v6 games

More
15 Mar 2010 15:17 #2672 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Re:v6 games
Dude yea! I'm down for that as long as you guys have them on the server or thumb-drive for me. Like I said earlier, I'm down for just about any game you guys wanna play. And I will enjoy killing Josh especially...over and over and over ;)

p.s. Don't take it personally Josh...I'll still acknowledge you as a relative haha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2010 19:22 #2678 by vialdragon
Replied by vialdragon on topic Re:v6 games
Never played any UT games but Dreyvas makes it sounds great

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

More
15 Mar 2010 19:39 #2680 by NitrosDragon
Replied by NitrosDragon on topic Re:v6 games
I've tried UT out once years ago. Pretty much how'd you'd think it is; very fast-paced. I'm more familiar with Quake, though, which still isn't saying much.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
15 Mar 2010 19:51 #2681 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:v6 games
Yeah. I don't know if I'd play UT online, because people are crazy good. At a LAN it'd be great, though! Yeah, it's just a fast-pased FPS with flack cannons, rocket launchers and all sorts of crazy guns. Great stuff.

starkiller1 wrote:

Dude yea! I'm down for that as long as you guys have them on the server or thumb-drive for me. Like I said earlier, I'm down for just about any game you guys wanna play. And I will enjoy killing Josh especially...over and over and over ;)

p.s. Don't take it personally Josh...I'll still acknowledge you as a relative haha

Just like you killed me over and over at MW2?

>_> I went there :laugh:

More
15 Mar 2010 22:21 #2684 by NitrosDragon
Dreyvas wrote:

Just like you killed me over and over at MW2?

>_> I went there :laugh:

Oh no you di'int! :woohoo:

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]

More
17 Mar 2010 15:39 - 17 Mar 2010 15:39 #2726 by Davey_Boy
mmm...you went there eh? Well looks like the gloves are coming off!! ;)
No more Mister Nice Starkiller!! :angry:
hahaha
Last edit: 17 Mar 2010 15:39 by Davey_Boy.

More
17 Mar 2010 16:49 #2732 by Dreyvas
Matt, Alex, Townie and I had a small LAN at my house last night and tried out some Unreal 2004. Awesome stuff, I can't wait to play it at a LAN.

More
17 Mar 2010 21:42 #2737 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re:v6 games
The graphics are still pretty good for an older game. I think it's better thanUT3 because there's less fluff. Too much detail makes it hard to identify enemies.

More
18 Mar 2010 00:57 #2740 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re:v6 games
ok guys keep posting up tournament and game suggestions. I am going to put together some sort of poll to get our tournaments picked out this coming weekend.

Wes

More
18 Mar 2010 01:43 #2745 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re:v6 games
Sweet, sounds like UT is in! Yeah, we have cheap quick install copies for everyone, completely legit. The game is awesome, and I have been trying out some different modes and setups in my spare time. I've been a big fan of Onslaught (Custom setup of Redeemer Nukes as only weapon, Tanks as only vehicles, and 1.5 game speed), and Invasion is always good. If we have enough people, PvP Team DM or something would be good, but Lersar and I were in a LAN with Instagib, and that is not very fun for noobs in TDM. I'd be up for having my custom game options used at the LAN, but some people may not like them, and normal matches with slight adjustments would probably be best for the first time. Feel free to send me messages about the custom game options or anything else.

Oh, Last Man Standing Tournament, Team DM Bracket (small teams) Tournament, or Onslaught Tournament for UT would be amazing. As long as there are some people that have played before, and no one uses hacks.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
18 Mar 2010 03:06 #2751 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re:v6 games
Instagib is the best. I could do without those other crazy mods.

More
18 Mar 2010 03:24 #2752 by Dreyvas
Big head is pretty fun, just makes your head bigger the more kills you get.

Other than that, maybe I'm boring, but I enjoy straight up Deathmatch. Seems like all we play lately are team-based first person shooters (or team modes for MW2.) It's really nice not to have to depend on team members sometimes, or struggle with unbalanced teams all the time.

More
18 Mar 2010 12:50 - 18 Mar 2010 15:56 #2755 by NitrosDragon
Dreyvas wrote:

So it's a mod made to make it easier for the rest of us to kill jj?

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
Last edit: 18 Mar 2010 15:56 by NitrosDragon. Reason: fix'd tag

More
18 Mar 2010 15:03 - 18 Mar 2010 15:04 #2758 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re:v6 games
Anyone else have the Galactic Warfare Mod for COD4? This is awsome for COD4 and it's free.

This is really fun, I have been playing it for awhile.

Get your Star Wars on.

www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-mod-galacti...ctic-warfare-04-beta
Last edit: 18 Mar 2010 15:04 by Wingless92.

More
18 Mar 2010 16:08 #2763 by Dreyvas
NitrosDragon wrote:

Dreyvas wrote:

So it's a mod made to make it easier for the rest of us to kill jj?

Haha. I don't know if it changes the hitboxes at all or not, I was under the impression it was a cosmetic mod. Beats me, though.

More
19 Mar 2010 01:12 #2775 by Leonresevil2
Big Head mod may change the hitbox, but it doesn't seem to have an unbalancing effect. I personally do not like Instagib, as it makes the first hit lethal every time. Players have no chance to retaliate, and people can easily spam shots (instagib rifles have unlimited ammo and 1-hit kills), and camp out in distant areas to snipe. Plus, a 1-hit death beam is not as cool IMO as rockets, flak cannons, nukes, chainguns, etc. I only really like the Redeemer/Tank Onslaught setup because it requires different tactics and an offensive-style defense.

Overall, the only mods I can recommend for any modes are UDamage Reward (so the player that kills the one with Double Damage can get Double Damage from the body), Quad Jump (to navigate where you would normally take an elevator, players can't really glitch in most maps with it), and Vehicle Pickups. I would recommend Last Man Standing over Deathmatch (more intense, all weapons available on spawn), but that is my view on it. DM would be acceptable too.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
19 Mar 2010 15:40 #2804 by NitrosDragon
I'd love to see some UT next time I lan.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]

More
22 Mar 2010 12:22 #2839 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:v6 games
I know it's still early, but is there a tentative schedule for games/events for this LAN yet? Since the LAN is going until 5pm sunday, i think i maybe able to show up for all day gaming on Sunday since I don't think the bachelor party will go very late on saturday...
I would love to play Dodge ball, so can i vote to have this event on sunday?
Thanks and i'm looking forward to seeing you all at the upcoming LANs!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
25 Mar 2010 13:43 - 25 Mar 2010 13:46 #2920 by Cra2hgirl
Replied by Cra2hgirl on topic Re:v6 games
Nacelle wrote:

Instagib is the best. I could do without those other crazy mods.

Instagib ROCKS! That brings back a lot of memories as that's all we used to play. I tried to play recently and I had to turn down my mouse speed way down, I guess because the game was running so fast.

I'm like you, I don't really care for all the other mods. Although, I thought the mod where you carry the chicken was pretty funny. I forget what that was called.
Last edit: 25 Mar 2010 13:46 by Cra2hgirl.

More
25 Mar 2010 14:33 #2923 by Wingless92
Again, everyone run and the the Galatic Warfare mod for COD4. Look a my previous post for the link.

More
26 Mar 2010 21:05 #2996 by garfi3ld
adam stop reading this

*posted from the staff meeting

Wes

More
26 Mar 2010 21:57 #2998 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:v6 games
So we're a little torn on the choice for FPS tournament title, what would you guys think of doing a vote between two or three games at the LAN itself, to better suit attendees both for those who show up and those who don't regularly post on the forums.

More
27 Mar 2010 02:13 #3000 by Wingless92
Sounds good to me. I vote for a vote at the LAN. That sounded weird

More
27 Mar 2010 02:35 #3001 by Davey_Boy
Vote at the Lan. Another reason why I think that would be a good idea is because then we could see who actually has what game. The vote would help get the most ppl involved in the tourny.

More
29 Mar 2010 15:42 #3074 by tylord256
Replied by tylord256 on topic Re:v6 games
hey finaly got an account here..... anyway i just signed up for v6 and as far as fps goes im all for tf2

More
30 Mar 2010 20:42 #3120 by Cra2hgirl
Replied by Cra2hgirl on topic Re:v6 games
I am bummed I won't be able to make it to this event. Action might though. We did give you guys a shout out at NeXus LAN last weekend.

More
30 Mar 2010 21:09 #3121 by garfi3ld
bummer you wont make it, but thank you for the shout out!

Wes

More
31 Mar 2010 15:48 #3133 by Scy
Replied by Scy on topic Re:v6 games
I just want to make sure there's an "official" list of games posted before the LAN, I recently wiped my computer, and want to make sure I reinstall/patch all the correct games beforehand.

More
31 Mar 2010 16:05 #3134 by Leonresevil2
Scy wrote:

I just want to make sure there's an "official" list of games posted before the LAN, I recently wiped my computer, and want to make sure I reinstall/patch all the correct games beforehand.

I second this, although I have not wiped my computer, I have less games on here as of now. I have most of my Steam games uninstalled, and it would be a good idea to know what the game plan is. I don't know that I will have room to install all the games (sadly), so I need to think about what to put on, and first games at the LAN would probably be first.

In other news, I tried out Instagib with UT2k4, it's not as bad as I thought. Also, I tried that Galactic mod for CoD4, but it wouldn't work for me (booting the mod ran regular CoD4).

Also, I would like to know what FPS games are being considered for a tournament. I don't see TF2 working for a tournament at the lan, since teams should be large, and it wouldn't seem that the LAN would have enough people to have distinct competing teams; competition and clear rivals are important for fun. I don't think TF2 would work so well for a Deathmatch-type game without teams. CS:S would be good, and I think I would like UT more. If the UT tourney is Instagib, we need to have it later in the LAN, so people can get in practice and testing beforehand (I had major issues with disconnects while in an SLP tourney, ruined my chances to compete). CS:S would be more reliable for internet (Steam), but UT is a classic and has a good pace for an intense tourney.
If voting can be coordinated well (voting on paper when you arrive and sign in, or voting on the LAN network like before), then I would be fine with that.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
31 Mar 2010 16:11 #3135 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:v6 games
We are working on getting an official list with patches up, plus it will be in the newsletter this month, but to give you guys a little heads-up until then:

Bad Company 2
StarCraft
Modern Warfare 2
DoTA
TF2
CS:S
Dissidia
Shattered Horizon
Quake Wars
Modern Warfare 1
Trackmania
L4D2
Demigod
FlatOut2
R6V2
UT2K4
Galactic Warfare Mod for MW

Those were the titles that got the most attention in the discussion, we're working on a more concrete schedule but that should give you an idea on what's going to be played. Keep in mind though as long as you can get enough people to play a game, we're not going to unplug your computer or anything if it's not in this list. What we play is decided on what you guys want to play.

Tournaments:
Old School *MYSTERY FUN!!*
Defense of the Ancients
Flatout2
FPS: Vote @ LAN between Bad Company 2, Counter-Strike Source, and Unreal Tournament 2004

We have 4369 guests and no members online

supportus