too many things happening over this weekend, and logistics is still an issue. Sorry it'll have to wait till the next mini or 6.

More
22 Oct 2009 01:31 #574 by garfi3ld

Wingless92 wrote: Hey Wes, can you post again where this place is at please. I looked through the forums and couldn't find it. Thanks dude, also what time does it start on Friday?

up top there is a tab for our location with a map. There are also listings for all of the food places and hotels with phone numbers and websites.

Wes

We have 1621 guests and one member online

supportus