Schedule

More
04 Apr 2010 19:20 #3269 by garfi3ld
Schedule was created by garfi3ld
Its posted up top in the menu

lanoc.org/lanoc-lanpartys/lanoc-v60-information/event-schedule

it is still subject to change, please voice any concerns

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2010 21:57 #3270 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re:Schedule
1. Thanks for making it Saturday & Sunday and not Friday evening.
2. Mind putting a vote up for League of Legends instead of DotA? LoL is from the makers of DotA, BTW.

More
09 Apr 2010 16:59 #3627 by Tiffany
Replied by Tiffany on topic Re:Schedule
ok, after looking at the schedule I might be a little disappointed...

Just to get things straight.

DAY ONE:

there will be no FPS play, and you can't even be in the building past 2am. (correct me if I'm wrong)

DAY TWO:

only three hours of FPS game play.

SO since I only play three games COD4 MW2 and BFBC2 it seems like I only need to be there at the end of the day on Sunday. :dry: I hope this is not the case but I suppose I better find out before I drive a few hours up.

More
09 Apr 2010 17:08 #3628 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Re:Schedule
You can stay after 2, if I heard correctly from Garfi3ld and Lersar. But noone can leave the building with any computer stuff after that time. So, you could technically stay up and play FPS's with whoever wants to after 2 am because that's where the schedule stops.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys :P

More
09 Apr 2010 17:33 #3629 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re:Schedule
The schedule is just for tournaments and contests. There will be more than enough FPS play over both days

"Doors are locked, no equipment leaves the building. Quiet time, lights are turned down."

everyone is welcome to stay, we just start quiet time for people to be able to get some rest. This is also lockdown time meaning no equipment leaves. This is to prevent any theft of things while people are at hotels.

Wes

More
09 Apr 2010 17:54 #3630 by Tiffany
ok this sounds a lot better then :)

also will there be internet connection, so if no one at the LAN wants to play I can still play with my STEAM friends?

More
09 Apr 2010 18:11 #3632 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:Schedule
Yep.

More
09 Apr 2010 18:15 #3633 by garfi3ld
there will be net, remember though that with the amount of people we have there. It may not be the fastest.

Make sure you have downloaded and updated all of your games before the lan. Everyone trying to install games off of steam kills the connection.

Wes

More
09 Apr 2010 18:41 #3637 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:Schedule
Nacelle wrote:

2. Mind putting a vote up for League of Legends instead of DotA? LoL is from the makers of DotA, BTW.

I'm definitely up to trying some at the LAN, and since there seems to be some confusion, I want to emphasize that tournaments aren't the only games that are going to be played. In fact, the tournaments are designed to take less time so there is more free time to play whatever, whether it be LoL, FPS, etc...

As far as the tournament itself goes, we based the titles on what got the most attention in the v6.0 games discussion, in which LoL wasn't mentioned. I think it's something to look at for the future, but the availability, popularity, and low requirements of WCIII make it a prime candidate.

More
09 Apr 2010 21:19 #3641 by Dreyvas
I wouldn't mind downloading HoN or LoL, but I don't think I want to get both. What are the main differences?

More
09 Apr 2010 22:19 #3643 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re:Schedule
I say lets all go with none of our games installed then download them at the LAN. When the connection sucks blame Wes. Sound like a good idea?

Tiff - I'll be playing FPS like crazy. We need to get me some rank in MW2. HELP ME!!! lol.

More
09 Apr 2010 22:47 - 09 Apr 2010 22:50 #3648 by Nacelle
There's really not that much difference between HoN and LoL. They're pretty much the same game. Each has their own tweaks to make them different in some way. The 3 of us here prefer LoL. The reason I asked for a vote is that DotA is so confusing in the way equipment and items are bought. To get one item, you have to go to this guy and buy this and then go to this other guy and buy this other thing, then put them together. Unless you've played enough to know what is where, you're screwed. LoL has a suggested buy list. Another thing that is greatly improved in LoL is the unit designation. All the units from your team are marked with green health bars and the enemy is marked with red. You are always aware of who's on what team. DotA, you have to click on the guy to see which team he's on. Too late, I'm dead. All in all, LoL is more noob friendly, it's got low system requirements and is free, which is all the things you want at a LAN.
Last edit: 09 Apr 2010 22:50 by Nacelle.

More
09 Apr 2010 22:50 #3650 by Dreyvas
Awesome, thanks for the clarification.

More
10 Apr 2010 02:27 #3655 by Tiffany
Wingless92 wrote:

Tiff - I'll be playing FPS like crazy. We need to get me some rank in MW2. HELP ME!!! lol.

we will play demo and with a pro on your team aka ME you'll have no problem getting some extra points ;)

More
10 Apr 2010 06:35 #3660 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Re:Schedule
Tiffany wrote:

Wingless92 wrote:

we will play demo and with a pro on your team aka ME you'll have no problem getting some extra points ;)

If we play a couple 3rd person I can be of some assistance ;)

More
11 Apr 2010 17:01 #3676 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re:Schedule
Noob friendly game eh? well that's fun for about five minutes. I like games with learning curves. Also "lol" is taken gonna have to call it something else. :)
I don't play the shooters enough right now to be really good, not enough time... so I'm more like "that guy" who is middle of the pack and has maybe a few more kills than deaths. :silly:

More
11 Apr 2010 18:25 - 11 Apr 2010 18:26 #3677 by Nacelle
It's LoL not lol. There's a difference. Noob friendly doesn't mean it's easy. Play online and see how fast you die. It will take you more than 5 minutes to be any good. I'm just saying that compared to the games that are like it, it's easier for a noob to pick up and start playing.
Last edit: 11 Apr 2010 18:26 by Nacelle.

More
12 Apr 2010 19:54 #3692 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re:Schedule
I prefer something easier to pick up (in all respects) as LoL seems to be. It sounds like we have some severe FPS fans here, so a free game to start on is a good thing. I will be playing LoL regardless of tournament status (haven't gotten around to account and download yet, suppose I could now), but it's nice to have more people involved, interested, and playing the game instead of "what does this do? where's the enemy? why am I dying so much?" Mind you, I'd probably be saying these things, I'll admit noob status in these action RTS games or whatever you'd like to call them.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
12 Apr 2010 23:07 - 13 Apr 2010 03:23 #3709 by Shroud
I dunno, I picked up DoTA and was doing good within maybe ten minutes, good enough to hold off Cory.
Last edit: 13 Apr 2010 03:23 by Shroud. Reason: Doing Cory a solid and dropping the E.

More
12 Apr 2010 23:45 #3711 by vialdragon
Replied by vialdragon on topic Re:Schedule
lol if it is me you speak of you gotta do me a solid and drop the E :)

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

More
13 Apr 2010 03:22 #3724 by Shroud
Haha ok, consider it dropped.

More
13 Apr 2010 19:37 #3736 by Tiffany
oh yeah...

is there still dodge ball to be played?

More
13 Apr 2010 20:55 #3737 by garfi3ld
of course! we did drop one activity this year. But dodgeball is still around and kicking

Wes

More
13 Apr 2010 21:17 #3738 by Tiffany
:)

More
13 Apr 2010 21:23 #3740 by vialdragon
quite amazed no one shouted out or noticed the dropped activity.

More
14 Apr 2010 14:58 #3754 by Daveyo
Replied by Daveyo on topic Re:Schedule
amy was really looking forward to pulling out 1st place in mouse toss this year so i hope you replaced it with something good

More
14 Apr 2010 17:23 #3759 by jj_Sky5000
Replied by jj_Sky5000 on topic Re:Schedule
i wanted to better my performace this year and not throw my mouse into the field!!!! Can i have my mouse back please it was custom!!!!! it was grey!!!!

More
14 Apr 2010 21:19 #3772 by vialdragon
lol if memory serves me right ( and its actually unusual that it does ) after tossing it you jumped on it a few times. If you want it back we will see if we can dig it up.. but if we do that your gonna have to de-key your keyboard and use it as a bat. we will toss the mouse @ you like a baseball and you can only have it back if you hit it on lanoc roof. --- or in the tree. I love to climb.

More
15 Apr 2010 02:04 #3794 by Daveyo
Replied by Daveyo on topic Re:Schedule
i just read the league of legends talk. I've been playing it for a couple weeks now and i dont think it's really a lan game. I mean your summoner levels permanently as you play. I'm level 10 and i would consider it a huge advantage 3% crit plus a bunch of spec stuff. Nacelle and them are probably 30's lol.

Hon/Dota, will be even, and are also free. Not to mention hon is a replica of dota, where lol is very different, no denying which i hate. we could do both

More
15 Apr 2010 03:49 - 15 Apr 2010 03:50 #3801 by Dreyvas
Lol, off-topic much?

T_T No mouse toss
Last edit: 15 Apr 2010 03:50 by Dreyvas.

We have 1934 guests and no members online

supportus