Iron Storm PURE - Pittsburgh, PA - Aug 21-22

More
26 Jul 2010 22:19 #7562 by jungleralph

The Pittsburgh LAN Coalition Inc. (Pittco) is proud to present its latest incarnation of LAN party, Iron Storm PURE, taking place August 21st-22nd, 2010 at the Castle Shannon Fire Hall . Pittco strives to provide the greater Pittsburgh area with a PC gaming entertainment experience unlike any other. This event returns LANing to it's roots by offering an event focused on providing what truly matters at LANs, rich and varied gaming experiences with real people on a high-speed local area network. This event will feature:
  • CONSTANT organized matches of different games, variants, and mods for maximum entertainment. Small prizes will be offered for many events, especially BAWLS and Red Bull to keep the caffeine flowing!
  • Expect to play things you never thought you'd see a full server of.
  • Customized servers running a plethora of variants, maps, and mods.
  • Counter-Strike 1.6 Super Serial Buy-In Tournament (For you pro kids out there)
  • Gigabit High-Speed network provided by our sister LAN, the GXL, for super-fast file transfers
  • Concession Stand with super-cheap food, pop (soda), and energy drinks running throughout the event to keep you on top of your game
  • Music provided by DJ Turk Mc'Gurk
  • Immersive entertainment experience provided by Entertainment Coordinator Justin Ritter
  • A fun, friendly staff
  • Tons of parking space
  • Musiclol Chairs
This event will be capped at 2^7 or 128 seats to keep the atmosphere friendly and manageable. Seats start at just $25 if you pre-register online. Visit www.pittco.org/next-event/ for more information, directions to the venue, and registration. Also keep a lookout to our main event, Iron Storm 12, coming to you some time in March 2011.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2010 19:29 #7951 by draymac
Anyone else thinking of going?!?! I just recently found out I am open to go but not really wanting to go solo, lol.

More
10 Aug 2010 19:34 #7952 by garfi3ld
I want to but I have to work.

Wes

More
11 Aug 2010 12:36 #7977 by Twodavez
We do need to keep our eyes and ears open about a big 200+ LAN to go to as a group this lan season (Aug - May) Since most of us have LAN OC shirts, i think it would be cool to get 20 people together and car-pool and go to a biggie! Stompfest was cool, but lets set our sites a little higher and do something HUGE as a community! ;)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
11 Aug 2010 13:09 #7978 by garfi3ld
We hit showdown and mml with over a table each time of people from Ohio. Ohio table ftw

But yeah we need another big lan to hit.

Wes

More
13 Aug 2010 02:44 #8063 by jungleralph
Hope some of you guys come :)

Also we have a larger LAN in the spring (march) where we set our cap to 200, so free up your calender around the first week of march

More
13 Aug 2010 03:14 #8064 by garfi3ld
I will have to try to make it, Bob keeps offering up a place to stay if we come out

Wes

More
13 Aug 2010 03:26 #8066 by draymac
I talked Gweg into coming with me next weekend, lol. Should be a good time, interested in seeing how long I can stay up through the night without taking a nap somewhere.

More
13 Aug 2010 16:12 #8069 by J_E_R_O_M_E
draymac wrote:

I talked Gweg into coming with me next weekend, lol. Should be a good time, interested in seeing how long I can stay up through the night without taking a nap somewhere.

I'm gonna go with not very long!! Only b/c I know your sleeping habits. LOL!!

5 hour energy drink FTW..haha

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

More
13 Aug 2010 17:38 #8075 by Twodavez
J_E_R_O_M_E wrote:

draymac wrote:

I'm gonna go with not very long!! Only b/c I know your sleeping habits. LOL!!

5 hour energy drink FTW..haha

Are you really a fan of the "5 hour energy" shots? I'm a person who doesn't really do lots of caffiene in my normal life and i usually go to be around 10 every night, but at LAN's i usually try a MT. Dew or two just to make sure i have the gas to get home after the LAN...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
13 Aug 2010 20:02 #8079 by J_E_R_O_M_E

Are you really a fan of the "5 hour energy" shots? I'm a person who doesn't really do lots of caffiene in my normal life and i usually go to be around 10 every night, but at LAN's i usually try a MT. Dew or two just to make sure i have the gas to get home after the LAN...

NO! I don't use energy drinks at all. I'll start getting a headache and the shakes. I'm good with a pop or even just making sure I drink enough water to keep my metabolism going.

High Sugar stuff like that makes me sick.

I mentioned it b/c I know it has worked for the past for D-Ray

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

More
19 Aug 2010 00:18 #8296 by jungleralph
Hey guys, just to let you know our early registration closes tomorrow Thursday August 19th at 1PM. You can pre-register here .

We have posted a tentative schedule of events here .
And we also have posted our Pittco Roulette games here . Pittco Roulette is a series of organized matches across a wide variety of games that will run continuously throughout the LAN. The winners get free 16oz cans of BAWLS.

This LAN will be small but so far we have ~60 people signed up and growing. This LAN has alot of fun stuff planned so it's sure to be a blast!

We have 1646 guests and no members online

supportus